Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Are Scott Jensen and Matt Birk the best the Minnesota GOP has to offer? jfc, I've never seen two more idiotic clowns running for office in this State in my entire life. Ventura could run circles around them on any intelligence test.

    https://***********/BirkMatt/status/1565031827454189568
    Yes they are the best. And yes Jesse would destroy these clowns. Jesse at least had experience when he ran. He also had a remnants of a platform. These losers are running on "inclusivity is bad and women should stay home and raise the kids" now that abortion is unpopular. (Notice it isn't what they talk about anymore)

    And they are running this knowing it guarantees a loss because they agreed gonna get crushed in the Twin Cities and other populated areas all of which are dark dark blue. But the empty fields will support it!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
      are scott jensen and matt birk the best the minnesota gop has to offer? Jfc, i've never seen two more idiotic clowns running for office in this state in my entire life. Ventura could run circles around them on any intelligence test.

      https://***********/birkmatt/status/1565031827454189568
      41-0 :-d
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

      WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

      Comment


      • Cripes I love this woman.

        https://***********/mrbenwexler/stat...Lp3yvuXaPZUxWA
        the state of hockey is good

        Comment


        • In an interesting turn of fortune, Peltola wins in Alaska and will take over Don Young’s seat, defeating Nick Begich (and Palin). She is the first Democratic rep since Nicholas Begich, Nick’s grandfather who disappeared in a plane crash and whose open slot started Young’s 49 year stint.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            In an interesting turn of fortune, Peltola wins in Alaska and will take over Don Young’s seat, defeating Nick Begich (and Palin). She is the first Democratic rep since Nicholas Begich, Nick’s grandfather who disappeared in a plane crash and whose open slot started Young’s 49 year stint.
            Talking about it in the States thread but, yeah.

            I am absolutely shocked but so, so happy.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Talking about it in the States thread but, yeah.

              I am absolutely shocked but so, so happy.
              Ah, shoot. Didn’t see that thread. Hope she can repeat in November.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

              1966, 1986, 2007

              Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

              Comment


              • Unsurprisingly the national media is playing up the “Sarah Palin lost” factor instead of the “maybe a relatively unknown Democrat who overcame a 4 to 1 funding disadvantage in an R+10 state against a former Governor and VP candidate and a member of a political dynasty family ran a pretty good campaign” factor.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Unsurprisingly the national media is playing up the “Sarah Palin lost” factor instead of the “maybe a relatively unknown Democrat who overcame a 4 to 1 funding disadvantage in an R+10 state against a former Governor and VP candidate and a member of a political dynasty family ran a pretty good campaign” factor.
                  Yeah a lot of people with a lot of egg on their face are making excuses for why this happened. (and has been happening) Last night lots of people on Twitter were pointing out how now all of the people who 2 months ago guaranteed a Red Wave are finding excuses they might be wrong but all seem to be ignoring the obvious reasons right in front of their face. Like Wasserman at Cook who refuses to see this as part of a trend (Dems overperforming Biden's numbers post Dobbs) and just blames it all on Palin.

                  Its like in sports, if there is a big upset it is never that the "lesser" team won it is that the "better" team choked.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                    Yeah a lot of people with a lot of egg on their face are making excuses for why this happened. (and has been happening) Last night lots of people on Twitter were pointing out how now all of the people who 2 months ago guaranteed a Red Wave are finding excuses they might be wrong but all seem to be ignoring the obvious reasons right in front of their face. Like Wasserman at Cook who refuses to see this as part of a trend (Dems overperforming Biden's numbers post Dobbs) and just blames it all on Palin.

                    Its like in sports, if there is a big upset it is never that the "lesser" team won it is that the "better" team choked.
                    Yeah, I posted in the states thread where a local numbers guy gleamed from the data that women were the majority of voters in the election despite Alaska having a majority of men as registered voters.

                    It’s amazing that they all this data staring them in the face yet they ignore it.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • One thing abut the abortion ruling is unlike most political mistakes it doesn't fade with time. Every time a woman risks her life now, or has her life ruined, the brand burns that much worse.

                      The GOP made the two most significant political errors in modern American history within a 6-year span. Parties have died for less.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Yeah, I posted in the states thread where a local numbers guy gleamed from the data that women were the majority of voters in the election despite Alaska having a majority of men as registered voters.

                        It’s amazing that they all this data staring them in the face yet they ignore it.
                        Its weird. I mean it isn't like people are going to think Wasserman or Cook Reports are bad because their forecast had to change after a few months. Hell that used to be the point, you collect data over the course of many months/years so you can evaluate trends and look for patterns. This is, BY FAR, the easiest trend to see and yet they just don't want to see it.

                        I get the sense some, Wasserman especially, are waiting for the other shoe to drop and flip things back to an easy Red Wave. They always seems to be in a state of hedge about this. Ironically, they are using previous trends (Presidents party gets hammered in the midterms) to try and disprove a trend. Past results do not guarantee future results seems to be lost in this argument right now.

                        I am not saying btw that Palin being valley gutter trash and hated by Alaskans doesn't play into this, it obviously does. But that doesn't discount the facts you laid out in your post. (and other pundits did on Twitter) The GOP lost because women don't like them. It is happening all over the place and the fact that female registration is on the rise in almost every state is a bad sign for the GOP.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Solution: Repeal the 19th Amendment.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                            Its weird. I mean it isn't like people are going to think Wasserman or Cook Reports are bad because their forecast had to change after a few months. Hell that used to be the point, you collect data over the course of many months/years so you can evaluate trends and look for patterns. This is, BY FAR, the easiest trend to see and yet they just don't want to see it.

                            I get the sense some, Wasserman especially, are waiting for the other shoe to drop and flip things back to an easy Red Wave. They always seems to be in a state of hedge about this. Ironically, they are using previous trends (Presidents party gets hammered in the midterms) to try and disprove a trend. Past results do not guarantee future results seems to be lost in this argument right now.

                            I am not saying btw that Palin being valley gutter trash and hated by Alaskans doesn't play into this, it obviously does. But that doesn't discount the facts you laid out in your post. (and other pundits did on Twitter) The GOP lost because women don't like them. It is happening all over the place and the fact that female registration is on the rise in almost every state is a bad sign for the GOP.
                            On this Alaska race they are absolutely hedging despite a mountain of evidence that Peltola’s chances get better in November (the electorate swings ~15+D from primary to general being a big one).

                            I think nationally they’re just too stuck on Biden and his approval ratings.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              On this Alaska race they are absolutely hedging despite a mountain of evidence that Peltola’s chances get better in November (the electorate swings ~15+D from primary to general being a big one).

                              I think nationally they’re just too stuck on Biden and his approval ratings.
                              Ignoring the trend that his numbers are rising ;^)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                On this Alaska race they are absolutely hedging despite a mountain of evidence that Peltola’s chances get better in November (the electorate swings ~15+D from primary to general being a big one).

                                I think nationally they’re just too stuck on Biden and his approval ratings.
                                They won't have that excuse for long, either.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X