Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article 10 has nothing to do with whether something Congress passes is Constitutional or not.

It's not like it says "the states have veto power on what the Federal government can legislate, cause they have unenumerated powers"

Something does not become Unconstitutional because the states say it infringes on their powers.

Again, you're an idiot.
    Last edited by rufus; 05-03-2022, 08:12 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Just like the settled rights of women to choose what happens to their bodies was challenged. And likely overturned. My guess is if Texas makes it illegal for a resident to get an abortion regardless of where that abortion takes place, the same supreme court that is overturning a decision authored by a republican appointee and upheld years later by another republican appointee, it will gleefully uphold any state law that makes abortion illegal for its residents, regardless of where that abortion takes place.

Your gleeful look at all of this like it is oh so amusing is shameful. You Sic, are part of the real problem. I only hope at some point in your life you are faced with an issue as private and serious (and most often gut-wrenching) like a woman who is considering having an abortion, and after some serious soul-searching the only solution that makes any sense for you is deemed illegal and you are unable to do it, no matter where you are in your life. Maybe then you will see how shameful and wrong your attitutes are.
      Correction, Birthing Person

Men can have babies now as well.

Honk

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I misspoke...
        This should be on your ****ing tombstone someday. And by the way, using the term "several states" to make you sound like you understand the constitution and are some sort of a learned scholar is not working. It actually makes you sound like a ****ing do uche bag. Of course I am the bigger idiot here because someone calling you a ****ing do uche bag gives you some sort of perverse glee because you think you're owning another lib. But I just can't help it because you are a ****ing do uche bag.

Comment

• What a ****ing time to be alive

https://twitter.com/ecmclaughlin/sta...jSv4VQzJk3C41A

Comment

• Paxton already has it drafted.

at least when they gut the epa, well all die a little faster

https://twitter.com/brynntannehill/s...jSv4VQzJk3C41A

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

This should be on your ****ing tombstone someday. And by the way, using the term "several states" to make you sound like you understand the constitution and are some sort of a learned scholar is not working. It actually makes you sound like a ****ing do uche bag. Of course I am the bigger idiot here because someone calling you a ****ing do uche bag gives you some sort of perverse glee because you think you're owning another lib. But I just can't help it because you are a ****ing do uche bag.
              Your ad hominem attack fails in that it does not refute the point that this matter will now revert to the legislatures (either the Federal or the several States, plus DC).

I believe of the 51 jurisdictions (counting DC), about 15 have codified the procedure, about 15 have codified a ban, and 20 are yet to act.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Hey, cool that you're white and rich.
                California State Senator Melissa Melendez resolves your consternation:

To combat the Roe v. Wade decision, democrats in CA have introduced SB 1142 which would invite women across the country to come to CA for an abortion, paid for by CA. Planned parenthood is salivating at the thought of all the $$ they will make.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Some right wingers have identified a pro choice former clerk of Breyer as the leak, and a twitter mob has descended upon the woman.

their proof? She’s written pro life briefs and her husband is a journalist

Comment

• My faith in the Court is shattered. I am sure that will be for the rest of my short life. And when Stephen Colbert attacks you you know you're way out of the mainstream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJCGAA4VYT8
                    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-04-2022, 08:02 AM.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• And if you think I am crazy there is this point that I hadn't thought of.

So let me get this straight- one leak from the SCOTUS and the marshal is called in to investigate by Chief Justice Roberts but a sitting justice's wife literally plotted to overthrow the government and no investigation? Interesting.
                      https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/sta...49880682311681

Food for thought.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        My faith in the Court is shattered. I am sure that will be for the rest of my short life. And when Stephen Colbert attacks you you know you're way out of the mainstream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJCGAA4VYT8
                        Mr. Colbert seems to be conflating the House and the SCOTUS.

The House is "the people's House" and is elected every two years to stay in touch, alignment, up to date, with the desires of the people when legislating. The SCOTUS is to review and ensure said legislation is Constitutional. SCOTUS has no obligation to the wills and whims of the populace, but only to the Constitution.

If you don't like how SCOTUS operates, may I suggest a Constitutional Convention to change the operational directive of SCOTUS.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Stare decisis

Stare decisis is the doctrine that courts will adhere to precedent in making their decisions. Stare decisis means “to stand by things decided” in Latin.

Comment

• in FL we have rape exception clause I'm curious how that plays out how would you "prove" a rape happened - also most rapists don't get convicted so if they're not convicted do you also not get your abortion?
                            Litigating rape exceptions to abortion bans, even where they continue to exist, will impose incredible burdens on women already in difficult circumstances & likely, in many cases, the clock will run out in them, forcing them to carry a pregnancy that results from rape to term.
                            https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/...56445737807874

Comment

• What a happily married 13-year-old. Forced to marry the man that had been sexually assaulting me & got me pregnant. Forfeited education, removed from community, isolated, no bodily autonomy, expecting my 2nd child at 14-yr-old. No hope. No way out.#endchildmarriage #akleg #alaska
                              https://twitter.com/Dawnbtyree/statu...42455537201154

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - Child marriage may seem like a third world problem, but the issue is very much prevalent in the U.S.

The latest data shows over 200,000 minors were reportedly married to an adult between the years 2010 to 2015 in the United States.

In Texas, over 41,000 minors were reportedly married to adult men between the years 2000 to 2017. Among those, 96 percent are girls married to adult men.

In 1985, Dawn Tyree became one of those girls.
                              https://www.newschannel10.com/2021/0...hild-marriage/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Your ad hominem attack fails in that it does not refute the point that this matter will now revert to the legislatures (either the Federal or the several States, plus DC).

I believe of the 51 jurisdictions (counting DC), about 15 have codified the procedure, about 15 have codified a ban, and 20 are yet to act.
                                My ad hominem attack was just that and the point I was making is you are an insufferable d ouche bag. I have been trying for a long time to find a reason to not put you on ignore, because I think it is dangerous to disallow contrary opinions and viewpoints into one's worldview. But for you, I've given up. You are disengenuous, shallow and are the literal example of white privilege and you don't seem interested in the first clue as to why. I feel sorry for the people who are close to you and learn by your examples. I invite you to reciprocate and put me on ignore as well because clearly you have nothing to gain by engaging with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X