SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    So, I saw this rhetorical question here and there and I am not back-reading the past 89 pages so apologies if this has been brought up.

For those that are anti abortion with the rape/incest exceptions, why? If abortion is murder, why is it then not murder if the fetus was generated during a crime? So, it's only a baby and a person if both parents were consensual? Wouldn't that sort of incentivize women to make rape allegations? What level of proof is needed to attain this exemption? How could this claim possibly be adjudicated in time?

Of course there are no answers to these, because it absolutely isn't about protecting babies.
    At least ones like the ND guy are consistent

https://***********/jamiestiehm/stat...unurWbbiS3xO6g

Comment

So, I saw this rhetorical question here and there and I am not back-reading the past 89 pages so apologies if this has been brought up.

For those that are anti abortion with the rape/incest exceptions, why? If abortion is murder, why is it then not murder if the fetus was generated during a crime? So, it's only a baby and a person if both parents were consensual? Wouldn't that sort of incentivize women to make rape allegations? What level of proof is needed to attain this exemption? How could this claim possibly be adjudicated in time?

Of course there are no answers to these, because it absolutely isn't about protecting babies.
      No pro-life person ever wanted those exceptions. They just pretended they did to make their ultimate goal seem less extreme.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I can't think of a red state I have no choice but to visit - at least any that would implement draconian laws as a result of this SCOTUS ruling.
        I have a daughter and a house in AZ, which has trigger laws.

I pray to Bacon this will turn AZ solid blue, but I doubt even this will move the needle. Dr. Mrs. thinks this will finally sink the GQP, but I think every conservative with the slightest character or intelligence long ago became an implacable enemy of the Republican party. We'll find out. I stop over-estimating Americans when they re-elected Dubya.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I've always argued the only "pro-lifers" who are ethically consistent are those who opposed abortion in all circumstances except possibly life of the mother since then it would be a choice between two lives.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• See the thing is, people on the left complain about their comrades all the time. We all b itc h and moan about our team constantly. Millions of democrats who voted for Obama one year did not vote for Hillary in another. We hold them accountable, or at least attempt to.

We hold each other accountable too. People aim their arrows at me on this forum. Kep and Handy go at each other all the time. I've even seen plenty of criticism directed at the most reasonable posters in this forum who are almost always measured and low key with their posts. But the other side? No. ****ing. Way. Lock (goose) step in place with each other 99.9999999999% of the time. All those trump loving morons who complained about J.D. Vance in Ohio being a trump supporter in name only? Come November they ain't pulling the lever for Tim Ryan, who at the very least would be an open-minded competent establishment member of the Senate. No they will ALL vote for Vance, some of them singing the same "both sides do it" song.

SO long story short, if you pull the "both sides are bad" trope out of your pocket, you are at best a clueless (and sadly gullible and naive) idiot who is doing the bidding of fascists and authoritarians. And anything less than at best you are complicit in the downfall and should be considered an enemy of the good and of this failing democracy we call the United States of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's absurd. She's completely insane like he is.
              Agreed but I found it rather intriguing.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                See the thing is, people on the left complain about their comrades all the time. We all b itc h and moan about our team constantly. Millions of democrats who voted for Obama one year did not vote for Hillary in another. We hold them accountable, or at least attempt to.

We hold each other accountable too. People aim their arrows at me on this forum. Kep and Handy go at each other all the time. I've even seen plenty of criticism directed at the most reasonable posters in this forum who are almost always measured and low key with their posts. But the other side? No. ****ing. Way. Lock (goose) step in place with each other 99.9999999999% of the time. All those trump loving morons who complained about J.D. Vance in Ohio being a trump supporter in name only? Come November they ain't pulling the lever for Tim Ryan, who at the very least would be an open-minded competent establishment member of the Senate. No they will ALL vote for Vance, some of them singing the same "both sides do it" song.

SO long story short, if you pull the "both sides are bad" trope out of your pocket, you are at best a clueless (and sadly gullible and naive) idiot who is doing the bidding of fascists and authoritarians. And anything less than at best you are complicit in the downfall and should be considered an enemy of the good and of this failing democracy we call the United States of America.
                I just want to clarify anytime I am critical of Democrats it isn’t in any way saying they are equally as bad as the right.

Being in power when times are tough is the worst possible position for a political party to be in. The Democrats need to pull out all the stops to limit the damage this fall.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• And I want to clarify that during a time when the very survival of our democracy is at stake any notion from the "both sides are bad" team puts you on the wrong side. It doesn't need saying for one thing, because as human beings (allegedly) of course all politicians have flaws. But it gives cover to people to turn a blind eye to the real evil. And right now that is ALL centered on one party. All of it. If we voted only for democrats for the next 10 years, not only would this country not suffer defeat, it would improve. Full stop. End of story. Period.

Once America is not looking over the edge of the cliff and we have a functional and LOYAL opposing party it might be OK to remind us that both sides have their flaws if people are getting too connected to one side or the other. Right now, as far as I am concerned, if there is a D next to your name or the Democratic party has endorsed you (like for Judges in some states) you can have my vote. If there is an R next to your name, you can **** yourself with a rusty railroad spike and die a horrible, slow and painful death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Being in power when times are tough is the worst possible position for a political party to be in.
                    Not being in power so people like Senator Collins can hurt you is worse.

Comment

• Susan "I'm so full of **** I squeak going into a turn" Collins, despite claiming she's pro-choice, said she will vote against the bill to formally legalize abortion nationally.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Susan "I'm so full of **** I squeak going into a turn" Collins, despite claiming she's pro-choice, said she will vote against the bill to formally legalize abortion nationally.
                        Worthless. Completely worthless. Be proud Maine.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Susan "I'm so full of **** I squeak going into a turn" Collins, despite claiming she's pro-choice, said she will vote against the bill to formally legalize abortion nationally.
                          Bahahahahahaha she’s being forced to be honest.

what a ****ing cunt

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Bahahahahahaha she’s being forced to be honest.

what a ****ing cunt
                            I just love when you call her that!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• She has concerns. What can you say?
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Why do you care? You're a straight, white, Christian, educated American male who makes a **** ton of money. Elections don't touch you.
                                See. I'm fully qualified for Congress.

PS - I'm the worst kind of Christian ... I'm a Cath-o-lic.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X