This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

My shock isn't that they're overturning Roe (because they said they were gonna), it's how broad that draft is. Gorsuch and Roberts both voted that the civil rights act protects LGBTQ persons and seem unlikely to overrule Obergefell, so the fact that every major civil rights decision in the last 50 years including those are apparently up for grabs is disconcerting.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. And so did many other people who read the decision. There were thoughts that they may narrow it to just the 6 week ban across the board. This is sweeping. It is throwing out everything.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Yeah, I admit I dismissed these efforts and considered Roe, Casey, et al as being bedrock of modern jurisprudence. I was 100% wrong.

The trolls have seemingly won.
      It's ugly but not at all surprising. I just hope Ds can stop looking for the Charismatic Leader solution and start figuring out what is necessary to win local and state elections. They can hand out torches and pitchforks too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yeah, I noticed that as well. And so did many other people who read the decision. There were thoughts that they may narrow it to just the 6 week ban across the board. This is sweeping. It is throwing out everything.
        I think the broadness of alito cruelty is exactly why it was leaked

Comment

If that's all she got than she's an idiot. I do not think she's an idiot.
          I was being a smarta—. I’d say she’s an SDD on that scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I think the broadness of alito cruelty is exactly why it was leaked
            The rumor was they wanted the woman to write it. The fact that they picked Alito is enlightening.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• This picture sums that lying sack of **** perfectly

https://twitter.com/nathantbernard/s...bW8YwN3ujutCyg

Comment

• Apparently roberts just confirmed the draft leaked is authentic .

well gee

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Apparently roberts just confirmed the draft leaked is authentic .

well gee
                  Uh, oh. That means they're all in. This is Roberts legacy.

EDIT: Read his statement. He's going with this isn't the decision but it's true line. As slippery as Susan Collins that one is. He thinks we're stupid.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-03-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

All of this needs to happen. It is the only way people who actually do value democratic values will be forced to take action. When literally all of our rights have been stripped away and there is nothing left to lose, well maybe then people will actually fight fire with fire.
                    By then, they won't be able to do anything. Their vote won't matter anymore. Only who the Repubs decide who won the election.
                    Last edited by rufus; 05-03-2022, 11:01 AM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I'm assuming the QAnon people are furious about this ruling, as it will flood the foster system, a system ripe for abuse and trafficking when no one is watching.

Yup, any minute now.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

You ****ing voted for Susan? Are you insane?
                        No, he's just dumber than a box of rocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

I love that she's so shocked they lied and she was conned. If you're that gullible and stupid...get the **** out of Congress.
                          That's why Drew likes her, and votes for her. "She's just like me!!!!"

Comment

• If SCOTUS overturns itself on Roe it means the Federal government never had the power to decide this issue. Then, the issue falls under A10, specifically,

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

It becomes a State issue, and it's easier to move states than move countries if you don't like the laws.

Call your state representatives* and let them know it's coming if you are ... concerned (<-- that was for you rufus).

*Assuming you even know what state district you're in and who represents you.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Uh, oh. That means they're all in. This is Roberts legacy.

EDIT: Read his statement. He's going with this isn't the decision but it's true line. As slippery as Susan Collins that one is. He thinks we're stupid.
                              No, he's going with, "it's an authentic copy of a draft, but it's still just a draft." It's always possible someone changes their vote late (ie Roberts with Obamacare as a prime example), or more likely that the more vitriolic language in the opinion gets tampered down prior to it being released.

But I'm still not discounting Roberts himself being the leaker.

Comment

• The right largely got away with sacking the Capitol, so where are the leftists to storm SCOTUS and assault cops and smear their sh*t on the walls? After Jan 6, surely that would be an acceptable response with no consequences whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X