SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/31/polit...rds/index.html

Exclusive: Supreme Court leak investigation heats up as clerks are asked for phone records in unprecedented move
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• "We couldn't find any evidence of leaks. All we found were detailed blueprints of the capitol and how to build a guillotine sent on January 5th from Justice Thomas's clerks, so nothing interesting there."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• This is astonishing

Supreme CourtÃ? officials are escalating their search for the source of the leaked draft opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade, taking steps to require law clerks to provide cell phone records and sign affidavits, three sources with knowledge of the efforts have told CNN.

Some clerks are apparently so alarmed over the moves, particularly the sudden requests for private cell data, that they have begun exploring whether to hire outside counsel.
        Like... you think you can win that? Unless you've got 60 senators, the SCOTUS can do whatever the **** it wants to. So, good luck with that. I feel for you, I really do. Because it can't be easy to tell your gateway to a career to pound sand.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          This is astonishing

Like... you think you can win that? Unless you've got 60 senators, the SCOTUS can do whatever the **** it wants to. So, good luck with that. I feel for you, I really do. Because it can't be easy to tell your gateway to a career to pound sand.
          The clerks should band together and refuse to do it collectively. Given that half of them are younger Ted Cruzes, though, good luck winning that game of prisoner's dilemma.

It will be interesting to see if any justices stand up for their clerks, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            This is astonishing

I think the call is coming from inside the house, and the righty puppets on the court are doing this witch hunt. They want their crimes covered until the last moment.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Lotta federalist society clerks not wanting those calls to 1-900-gay-**** to become public.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• From a piece in Rolling Stone:

Two former senior Trump White House officials tell Rolling Stone that the pro-choice Collins wasn’t even considered a serious threat to the devoutly conservative Kavanaugh. Instead, the team predicted she’d need only a vague assurance that the nominee would uphold the half-century-old ruling defending abortion rights.

And they were right.

“The thinking from Trump … and everybody else who worked to make this happen was that, as long as his nominees didn’t say anything stupid [on abortion] and let the Susan Collins-es of the world think what they needed to think and hear what they needed to hear, then it would get done,” said one of the ex-officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the team’s hearing preparations.

Some administration officials who worked on the Kavanaugh confirmation privately mocked Collins and her public posturing over Roe, the sources recalled, often with crass language such as calling her a “cheap date.

Should surprise noone not named Drew.

Comment

• Maybe if it was anyone but Rolling Stone reporting it I would buy it...they suck and have since about 2008.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Maybe if it was anyone but Rolling Stone reporting it I would buy it...they suck and have since about 2008.
                    True enough, except that it makes sense.

Comment

• When Gov. Ron DeSantis slashed $3 billion from the state’s budget Thursday, one ill-fated item sounded familiar: Just as he did last year, DeSantis vetoed $2 million meant to help low-income people access long-acting birth control.

It was again Senate President Wilton Simpson, a Pasco County Republican, who included it in the $110 billion budget. Unlike last year, though, this veto landed amid a national reckoning on reproductive rights. It came weeks after a leaked Supreme Court opinion suggested the Court will overturn Roe v. Wade, and less than a month before Florida’s new 15-week abortion ban goes into effect.

Stephanie Fraim, the president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida — which includes the organization’s Tampa Bay-area clinics — questioned the rationale for the veto.
                      Related: DeSantis cuts GOP priorities as he approves $110B budget

“Funding for this sensible investment in the health of our communities enjoys rare bipartisan support,” she said in an emailed statement. “And, thanks to President Biden, the Legislature was able to pass a balanced budget with plenty of money left in reserves. To take away health care from vulnerable people is just another example of his ongoing cruelty to Floridians.”

DeSantis spokesperson Christina Pushaw didn’t respond to requests for comment.
                      https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...funding-again/

No Birth Control. No Abortion. Sounds like a great Governor.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...funding-again/

No Birth Control. No Abortion. Sounds like a great Governor.
                        Birth control happens in a few years when they’re gunned down in school

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Birth control happens in a few years when they’re gunned down in school
                          Good plan. The gun manufacturer's are very happy with their sales right now.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Good plan. The gun manufacturer's are very happy with their sales right now.
                            That is cause every rube like Drew thinks the Dems are coming for their guns cause scary White Person on TV told them so!!!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Someone armed with a handgun was arrested at Kavanaugh's house. Relax. The gun is fine.

It is regrettable, but it just goes to show how angry people are at Kavanaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Someone armed with a handgun was arrested at Kavanaugh's house. Relax. The gun is fine.

It is regrettable, but it just goes to show how angry people are at Kavanaugh.
                                No matter who does this kind of stuff it should be called out as unnecessary. People are angry everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X