This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    We're still waiting for them to dismantle the EPA entirely correct? That case hasn't come down yet?
    Correct.

when states do away with osha I’m sure they’ll easily fill all their meat packing jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      So conservatives are pro-kneeling-on-a-football-field now?
      Yeah, it's ironic. But, you have to have the right kneel. Christian Praying Kneel? Good. Muslim Praying Kneel? Bad. Black Protest Kneel. Bad.

It's all about context.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Correct.

when states do away with osha I’m sure they’ll easily fill all their meat packing jobs
        How far away is forced labor in this country? Maybe five or 10 years?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Sweet. Maybe docs can figure out how to prescribe abortion inducing drug for something else.
          Cletus get Ivermectin, women get abortion by pill.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

How far away is forced labor in this country? Maybe five or 10 years?
            I mean, it's kinda here now.

Kepler's made this point for a long time. In 500 years we're going to look back at how we worked today as involuntary servitude. Your employer is basically entitled to a third of your day, plus commute, and in exchange you get to sleep and live your life in the remaining 2/3. Otherwise, you starve.

May seem reasonable today, but in 500 years, not so much perhaps.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Since we know it will open the barn doors….I look forward to someone doing Muslim call to prayer at public school
              I'd suggest they ought to test it out down in Dearborn, but I know currently The Adhan is broadcast five times a day across the whole city from the top of the American Muslim Center mosque there. So it would be redundant for someone to do it in a public school in that area.

They need to try it in a majority white, well-to-do Oakland County school district that has some Muslim students and see how quickly it lands in court. Almost overnight, I'd bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'd suggest they ought to test it out down in Dearborn, but I know currently The Adhan is broadcast five times a day across the whole city from the top of the American Muslim Center mosque there. So it would be redundant for someone to do it in a public school in that area.

They need to try it in a majority white, well-to-do Oakland County school district that has some Muslim students and see how quickly it lands in court. Almost overnight, I'd bet.
                This case is the epitome of what happens when you have multiple dumb people making dumb decisions and you end up at the SCOTUS.

The coach is an idiot. Praying to some god after a football game is proof of that, but if he feels the need to pray, go do it at home. I have some news for him. There is no god, and if there is, he isn't interested in Washington high school football. And if he is interested in Washington high school football, really what sort of a god is he? But he probably knows that, and also probably knows someone will get butthurt by him praying, so he does it.

But that gets us to idiot #2, the person who got butthurt over people praying in the middle of the field after a game. You are absolutely correct that if it was a muslim coach or player who trotted out a prayer rug to the fifty yard line, it would be an entirely different group of butthurt individuals. But they are still idiots, regardless of which group they fall in. WHO ****ING CARES IF THEY ARE PRAYING ON THE FIELD AFTER THE GAME.

I have an idea for you. Do what I do. Ignore them. Try to remember where you parked your car and start walking to it. If you're the school, turn off the stadium lights.

But then we get to idiot group #3, the school (or probably their lawyers). In this case the school claimed they had to take the action they did over fear they would be sued for "establishing" a religion. I have some news for you. Yes, it's theoretically possible someone might sue you for establishing a religion, but good luck. First, they should understand that in today's judicial climate, it isn't going to be a successful suit. Second, did the school assume that the fired coach wouldn't sue?? My guess is that thousands of cases are filed every year by fired employees, alleging discrimination on the basis of sex, age, disability, and yes, religion. Plus, when you add in a public employer and make the case about the employee's speech, you doubled down. Yes, the school may have been theoretically sued by someone wanting to keep prayer off the field, but they were nearly certain to be sued by a terminated employee.

The Supreme Court doesn't get to decide any cases that aren't brought before it. I blame the school and their attorneys for this fiasco.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  WHO ****ING CARES IF THEY ARE PRAYING ON THE FIELD AFTER THE GAME.
                  These guys?

Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

These guys?

What if he showed up at 2 in the morning and prayed on the field? Or what if he walks into the middle of a public park and starts praying? I don't care if he does. I'm not going to waste my time with him.

Why do you care? Isn't that kind of the whole point? If he wants to waste his time praying, let him do it.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

What if he showed up at 2 in the morning and prayed on the field? Or what if he walks into the middle of a public park and starts praying? I don't care if he does. I'm not going to waste my time with him.

Why do you care? Isn't that kind of the whole point? If he wants to waste his time praying, let him do it.
                      The point is that his players may feel coerced into participating in a religious display not in keeping with their own heartfelt beliefs, just to remain in the coach's good graces and get their playing time or whatever. If the coach does it by himself (at 2 am or in a public park), that coercion element is removed and there's no issue (in my mind).
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

What if he showed up at 2 in the morning and prayed on the field? Or what if he walks into the middle of a public park and starts praying?
                        Was this case about either of those two specific actions?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

The point is that his players may feel coerced into participating in a religious display not in keeping with their own heartfelt beliefs, just to remain in the coach's good graces and get their playing time or whatever. If the coach does it by himself (at 2 am or in a public park), that coercion element is removed and there's no issue (in my mind).
                          No no no! He has to pray in front of everyone else to prove his virtue!

Comment

What if he showed up at 2 in the morning and prayed on the field?
                            He did, and no one cared. The school specifically allowed him to do so alone.

Here's the issue, do you really think a player would be free to ignore the coach initiating a "private" prayer immediately after the game while the opponents are joining in and everyone is still in uniform? Do you think he would feel compelled to participate under fear of losing playing time or the good graces of the coach? Then that's an establishment of religion in violation of the 1st Amendment, not a private prayer among individuals.

Now it sounds like the school got a crappy attorney at the trial level that didn't preserve a lot of those kinds of arguments. But a reasonable Court wouldn't have taken this case on cert if that was truly the only defect. They took it because they wanted to continue to expand a singular religion's ability to be both a sword and a shield.

Comment

• No one gives a **** if he prays alone on a field without his team.

now, why do republicans care so much about what a woman 9 states away is doing with her body?

Comment

No one gives a **** if he prays alone on a field without his team.

now, why do republicans care so much about what a woman 9 states away is doing with her body?
                                Well, it's not really her body so much as it is their control over her vagina.

More specifically, it's about what goes into her vagina than it is what comes out.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X