SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    We've got active senators that are undermining the votes that THEY made, ...
    And this is new?
    Ever heard of John F Kerry, he's a veteran, and he " ... was for the Iraq war before I was against it". <-- that undercuts himself!

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Sorry, which current members of Congress were around in 1973 when the Court made its ruling and it basically became the law of the land? Hell, how many were even around in 1991 (?) when Casey upheld Roe and further entrenched it as precedent? No recent Congress has done anything because it had become very entrenched over 50 years, and there were more than enough other problems to take care of rather than those that had been very largely moved out of their control.
      Congress has had the power to codify that decision from a "ruling" to hard law, and hasn't done it for 50 years.

And Joe Biden has been in DC since January 3, 1973 as either Senator or President of US Senate or POTUS (save for a recent particular four year stretch).

We're talking 50 years. Besides Biden, Senators Leahy's been there 48; Markey 45, Wyden 41, SCHUMER 41, and Rep Steny Hoyer 40. And they knew how to write the bill: align it to the Court's decision on Roe.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Congress has had the power to codify that decision from a "ruling" to hard law, and hasn't done it for 50 years.

And Joe Biden has been in DC since January 3, 1973 as either Senator or President of US Senate or POTUS (save for a recent particular four year stretch).

We're talking 50 years. Besides Biden, Senators Leahy's been there 48; Markey 45, Wyden 41, SCHUMER 41, and Rep Steny Hoyer 40. And they knew how to write the bill: align it to the Court's decision on Roe.
        Right, and if they wanted to they could have codified every single thing that has been decided and reaffirmed by every single SCOTUS decision just to be safe. Yes, they could do it; well, they could write it and bring it up for vote certainly; it also very well might fail and they know that ahead of time, and thus they would not waste time on such a fool's errand. But yes they could do it. Even though by the time anyone but the handful of people you mentioned, certainly nowhere near enough to actually pass anything, got into office it was seen as the upheld law of the land, so at that point the most effective thing they could do would be to make sure the Senate was appointing the justices they want to make sure it was continually upheld. But yes, I suppose they could do it. So yes, congrats on feeling you made some deep point there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• This is basically what LA wants. Start making women live in communal huts to monitor if anyone passed a fertilized egg in their menstrual discharge

https://***********/amy0227/status/1...Rdbwi_38-XVoLA

Comment

Right, and if they wanted to they could have codified every single thing that has been decided and reaffirmed by every single SCOTUS decision just to be safe. Yes, they could do it; well, they could write it and bring it up for vote certainly; it also very well might fail and they know that ahead of time, and thus they would not waste time on such a fool's errand. But yes they could do it. Even though by the time anyone but the handful of people you mentioned, certainly nowhere near enough to actually pass anything, got into office it was seen as the upheld law of the land, so at that point the most effective thing they could do would be to make sure the Senate was appointing the justices they want to make sure it was continually upheld. But yes, I suppose they could do it. So yes, congrats on feeling you made some deep point there.
            Passing such a law would also be a bit unusual, it seems to me. Don't we typically operate from the standpoint that we assume you can do something, until there is a law that is passed that says you can't?

In other words, we don't pass a law that says everyone's right to drive a car shall be protected. Instead, we just assume everyone has a right to drive a car, but we pass laws saying you can't drive a car unless you are of a certain age, are licensed, insured, etc...

Constitutional provisions are written the opposite. The right of free speech or the right to assemble shall not be abridged, for example. But statutory law, I don't think you see a lot of "affirmative, you have the right to do this" sort of statutes.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Ask sic what he’d think if kbj, kagan or sotomayor spouse texted to overthrow the election.

weird he won’t comment on that type of thing. It’s almost like there a pathetic, predictable pattern when he shows up

Comment

• LA amended their language today to insure Ectopic pregnancies are included in homicide.

I’m literally sick to my stomach right now. Nothing is more painful than an ectopic pregnancy and I can vouch.

Maybe I can be thrown in jail for mine retroactively. Literally sentencing women to jail for homicide for something they have no control over.

trying to think of the equivalent for all the men out there. You have a prostate issue? Jail!
                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-05-2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  LA amended their language today to insure Ectopic pregnancies are included in homicide.

I’m literally sick to my stomach right now. Nothing is more painful than an ectopic pregnancy and I can vouch.

Maybe I can be thrown in jail for mine retroactively. Literally sentencing women to jail for homicide for something they have no control over.

trying to think of the equivalent for all the men out there. You have a prostate issue? Jail!
                  Jesus
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I know you're trying to make light of a horrible situation, and that's probably a healthier path than I usually take, but there is no equivalent for we men, emotionally or physically. Because of that, any man who isn't pro-choice is a hypocritical piece of 5h!t who can go **** himself with the same rusty railroad spike anyone who votes for a republican in the next 10 years (at least) can **** himself with.

Comment

LA amended their language today to insure Ectopic pregnancies are included in homicide.

That wouldn't even qualify...it would have to be something like getting a vasectomy since that prevents fertilization.

I am not sure what these clowns are thinking...that is beyond even Taliban level authoritarianism. Unless the plan of the GOP is to completely split the US this is just beyond ridiculous. They are going to force anyone who believes in any right beyond 2A to flee to Blue States which will lead to dissolving of the Union. I get they think that is a cool plan and all but we have all the money, we will have all the work force and we will have all the jobs.(not to mention most of the women...surely the only ones you would ever want to spend any time with)
                      Even if they get to have their ****wit States of America it will last at most a decade before they have to sell themselves back because no-one outside Saudi Arabia and their ilk will do business with them. This is dumber than the South leaving over Slavery. They are celebrating turning themselves into a nation the UN usually is forced to help out to protect the people.

As someone who was raised to respect all beliefs and love this country warts and all (and also has an IQ higher than my belt size) I am just in awe of how much these ****ing dickless flaccid pieces of cunt lint celebrate their evil stupidity. They think God loves them...no God would ever be happy with them. He made them dickless losers for a reason. And personally, I fully embrace our future female overlords we have earned every punishment they give us and then some.

Oh and Sic, joecct, and any other con who is giggling at our anger...you won't be remembered, you won't be honored and in the end everyone will celebrate when you die un-ceremoniously. If Hell exists even Hitler will laugh at the amount of suffering you do.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• About As True a Writeup of Drews Overlord As It Gets
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That wouldn't even qualify...it would have to be something like getting a vasectomy since that prevents fertilization.

I am not sure what these clowns are thinking...that is beyond even Taliban level authoritarianism. Unless the plan of the GOP is to completely split the US this is just beyond ridiculous. They are going to force anyone who believes in any right beyond 2A to flee to Blue States which will lead to dissolving of the Union. I get they think that is a cool plan and all but we have all the money, we will have all the work force and we will have all the jobs.(not to mention most of the women...surely the only ones you would ever want to spend any time with)
                          Even if they get to have their ****wit States of America it will last at most a decade before they have to sell themselves back because no-one outside Saudi Arabia and their ilk will do business with them. This is dumber than the South leaving over Slavery. They are celebrating turning themselves into a nation the UN usually is forced to help out to protect the people.

As someone who was raised to respect all beliefs and love this country warts and all (and also has an IQ higher than my belt size) I am just in awe of how much these ****ing dickless flaccid pieces of cunt lint celebrate their evil stupidity. They think God loves them...no God would ever be happy with them. He made them dickless losers for a reason. And personally, I fully embrace our future female overlords we have earned every punishment they give us and then some.

Oh and Sic, joecct, and any other con who is giggling at our anger...you won't be remembered, you won't be honored and in the end everyone will celebrate when you die un-ceremoniously. If Hell exists even Hitler will laugh at the amount of suffering you do.
                          ^^ This is what Mental Illness looks like.

Comment

• The quote that hits home for me in the article.

That Collins was able to blithely announce her confidence in these Republican-appointed justices’ support of Roe is more than infuriating; it’s alarming.
                            And the closing is just perfect.
                            Now, she will get a chance to see exactly how extreme and inhumane abortion bans can be. If this opinion is what the court ultimately decides, people are going to suffer — economically, mentally, physically. Unwanted babies will be born. People will risk their lives trying to preserve their personal choice — and not all of them will survive. And what about the women who otherwise wouldn’t carry their children to term, just to die bearing them?

Will Collins still believe every nice man who makes promises to her over tea?

I ask this with grim sincerity: How many would have to die for Susan Collins to lose her innocence?

It almost makes you wish she was just a liar.
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-06-2022, 07:50 AM.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Should we be concerned about KBJ? Collins found her suitable as well. The norm up until McConnell denied Obama his final Supreme Court nominee was that as long as someone was qualified they were confirmed. If Kavanaugh gets replaced by some other random conservative does it make a difference?
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Update on everyone’s least favorite senator: https://www.boston.com/news/politics...p_featurestack

It sounds like her and Murkowski are trying to get something done.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X