Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 MidTerms & State races- who ya got?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

    Now it's at 53-47. That's an R+17 district IIRC
    First time I can recall that the Dem actually won Lancaster County (Lincoln). It normally swings blue for presidential races but that's about it.

    Some of it also is likely the shift of district lines in Sarpy County (Omaha suburb) - they took some of the bluer parts out of Omaha's district and moved it here to try to keep NE-2 red and win back the associated electoral vote.

    Having said that, still represents a shift left by at least 5 points, possibly more.

    Comment


    • One thing, I was wrong. It was a Trump +11 in 2020. Either way. You're right uno, this is a shift of around +5, not noise. Well, it's a shift for now.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • 5 actually is noise, though. Districts wander.

        I want to see a huge shift as women abandon the Nazi party in droves, but I find it difficult to believe any woman with a brain has not already. The evidence is that white nationalism and Christofascism are both quite popular among white women, particular among the uneducated. Why would they suddenly realize the GOP wants them to be baby machines, when the GOP has screamed that at the top of its lungs for the last fifty years. Half of women, at going rates, aren't stupid, why would they not have punished them for their neofascism decades ago?
        Last edited by Kepler; 06-29-2022, 02:08 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          5 actually is noise, though. Districts wander.


          (Edit: I accidentally skipped 2006. It was 58.6 - 41.64.
          I didn't include 2002 because it was R vs. Libertarian)
          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-29-2022, 02:32 PM.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post



            (Edit: I accidentally skipped 2006. It was 58.6 - 41.64.
            I didn't include 2002 because it was R vs. Libertarian)
            Just guessing based on your graph but it looks like the D candidate outperformed Obama’s 2008 numbers?
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Just guessing based on your graph but it looks like the D candidate outperformed Obama’s 2008 numbers?
              Yes, but worth noting that in 2013, from my understanding, the district was redrawn. So take everything left of the line with a grain of salt. THey're real numbers, but I'm not sure how direclty they're comparable.

              But it's worth noting that Lancaster County went 52.7-44.9 Biden, 46-46 Tie b/t Clinton/Trump, 49.7-48.7 Romney, 52.5-47.4 McCain

              it made up something like half the votes in NE-01 special.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-29-2022, 04:29 PM.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                Yes, but worth noting that in 2013, from my understanding, the district was redrawn. So take everything left of the line with a grain of salt. THey're real numbers, but I'm not sure how direclty they're comparable.

                But it's worth noting that Lancaster County went 52.7-44.9 Biden, 46-46 Tie b/t Clinton/Trump, 49.7-48.7 Romney, 52.5-47.4 McCain

                it made up something like half the votes in NE-01 special.
                Makes sense. Omaha (Douglas County) is basically its own district, with just a small portion of Sarpy County included. Lincoln is roughly half the size of Omaha.

                I assume Lincoln + the rest of Sarpy County make up 60-70% of the voters in the district.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by unofan View Post

                  Makes sense. Omaha (Douglas County) is basically its own district, with just a small portion of Sarpy County included. Lincoln is roughly half the size of Omaha.

                  I assume Lincoln + the rest of Sarpy County make up 60-70% of the voters in the district.
                  Totally missed Sarpy. THought it was an extension of Cass.

                  Sarpy was 14k total, Lancaster was 69,500. Total overall NE-01 was 112,900 for 73% and change

                  Sarpy went 52.7-47.3 in favor of the GOP
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • I might be bad but the Republicans are worse is a tough sell https://www.boston.com/news/politics...p_featurestack
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I might be bad but the Republicans are worse is a tough sell https://www.boston.com/news/politics...p_featurestack
                      I would proudly proclaim that the country is on the wrong track, what with SCOTUS taking control of women's bodies, allowing establishment of religion, and allowing unfettered access to weapons designed for killing humans. The nation is so far down the wrong track that certifiably insane people like MTG and Lauren Bobblehead can be elected to Congress. Congress can steal SCOTUS seats at will. Political and racial gerrymandering are now fine, affirmative action is about to die, and social security payments will soon be paid in an equivalent value of bootstraps.

                      Hell yes this country is headed in the wrong direction - but not one iota of that is the Democrats' fault and this opinion in no way makes the Democrats a "tough sell."
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                      Comment


                      • Please don’t quote the troll, many of us have him blocked for a reason

                        Comment


                        • Speaking of Bobblehead, I saw she said in a speech yesterday that churches should direct the government.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Speaking of Bobblehead, I saw she said in a speech yesterday that churches should direct the government.
                            Separation of church and state was only in a stinkin letter

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              The nation is so far down the wrong track that certifiably insane people like MTG and Lauren Bobblehead can be elected to Congress. "
                              When you put it like that it makes perfect sense.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Speaking of Bobblehead, I saw she said in a speech yesterday that churches should direct the government.
                                Yep...

                                Actually thinking about it, religion seems to be a decent way to carve a few more votes away from the R's. Put an emphasis on the religious aspect. I'm sure there are a decent number of non-church folk that vote R outside of the Southeast. Not that it's an instant kill, but every vote counts.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X