No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you make a credible threat to someone's life like they did with abortion, you get a free pass in my mind to never let them have a peaceful day until they reverse the ruling.

you don't get to put someone's life in jeopardy without consequences
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I guess I'll be the contrarian today but I don't agree with harassing people in public. I wouldn't like it if it happened to a Democrat, and yes I fully realize there haven't been any liberal passed agendas that have been anywhere near as egregious or dangerous. Still...
      Sure didn't stop them from letting abortion workers be stalked and harassed for "1st amendment rights."

They can suck it up and deal.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I guess I'll be the contrarian today but I don't agree with harassing people in public. I wouldn't like it if it happened to a Democrat, and yes I fully realize there haven't been any liberal passed agendas that have been anywhere near as egregious or dangerous. Still...
        Women have been getting harassed for years walking to get a Pap smear. Once again, men can’t deal with what women have been putting up with for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Women have been getting harassed for years walking to get a Pap smear. Once again, men can’t deal with what women have been putting up with for years.
          So let's act like the mouth-breathers? You think that kind of behavior doesn't **** me off? I abhor it because it's despicable - no matter who does it.

Comment

So let's act like the mouth-breathers? You think that kind of behavior doesn't **** me off? I abhor it because it's despicable - no matter who does it.
            It’s been protected behavior.

taking the high road has gotten us where?? Maybe because none of your rights have disappeared you still want to pretend being nicer helps.

im done. So yeah, ruin his ****ing dinner with peaceful protest- I really don’t care. A peaceful protest isn’t a “mouth breather” and you know that

Comment

• We're beyond the point of taking high roads. No more Mr./Ms./Mx. nice Dem. The only rules should be no bodily harm and no threatening family.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                We're beyond the point of taking high roads. No more Mr./Ms./Mx. nice Dem. The only rules should be no bodily harm and no threatening family.
                "Power only steps back in the face of more power."- Malcolm X
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

It’s been protected behavior.

taking the high road has gotten us where?? Maybe because none of your rights have disappeared you still want to pretend being nicer helps.

im done. So yeah, ruin his ****ing dinner with peaceful protest- I really don’t care. A peaceful protest isn’t a “mouth breather” and you know that
                  I'm fine with peaceful protests in general.

Comment

Abiding by unwritten rules is the reason Dems are getting their asses handed to them by the GQP. Stay within the law, but start to do more than hoping the other side will come to their senses.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

Abiding by unwritten rules is the reason Dems are getting their asses handed to them by the GQP. Stay within the law, but start to do more than hoping the other side will come to their senses.
                      Hell, break the law if they're bad laws. Like you can't protest at a judge's house? **** that. Get a bullhorn and a ticket.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm fine with peaceful protests in general.
                        Just not when the person that is being protested is out in public?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm torn. On one hand I think harassing people when they're just trying to eat (or sleep, or grocery shop) is generally wrong. On the other hand, the Court had no problem striking down most restrictions on abortion-related protests, so it seems hypocritical of them to care now that the protests are happening to them. Especially when they are public figures while women and abortion doctors are not.

I guess I view this as the chickens coming home to roost more than anything, so I'm far less sympathetic to them.

Edit: put another way, if they want to act like a political branch then they should expect to be treated as such. If they want to remain the relatively anonymous people in black robes, then they need to act like judges rather than politicians.
                          Last edited by unofan; 07-09-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I'm torn. On one hand I think harassing people when they're just trying to eat (or sleep, or grocery shop) is generally wrong. On the other hand, the Court had no problem striking down most restrictions on abortion-related protests, so it seems hypocritical of them to care now that the protests are happening to them. Especially when they are public figures while women and abortion doctors are not.

I guess I view this as the chickens coming home to roost more than anything, so I'm far less sympathetic to them.

Edit: put another way, if they want to act like a political branch then they should expect to be treated as such. If they want to remain the relatively anonymous people in black robes, then they need to act like judges rather than politicians.
                            Nailed it.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Just not when the person that is being protested is out in public?
                              Public gatherings are fine. Protesting where they work go for it. ****ing sue me I guess if I'm simply less comfortable with people being followed around as they go about their daily lives. Trust me I get why people are doing it and I 100% support and agree with why. I dunno.

Comment

Public gatherings are fine. Protesting where they work go for it. ****ing sue me I guess if I'm simply less comfortable with people being followed around as they go about their daily lives. Trust me I get why people are doing it and I 100% support and agree with why. I dunno.
                                Putting yourself in the public prolly puts yourself in play.
                                if you don’t want to serve the public as such, stay in a private firm.

mookie’s take (for mookie, slap can certainly differ and that’s cool).
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X