Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

So ban military style weapons. Those are quite a bit different than a Semi-Auto Waterfowl gun... But the waterfowl gun is a "semi-auto" so it must be bad.

Or do you not know/understand the nuance of different hunting firearms when compared to military guns?
    You just don't get it do you.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And that is irrelevant. I've got shoot ups all over the United States using military style weapons that were banned until gun owners decided they needed them.

Ban them all.
    So ban military style weapons. Those are quite a bit different than a Semi-Auto Waterfowl gun... But the waterfowl gun is a "semi-auto" so it must be bad.

Or do you not know/understand the nuance of different hunting firearms when compared to military guns?

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

Ban all of what. all guns? or just your "military style " weapons?
    All of them. Until and If the gun community can prove it deserves them again. Which is not likely to happen. The gun owners I know are not responsible or worthy of the power they've been given.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Drew thinks we should ban them all.

Just so no family has to go through the tragedy of losing a loved one to gun violence. Not a single one.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    And that is irrelevant. I've got shoot ups all over the United States using military style weapons that were banned until gun owners decided they needed them.

Ban them all.
    Ban all of what. all guns? or just your "military style " weapons?

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Ban them all.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    "A few ammosexuals"?

You can try and downplay the issue if you want but all the evidence is on my side, not yours.
    What evidence do you have that I have broken any laws when it comes to guns?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    "A few ammosexuals"?

You can try and downplay the issue if you want but all the evidence is on my side, not yours.
    29% of gun owners own 5 or more firearms. So that 30% dictates everything?

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    "A few ammosexuals"?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

I'm one of the "ban guns" people. In my ideal world, we'd ban 95% of the guns in this country tomorrow, or make ammunition so expensive that Chris Rock's bit comes into play. That doesn't mean you, I'm assuming a responsible enough gun owner, are banned from owning one for your hunting needs. Nowhere, not even Japan, is devoid of guns. It's possible to acknowledge that the only way to really make a huge dent in gun violence in this country would be utilizing one or both of the aforementioned solutions, while accepting that this will not currently happen in the United States' political environment, so you take what you can get. Any reduction in gun violence, while potentially not statistically significant, is better than the insanely high rates we currently possess compared to other developed countries.
    See, this POV seems like you are open to (reasonable) negotiation. For example, I am more than willing to concede a hard capacity limit of 5+1 for long guns and 9+1 on handguns.

I was all for hunters and their guns. But, given their complete dereliction of duty and continued support of a criminal organization that poses as a political party and a criminal organization that poses as a gun safety organization I have changed my mind.

You don't deserve your guns. None of you do.
    But then you have this. This is what I'm talking about. Scooby wants to burn everything down just to get his way. There are Millions of responsible gun owners in this country. But you let a few Ammosexuals dictate stuff for everyone.

This is where conservatism (as a concept) has it's place.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    I was all for hunters and their guns. But, given their complete dereliction of duty and continued support of a criminal organization that poses as a political party and a criminal organization that poses as a gun safety organization I have changed my mind.

You don't deserve your guns. None of you do.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied

Not from the sampling on this board. DGF, MichVandal, and others have basically said "No Exceptions, PERIOD!". A gun is a gun. Ban them all. Too bad, so sad on your "traditions". Use a bow.

I've been attacked on this multiple times. I also see this reaction outside the board as well.
    I'm one of the "ban guns" people. In my ideal world, we'd ban 95% of the guns in this country tomorrow, or make ammunition so expensive that Chris Rock's bit comes into play. That doesn't mean you, I'm assuming a responsible enough gun owner, are banned from owning one for your hunting needs. Nowhere, not even Japan, is devoid of guns. It's possible to acknowledge that the only way to really make a huge dent in gun violence in this country would be utilizing one or both of the aforementioned solutions, while accepting that this will not currently happen in the United States' political environment, so you take what you can get. Any reduction in gun violence, while potentially not statistically significant, is better than the insanely high rates we currently possess compared to other developed countries.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Uh, most people on The Left have zero issue with people having guns for hunting. The issue is the type of gun. The VAST majority of Democrats want nothing to do with banning guns it is a very very very very small and loud minority.
    Not from the sampling on this board. DGF, MichVandal, and others have basically said "No Exceptions, PERIOD!". A gun is a gun. Ban them all. Too bad, so sad on your "traditions". Use a bow.

I've been attacked on this multiple times. I also see this reaction outside the board as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The right isn't useless.

Like Kepler said, by it's nature, it keeps stuff in check. By themselves, having a position with a POV from the "right" isn't something that is super toxic. My POV on how we should approach trans athletes at the high school level is one that comes to mind from the board here. Sometimes progress needs to be slightly delayed in order to make sure all the bases are covered.
    Although the point is that attitude is primarily borne of fear. I hope you realize that 75 years ago you would be having the same considered, conservative response to mixing the races in the locker room.

Moral panic is what occurs when old prejudices and taboos are eroded by the healthy effect of heterogeneity infiltrating a previously closed society. The traditional Muslim world reacts with terror and anger to women's rights. Conservatism, when useful, takes that terror and channels it into mostly harmless reactionary politics which slows down the adoption of inclusive mores in places where the old are deeply scared by it until they die off. Then their children tut tut about how hidebound their ancestors were... and do the same thing with the next moral panic.

Without a reasonable, watered-down conservative excuse for opposing liberation, backwards societies will become vicious and violent. This is what happened with the CSA, the Wahhabists, the Fascists, the Nazis, and now with the Dumpies. When you push animals into a corner they bare their teeth and come for your throat.

We need the GOP as a lullaby to allow these people to cling to their guns and Bibles until enough time passes, and enough demography runs down the drain, that the remaining population is much less homophobic, misogynist, racist, trans-phobic. In a word, less religious. The function of conservatism is to allow the worst people an assisted living facility to live out their last days in a fantasy world, so they don't bother the rest of us.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-11-2022, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

I get lumped into the current iteration of the "Right" because I lean towards allowing guns to exist (hunting, protection, etc. but need reform from the status quo.). But almost everyone who has left leaning tendencies basically says "fuck your guns" and refuses to acknowledge the depth hunting has as a cultural tradition in this country. That is kind of where I was going with this.

The polarization works on both ends. There is almost no more middle ground to be had and shared with things.
    Uh, most people on The Left have zero issue with people having guns for hunting. The issue is the type of gun. The VAST majority of Democrats want nothing to do with banning guns it is a very very very very small and loud minority.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X