Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Problem is they have to do the “IM GUNA IMPEACH DA BIDEN!!1@“ stuff or the Trumpy/Q members and their base are going to revolt.
    Better problem, when they do Ds get the House back in '24.

To make Impeachment work they would need everyone on board. If any Rep lives in a Blue district they will have to be willing to lose their job for a failing effort.

Victor Frankenstein is losing control of the Monster and I'm enjoying the heck out of it!

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If dxs projection is right and it ends up 218-217 I think we might see McCarthy go apoplectic because (and yes I do honestly mean this) I think Biden can get a non-Trumper Rep to switch sides on certain issues. It won't be anything major mind you but enough to continue to show how good he actually is at his job.

Also, a one seat majority will likely kill MTGs coming "IM GUNA IMPEACH DA BIDEN!!1@" act.
    It'll be a disaster for the GOP. The Freedom Caucus ruined Boehner and Ryan as Speaker and they had a stronger grasp. A bunch of Qanoners with a tiny majority will be a ****show. They're gonna look like the Tories in Britain right now.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'm a little worried about getting a bunch of 18-22 year-olds to see how Uncle Joe gets credit and to vote for an octogenarian who is old enough to remember segregation, but as long as they do then demographics will not favor the GOP any longer.

For the good of the party, I hope some of our fossilized Dems in Congress are convinced to retire in 2024, particularly in the Senate. Debbie Stabenow, I'm looking at you - you'll be 74 in 2024, it's time to hand over the reins. I can think of at least 3 MI women who should be in the running to take over her seat.
    You do? Cause they already did.

The youth isnt the problem...its the 35+ crowd that is underperforming.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Because that whole thing went so smoothly?

Sometimes the best leaders have to ruffle a few feathers. I applaud him for it.
    BUt it didn't accomplish anything but panic the people on the ground on how to protect them. It did nothing but drain resources.

THe afghanistan exit went as well as it possibly could have given the circumstances. Exits are ugly, always, always, always.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    If dxs projection is right and it ends up 218-217 I think we might see McCarthy go apoplectic because (and yes I do honestly mean this) I think Biden can get a non-Trumper Rep to switch sides on certain issues. It won't be anything major mind you but enough to continue to show how good he actually is at his job.

Also, a one seat majority will likely kill MTGs coming "IM GUNA IMPEACH DA BIDEN!!1@" act.
    Problem is they have to do the “IM GUNA IMPEACH DA BIDEN!!1@“ stuff or the Trumpy/Q members and their base are going to revolt.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It wasn't just that, remember that he was one of the dumbfucks who flew to Afghanistan without authorization durign the evacuation last year? This moron shouldn't be anywhere near a leadership position.
    Because that whole thing went so smoothly?

Sometimes the best leaders have to ruffle a few feathers. I applaud him for it.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    I'm with him on that. But not the way he went about it. Nancy's a baller.

But they do need to start integrating younger members in the lesser leadership positions, dare I say, to 'groom' them for the future. Enough of the Steny Hoyers also serving with her.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Moulton tripped out of the gate by trying to oust Pelosi as a rookie back bencher, and she punished him for it.

Hopefully, when Pelosi retires, if Moulton is still in Congress he can move forward again.
    That could be true. However, I believe he was and remains correct that there is “time for a new generation of leadership”. That moment, it was certainly a reasonable conversation to have.

Wasn’t Tim Ryan involved in that as well?
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 11-10-2022, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    All youth voters were the heroes. That is why '24 is going to be a bloodbath for the GOP based on demos. The youth are highly motivated and have been since '18.

It's time for the Dems to skew leadership younger and phase put the Olds. Not Biden, he obviously gets to choose but they need younger faces in charge!
    I'm a little worried about getting a bunch of 18-22 year-olds to see how Uncle Joe gets credit and to vote for an octogenarian who is old enough to remember segregation, but as long as they do then demographics will not favor the GOP any longer.

For the good of the party, I hope some of our fossilized Dems in Congress are convinced to retire in 2024, particularly in the Senate. Debbie Stabenow, I'm looking at you - you'll be 74 in 2024, it's time to hand over the reins. I can think of at least 3 MI women who should be in the running to take over her seat.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That's the neat part!

They stick with Trump. Trump will claim that the R system is rigged. In the process he will tick off DeSantis' people. If Dump wins the primary, DeSantis' people no-show. If Dump loses (better scenario), he runs as an indie, with every vote for him being someone who would otherwise vote R. If a state is even the SLIGHTEST bit purple, this hands it to D's.
    I know. Gonna be good times.

You know Dumpy can't just take a back seat and keep his fat mouth shut.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Boebert seems a little too peachy this morning. Finally tweeting again after radio silence once states besides Florida started reporting. Maybe her camp got word the remaining votes are looking in her favor.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Like I said, I think very few of us are equipped to handle it. We all came off the same conveyor belt. Certain speech acts are not permissible.

Young white females were always going to vote in huge numbers for Dems. But young white males did, also, when they could easily have followed middle aged and old white males into the clutches of the GOP.

Heroism is going above and beyond. We cannot be blind to what happened simply because of the wholly predictable unthinking backlash that will unleash. Once we realize that, and finally start responding to a changing reality with thought rather than predigested scripts, we will be able to actually deal with reality. In this instance, a reality which promises to save everyone.
    That may be, but I'm not about to heap too much praise on white men. There's still a lot of derp out there, and we've gotten our kudos over the centuries that we've been in charge of the western world.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    He has to run cause he figures that Garland won't go after him if he's running. Presidential Immunity BS. Garland is probably going to puss out on arresting him now that the election is over because of the run-off in Georgia. Which means Dump got another month reprieve.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Does the Roaring Fork valley have much of a permanent population nowadays?

I thought that was one of the first areas that cleared out the locals when the vacation economy moved towards it's current status in the late 90's.
    My impression is that if you aren't independently wealthy or can't get into subsidized resort employee housing, you're living in Glenwood Springs and taking the bus 40 miles up-valley into Aspen every workday. For awhile Carbondale was an affordable alternative, but now even that has its own downtown and pricey real estate for people who can't afford Aspen but want to be adjacent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X