SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Everyone capable of waking up has. Nobody else is going to wake up.

The rest aren't asleep. They want this. They have always hated democracy and rule of law. They believe in their iron age superstitions and rule at gunpoint. They want to hurt anyone who is different.
    I already know the right isn't sleeping. The people who want fascism and authoritarianism are awake and wanting this to happen.

It's not enough to elect a couple more democratic senators or governors, or keep the house barely in control of the democratic party. That will simply allow the forces aligned to turn us into Nazi Germany time to regroup, and adjust their tactics yet again. We already know that at least a third and maybe as much as nearly half of this country is the enemy. But too many who are voting on the right side (if they bother to vote) do not yet see how close to the brink we are. Those are the ones we need to shake up.

Comment

• Ketanji brown Jackson is now in session.

voting rights case is heard today

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Ketanji brown Jackson is now in session.

voting rights case is heard today
        This says all I need to know about the case and how it is going.

Alito wants to say that the racism in Alabama's map is just an accident based on where people live. And, you'll note, he makes this argument directly *after* Jackson went in on the systemic racism inherent in where people live.
        The Court is lost for the next 50 years. If I am Jackson I am proud I made it all the way here but I also know I am going to be doing nothing but writing dissents and being in the minority while I'm there.

https://***********/ElieNYC/status/1577303975778451456
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-04-2022, 09:33 AM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Sotomayor is asking why Alabama never splits up majority white districts, but always splits up majority black districts.
          https://***********/ElieNYC/status/1577305559916765186
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• This guy is on the Supreme Court.

Alito: What if black people didn't exist
            https://***********/ElieNYC/status/1577315533791404038

Comment

• Why are they even hearing the case, we all know they are going to rule based on the immediate political interest of the Republican party.

There is absolutely no Constitutional reason we can't add 60 Leftist judges tonight. Just do it. The alternative is unthinkable for humanity.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                What if conservatives didn’t exist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  What if conservatives didn’t exist?
                  The "tweeter" of that line is basically writing it as his interpretation of what Alito is saying. Which means it's not accurate, but it is accurate. I'd like it if conservatives as currently defined did not exist.

Comment

• Coming soon to SCOTUS: Who gives a sh** about the wetlands; it's not like that water finds its way to rivers, lakes, or oceans, ever, right?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Rich people do not care about water that sustains humanity. They only care about the water next to their home.

Comment

Rich people do not care about water that sustains humanity. They only care about the water next to their home.
                        To be fair, this is true of everyone except a handful of overeducated Climate Heads. Bolsanaro is burning the rainforests because millions of middle class and poor voters care more about 'er jerbs. Amazon is destroying the planet because all 9 billion of us have to get our crocs a day earlier.

It's just most irksome with the rich because they hoard the resources that could help others protect their sh-t.

Don't kill the rich because they're worse than we.

Kill them because they're the same.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-05-2022, 09:01 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

To be fair, this is true of everyone except a handful of overeducated Climate Heads.

It's just most irksome with the rich because they hoard the resources that could help others protect their sh-t.
                          I care and I am not an "overeducated Climate Head".

Comment

I care and I am not an "overeducated Climate Head".
                            Of course you are. You and I fell off the same turnip truck. Not all education comes from Farts Marble U.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Good stuff
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                The Onion is from God. Imagine how cool it would have been to be a student on staff when it first opened in Madison.

Comment

Working...
                                X