Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright. Someone talk me down. There's some talk that the conservative justices are looking at embracing Non-Delegation. Essentially, if Congress didn't create the agency, it ceases to exist.

There are still some big rulings outstanding, including an EPA ruling, which, is an agency that could be dissolved (if I heard correctly).

Will there even be a federal government to celebrate the 250th birth of our nation.... or even the 246th?
    Last edited by aparch; 06-25-2022, 11:03 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Alright. Someone talk me down. There's some talk that the conservative justices are looking at embracing Non-Delegation. Essentially, if Congress didn't create the agency, it ceases to exist.

There are still some big rulings outstanding, including an EPA ruling, which, is an agency that could be dissolved (if I heard correctly).

Will there even be a federal government to celebrate the 250th birth of our nation.... or even the 246th?
      I’ve been talking about the epa case for a while. I think next week is when I lose all hope.

From what I understand, yes this will be used to get rid of regulations.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
        Not that anyone gives a ****, but my wife, someone who, up until Trump, didn’t give two ****s about politics, is now a lifelong Democrat. I haven’t seen her so upset about something since her mom died five years ago. Basically said she felt like the Supreme Court told her she was a piece of sh-t who didn’t ****ing matter.

Drew, if my wife gets ****ed off about this kind of sh-t, you know the fundraisers aren’t for you, hon.
        My wife has been a lifelong republican; she’s been the single-issue voter. Between the GOP’s stance on guns, discussions with me (a former GOP voter from many years ago), and now working for a liberal Catholic school after having been bathed in conservative Catholic circles since birth, she’s starting to understand the issues with the 100% anti-abortion stance, and seeing a lack of support for both children’s welfare via financial support for those in need and having to partake in active shooter drills, she’s likely voting Democratic in the coming elections. I hate to say it, but my outward support is underpinned with an internal it’s about ****ing time response.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Alright. Someone talk me down. There's some talk that the conservative justices are looking at embracing Non-Delegation. Essentially, if Congress didn't create the agency, it ceases to exist.

I want to talk you off the ledge...but nothing is safe anymore. Even optimists I know admit that we are beyond the slippery slope now. These ****wits are going to burn it all down in the name of a God who believes none of what they stand for and we can't stop it.

Outside of 2a nothing is off the table anymore. And ****wits like Hovey can say we are clutching at pearls but he can choke on it. Nothing can stop what's coming.

Even if the Court waits...come the midterms its game over. Even if there is a Blue Wave somehow the elections will be challenged and conspiracy theories and crackpots in power will stop it. It's gonna get ugly.

Just like every democracy in history...our government will dissolve before we hit 250. We are playing a game that is decided except the clock is still running. We get to watch the horror in slow motion.

**** I hate being right...all we can do is go down swinging.
          Last edited by Handyman; 06-26-2022, 12:44 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.theonion.com/anti-aborti...ham-1849106094
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Aparch, you’re not a bidmess owner. You know, the back rock of the entire economy.

you don’t know the pain of having to follow osha rules, of having to dispose of poisoned chemicals properly, of having to maintain safe environment for your workers.

repulicans are just looking out for them.

also, coming soon, drilling in your national park! At least maybe that will trigger the Yellowstone super volcano to blow a little sooner. Any day now

Comment

• Yes. It was always about states rights

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...IOwk&fs=e&s=cl

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  My wife has been a lifelong republican; she’s been the single-issue voter. Between the GOP’s stance on guns, discussions with me (a former GOP voter from many years ago), and now working for a liberal Catholic school after having been bathed in conservative Catholic circles since birth, she’s starting to understand the issues with the 100% anti-abortion stance, and seeing a lack of support for both children’s welfare via financial support for those in need and having to partake in active shooter drills, she’s likely voting Democratic in the coming elections. I hate to say it, but my outward support is underpinned with an internal it’s about ****ing time response.
                  the things that go unsaid in a marriage
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

the things that go unsaid in a marriage
                    This would be too much for me. I have to respect my spouse. They could not be a Republican.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This would be too much for me. I have to respect my spouse. They could not be a Republican.
                      Spouse? I wouldn’t even hate **** a republican. If I want poison in my body I’ll smoke a cigarette

Comment

• We always knew, but NOW we truly understand.

Miller: President Trump… I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday
                        https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1540852015693037568
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I swear Scooby has me blocked ;^)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I swear Scooby has me blocked ;^)
                            NEVER. I was camping this weekend so I may be behind. Sorry.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Spouse? I wouldn’t even hate **** a republican. If I want poison in my body I’ll smoke a cigarette
                              It goes without saying that no woman with any self-esteem ****s a Republican with consent.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It goes without saying that no woman with any self-esteem ****s a Republican with consent.
                                The Republicans like it better that way anyways.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X