This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unofan View Post

You voted for Susie knowing this would result from that vote. **** off.
    KBJ is the only justice she has voted to confirm since I voted for her.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The target is the Fourteenth Amendment.
      Technically the Supreme Court can't rule a Constitutional Amendment unconstitutional. But yes, if there's a Constitutional Convention (and we're closer than we've ever been before) the 14th is history, along with half the Constitution...

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

That's quite the self-own. So you voted for her knowingly even after she confirmed Kavanaugh.

Comment

While I understand your opinion is shared by many Americans, it treats a 50-50 Senate with a tiebreaker as though it were 100-0, ignoring both the filibuster and the power of Manchin and Sinema. It's a lazy opinion that shows a lack of critical thinking.
          There are many different ways Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer could deal with Manchin and Sinema but they won't. Not understanding that is lazy and shows a lack of critical thinking.

Comment

That's quite the self-own. So you voted for her knowingly even after she confirmed Kavanaugh.
            Amy Coney Barrett is the only justice she has voted against. She has been much less hypocritical than the rest of the senate.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

This was on Biden’s watch and he needs to own it.

In all seriousness this is a tragic day for America. I told my wife just now and she was sick. I would like to think this leads to a blue wave but it wouldn’t shock me if a decent amount of people have moved on by November. Just look at how many women voted for Trump in 2020.
              **** all the way off you POS.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

You ****ing voted for Susan? Are you insane?

Comment

From Twitter:

Alito's draft opinion explicitly criticizes Lawrence v. Texas (legalizing sodomy) and Obergefell v. Hodges (legalizing same-sex marriage). He says that, like abortion, these decisions protect phony rights that are not "deeply rooted in history." https://t.co/4690k0KG1F https://t.co/urF7A02INU

Comment

Amy Coney Barrett is the only justice she has voted against. She has been much less hypocritical than the rest of the senate.
                    **** right the **** off a steep cliff

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I have argued for years that the target wasn't Roe but Griswold. I was wrong. The target is Brown. It is only a matter of time before SCOTUS brings back Jim Crow. See also: Miranda, Obergefell, Gideon... Kiss them all goodbye.
                      Alito literally cited Obergefell and Lawrence in his opinion as not being enshrined in the constitution. Like, this is a goddam hit list.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Purely speculation but this feels like a deliberate leak in an effort to get a justice to change their mind.
                        Yes. This was either Roberts or Sotomayor. Most likely Roberts trying desperately to pull one of the others to the non-self-immolating side of the decision. Could be Sotomayor because she's so ****ing incensed by this insanity.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Mea culpa. No excuse.
                          Ditto

eyes opened. We're in a knife fight.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yes. This was either Roberts or Sotomayor. Most likely Roberts trying desperately to pull one of the others to the non-self-immolating side of the decision. Could be Sotomayor because she's so ****ing incensed by this insanity.
                            That was my thought, Roberts is trying to throw a Hail Mary here.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

There are many different ways Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer could deal with Manchin and Sinema but they won't. Not understanding that is lazy and shows a lack of critical thinking.
                              Such as?
                              Code:

Comment

From Twitter:

Alito's draft opinion explicitly criticizes Lawrence v. Texas (legalizing sodomy) and Obergefell v. Hodges (legalizing same-sex marriage). He says that, like abortion, these decisions protect phony rights that are not "deeply rooted in history." https://t.co/4690k0KG1F https://t.co/urF7A02INU
                                Deeply rooted in history is very thinly veiled threat to all post reconstruction rights. Every single one of them.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X