Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boorish behaviour is rewarded in America, or did you miss the 45th President or the 2022 midterm polling?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Frankly, if your religious beliefs are strong enough to interfere with your professionalism, then maybe you shouldn't become a pharmacist, a physician, or really any healthcare role where your beliefs may clash with putting patient care first. However, I do realize that this is not as cut and dried as, say, a vegan not making a great butcher or cheesemonger. A devout Xtian could still perform most of the job duties and responsibilities of a pharmacist or physician without their beliefs on artificial contraception and life at conception being an issue.

IIRC, here in the Midwest, Meijer stores have a policy that their pharmacists can refuse to fill a Rx that goes against their religious beliefs. However, they are required to hand it off to another pharmacist without such objections, or inform the patient and to transfer the Rx to another pharmacy who will fill it. I believe there was a wrongful termination lawsuit here in Michigan not too long ago which the former employee lost due to his failure to follow through on the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

See that's what you don't get. It literally has nothing to do with Kavanaugh. The question is whether you want to live in a society where any person can be publicly harassed while eating dinner with friends or family at a public restaurant. I prefer not, but that's just me.

There is literally no chance that I will find myself in a position where I am the victim of that type of public harassment. But I don't want to see that behavior for the restaurant owner and employees, for the other patrons in the restaurant, for the subject of the harassment, or society in general. I think it's boorish, unintelligent, unprofessional, bad mannered behavior.

But I'm old. You guys apparently want to live in that world, and you're likely going to be around a lot longer than I will be, so good luck.
        Does your world have a First Amendment that no longer exists or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

??

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            You guys apparently want to live in that world.
            No, we don't. But just as I don't begrudge the Cubs using a DH even though it's an abomination because they'd be stupid not to, I don't begrudge protesters using their full repertoire when lesser steps didn't work. Is prefer neither be necessary, but then we don't live in a perfect world.

Also, to be clear, my understanding is that Kavanaugh wasn't harassed. The protesters were out front, forcing him to leave through the back. They weren't inside the actual restaurant, and he was able to finish his meal.

Comment

Hovey lives in a world where he believes boorish, unintelligent, unprofessional, bad mannered behavior should neither be encouraged nor rewarded. He believes there's a correct time and place for everything, like protest SCOTUS rulings at SCOTUS. Me? I just see it as "new rules".

Under the new rules it'd be fair to follow those Morton's protestors home and give them something to listen to: Christian rock singing about being happy should work.

New rules.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And the police have the right to shoot you down while you sing your ****ty music. New rules.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  And the police have the right to shoot you down while you sing your ****ty music. New rules.
                  **** it then. New holiday. The purge. 24 hrs. Let's go.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

**** it then. New holiday. The purge. 24 hrs. Let's go.
                    Life does indeed imitate art.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Hovey lives in a world where he believes boorish, unintelligent, unprofessional, bad mannered behavior should neither be encouraged nor rewarded.
                      That leaves you out, then.

Comment

• Sic, who said anything about rewarding or encouraging the behavior? We’re talking whether it’s legal. It is. Comes even before the 2nd Amendment. What you’re suggesting is currently not legal, unless of course you are suggesting you want the law expanded into providing meth heads the right to show up at your house and protest your disdain for them. I doubt very much Hovey wants that.
                        Sounds a lot like whining to me since it’s perfectly legal. So, shut the **** up and do something about it.

Comment

And the police have the right to shoot you down while you sing your ****ty music. New rules.
                          The First Amendment used outside Morton's also allows for the music to play/sing outside a protestor's house, or place of work, or business they frequent. I learned this because of what's happened to SCOTUS (protests outside SCOTUS, outside their private residences, and at Morton's as an example of a business frequented). New rules, but I didn't make them, I just observed them.
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-11-2022, 10:50 AM.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

No one should ever disrupt. Blacks wanting to be treated equal and women wanting to vote should have been handled with politeness.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Also, to be clear, my understanding is that Kavanaugh wasn't harassed. The protesters were out front, forcing him to leave through the back. They weren't inside the actual restaurant, and he was able to finish his meal.
                              If this is the case I'm not uncomfortable about what happened in this specific instance at all.

Comment

Shooting white people? Lord heavens, we’re not talking a paradigm shift of that magnitude for the world we want to live in on here, are we?

Comment

Working...
                                X