No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's interesting to me that there is an alternative bill being forwarded by Manchin and Collins and Murkowski. Why is this interesting? Because Manchin (for example) did his own voting rights bill. You know, he was going to write it to make sure it got to the 60 vote threshold. How many votes did it get from Republicans? Zero. How many Republicans are going to join these three clowns? I guarantee it's not 60. You know your country is boned when the centrists won't compromise and just vote with the side that has the logic and the most votes so something can get done. Instead, they demand everyone compromise with them AND nothing gets done.

They just hate women, ay? I suppose that's true. But, I think they really like the women they have under their spell. The majority of white women. The ones that have no problem serving their masters.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yeah, I'm not sure why Congress has failed to act on this problem. This is a major, major problem. But, it just goes to show you. Republicans care about cells, they do not give a **** about kids.
      What exactly did you expect Congress to do about this? Just snap their fingers and make it go away?

Baby formula has only a handful of manufacturers, primarily because it is a very regulated process. It's not like monitoring the food safety of hams or something. Baby formula is pretty much the baby's primary source of nutrition, so it has to be done precisely right.

All companies and manufacturers are suffering from supply chain issues right now, primarily due to the coupling of the pandemic and the aging out of workers in this country. We were going to be short workers anyway, with or without Covid, and the pandemic only exacerbated this.

Then, on top of that you add to the mix the problem that one of the major manufacturers had to be shut down for reasons related to the safety of the formula it was producing. I'm not sure we want Congress to just ignore those problems and tell the manufacturer to keep cooking.

We don't import a bunch of formula because of our strict standards. I don't know that I'm in favor of them just giving a pass on those, at least not if I had a baby I was feeding.

Then, to top it all off, the media comes out and raises the alarm about possible shortages of formula, which of course causes what? Yep, people hoarding formula.

Did you know that more formula was produced in this country in April than had been produced in the month prior to the closing of the major manufacturer? What does that tell you? It tells you people are hoarding it, again exacerbating the shortage. So Congress should do what, exactly, pass an anti-hoarding law?

I guess I'll wait to hear your solution.
      Last edited by SJHovey; 05-11-2022, 02:51 PM.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• That's great. There's always a narrative for doing nothing. Meanwhile we have mothers out there who are rationing their kids food. That's perfect.
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-11-2022, 03:01 PM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's interesting to me that there is an alternative bill being forwarded by Manchin and Collins and Murkowski. Why is this interesting? Because Manchin (for example) did his own voting rights bill. You know, he was going to write it to make sure it got to the 60 vote threshold. How many votes did it get from Republicans? Zero. How many Republicans are going to join these three clowns? I guarantee it's not 60. You know your country is boned when the centrists won't compromise and just vote with the side that has the logic and the most votes so something can get done. Instead, they demand everyone compromise with them AND nothing gets done.

They just hate women, ay? I suppose that's true. But, I think they really like the women they have under their spell. The majority of white women. The ones that have no problem serving their masters.
          Yeah, Manchin's a real influencer. The Repub candidate he was backing in the WV primary got trounced by Trump's pick.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

It's interesting to me that there is an alternative bill being forwarded by Manchin and Collins and Murkowski. Why is this interesting? Because Manchin (for example) did his own voting rights bill. You know, he was going to write it to make sure it got to the 60 vote threshold. How many votes did it get from Republicans? Zero. How many Republicans are going to join these three clowns? I guarantee it's not 60. You know your country is boned when the centrists won't compromise and just vote with the side that has the logic and the most votes so something can get done. Instead, they demand everyone compromise with them AND nothing gets done.

No, they hate them too. But they tolerate them, because they're so subservient.

And once in a while, they even put out for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

What exactly did you expect Congress to do about this? Just snap their fingers and make it go away?

Baby formula has only a handful of manufacturers, primarily because it is a very regulated process. It's not like monitoring the food safety of hams or something. Baby formula is pretty much the baby's primary source of nutrition, so it has to be done precisely right.

All companies and manufacturers are suffering from supply chain issues right now, primarily due to the coupling of the pandemic and the aging out of workers in this country. We were going to be short workers anyway, with or without Covid, and the pandemic only exacerbated this.

Then, on top of that you add to the mix the problem that one of the major manufacturers had to be shut down for reasons related to the safety of the formula it was producing. I'm not sure we want Congress to just ignore those problems and tell the manufacturer to keep cooking.

We don't import a bunch of formula because of our strict standards. I don't know that I'm in favor of them just giving a pass on those, at least not if I had a baby I was feeding.

Then, to top it all off, the media comes out and raises the alarm about possible shortages of formula, which of course causes what? Yep, people hoarding formula.

Did you know that more formula was produced in this country in April than had been produced in the month prior to the closing of the major manufacturer? What does that tell you? It tells you people are hoarding it, again exacerbating the shortage. So Congress should do what, exactly, pass an anti-hoarding law?

I guess I'll wait to hear your solution.
              I thought all this **** was all Brandon's fault?

Comment

• Last I read, there are more job openings than there are job seekers. Higher wages may help attract employees in the short term, at the expense of increasing the cost of production. Fixing our immigration system would help re-staff our production lines and delivery/logistics chains in the long run. In a country with a worker shortage and a declining birth rate, if you aren't doing everything to simplify the process and welcome legal, taxpaying immigrants, then your economy and country is dying.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Tell me, why should people vote for Democrats if those Democrats won't fight for the policies they supposedly believe in?

Just throw up their hands and say, "well, we tried, but its just not gonna happen. Manchin, or Mitch, (or whatever excuse they pick) just won't allow it to happen. Nothing we can do. You gotta vote for more of us".

You know what that says? That says "we're weak," and its too hard, and requires too much work, so we're not even gonna try.

And they want you to vote for more people like that? And you think Americans are the problem cause they won't?

Jesus.

They'll hold their little "abortion rights" vote theater show, have it go down in flames, shrug, say, "see, we tried. We fought for yoooouuuuu!!!!" and then not do another single damm thing to try to change things.

And still whine cause you wont vote for them hard enough.
                  What democrats are you talking about? Is there an women's healthcare bill any could have put forward that would have passed the senate in its current makeup?

To me this was a very sensible bill that I would like to see pass but obviously not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    The people who don’t vote, and the ones who knowingly vote for rotting cunts and then complain after are the issue
                    I am not sure issue is the word I would use for them. Cancer sounds like a better word. Azzhole is probably the most correct.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Last I read, there are more job openings than there are job seekers. Higher wages may help attract employees in the short term, at the expense of increasing the cost of production. Fixing our immigration system would help re-staff our production lines and delivery/logistics chains in the long run. In a country with a worker shortage and a declining birth rate, if you aren't doing everything to simplify the process and welcome legal, taxpaying immigrants, then your economy and country is dying.
                      Corporate America agrees with you...the GOP leaders they fund do not. (except if they own businesses of course)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's great. There's always a narrative for doing nothing. Meanwhile we have mothers out there who are rationing their kids food. That's perfect.
                        Anti Trust breakup of the formula companies is probably what needs to be done
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

What democrats are you talking about? Is there an women's healthcare bill any could have put forward that would have passed the senate in its current makeup?

To me this was a very sensible bill that I would like to see pass but obviously not happening.
                          Sure, and it's all a dog and pony show, and tomorrow they'll go about their business and never think about the issue again, until they need to raise some campaign money.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Anti Trust breakup of the formula companies is probably what needs to be done
                            Another set of laws that is NEVER enforced. I wonder why (sarcasm).

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Women of a childbearing age make up what, maybe 20% of the U.S. population? Of that 20%, how many of them will get an abortion during their lives? Has to be less than 5% of that 20% doesn't it?
                              Around 25% of women have an abortion by age 45. It is literally one of the most common medical procedures performed. You are woefully misinformed.
                              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

Around 25% of women have an abortion by age 45. It is literally one of the most common medical procedures performed. You are woefully misinformed.
                                It’s what they tell themselves so they don’t have to care while others are stripped of their rights.

do all men think that women announce their abortion? That you can’t think of anyone who had one? Do you tell everyone you know that your dick is limp and you need to see a doctor? You being men in general, not directed at the good doc here
                                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-11-2022, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X