Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Holy fuck, is that original?
    as far as I know. I don’t have Twitter or anything. I’m good at dumb dad jokes.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

shes in orange county and my understanding was she was redistricted to a relatively tough district. I could be wrong on that. Going strictly from vague memories of 2020.
    Yes that is what I have always read...

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

It wouldn't be as Speaker, it would be plum committee assignments and a lot of funding. But I can't imagine any R switching parties. And no Member would remain in their party after fucking over the leadership. You don't assassinate Caesar and then show up next morning in the Senate like nothing happened.
    They never would but it is totally possible Dems could cut a deal to keep a Dem as Speaker. Anyone can be Speaker if they have the votes even me or you.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Is CA13 Porter? I can't understand how that is tight she is one of the 4 or 5 most impressive Members in my eyes.

shes in orange county and my understanding was she was redistricted to a relatively tough district. I could be wrong on that. Going strictly from vague memories of 2020.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Is CA13 Porter? I can't understand how that is tight she is one of the 4 or 5 most impressive Members in my eyes.
    She’s CA47 I believe. Still too tight.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Maybe he really did have people keeping an ion the election.
    Holy fuck, is that original?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    AZ6 not looking as tough with the updates. CA13 is very very tight. CA22 is as tight but in favor of the R. CA41 is tighter yet. I think the house is well within play.'

I almost (ALMOST) don't want us to win the house. Easier to play from 1 behind than 1 ahead. Plus it gives the Dems a foil in 2024

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Just to clarify... if it's within a couple seats in the house, Dems could make a deal with a few R reps to vote one of them Speaker?
    It wouldn't be as Speaker, it would be plum committee assignments and a lot of funding. But I can't imagine any R switching parties. And no Member would remain in their party after fucking over the leadership. You don't assassinate Caesar and then show up next morning in the Senate like nothing happened.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I dunno. My only concern is they're still all scorpions.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yes. Very very very very unlikely but yes.

Leave a comment:

• cF[Authentic]
    replied
    Just to clarify... if it's within a couple seats in the house, Dems could make a deal with a few R reps to vote one of them Speaker?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post
    The most important issue of our time, other than perhaps the democratic process itself, is climate change. On that, Manchin is R and can be expected to stay R.
    And after 2024, his successor will be hard R. Same for Brown in Ohio, he's toast.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    The most important issue of our time, other than perhaps the democratic process itself, is climate change. On that, Manchin is R and can be expected to stay R.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Dx,

I said the same thing about the house. 218-217 would be a great spot for the Dems.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    The R's having a 1-3 seat majority might be best case since the only reason it wasn't called for the Democrats already was New York, and I doubt those guys will easily get along with MTG, Gaetz etc. if they want to be reelected in 2024.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X