Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

    Yes. This was either Roberts or Sotomayor. Most likely Roberts trying desperately to pull one of the others to the non-self-immolating side of the decision. Could be Sotomayor because she's so fucking incensed by this insanity.
    Likely, but could also be a law clerk for any of the liberal justices who doesn't give a **** about burning bridges.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

      There are many different ways Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer could deal with Manchin and Sinema but they won't. Not understanding that is lazy and shows a lack of critical thinking.
      You push Manchin, he just flips parties and you lose the Senate altogether. Sinema has clearly been bought off by someone, likely the Russians, and if she's removed from office she gets replaced by a Republican since Arizona still has a GOP Governor, and you lose the senate altogether.

      In some ways, the Dems would've been better off if they hadn't taken the Senate, because McConnell would've been the unifying villain (though the country would've been far worse off overall because pandemic assistance wouldn't have happened). Instead, we get people like you blaming them for being handed a toothbrush and not having cleaned the entire mansion in 18 months.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

        There are many different ways Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer could deal with Manchin and Sinema but they won't. Not understanding that is lazy and shows a lack of critical thinking.
        Name one. And tell us why it will work specifically not just in your fever dreams.

        You sound like the idiots that support morons like Briahna Joy Gray. Don't be them...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          That was my thought, Roberts is trying to throw a Hail Mary here.
          Not likely. More likely it was a female staffer.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by unofan View Post

            You push Manchin, he just flips parties and you lose the Senate altogether. Sinema has clearly been bought off by someone, likely the Russians, and if she's removed from office she gets replaced by a Republican since Arizona still has a GOP Governor, and you lose the senate altogether.

            In some ways, the Dems would've been better off if they hadn't taken the Senate, because McConnell would've been the unifying villain (though the country would've been far worse off overall because pandemic assistance wouldn't have happened). Instead, we get people like you blaming them for being handed a toothbrush and not having cleaned the entire mansion in 18 months.
            You know Priceless better than that...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

              Such as?
              For starters, Biden could use the bully pulpit. Go to Wheeling and give a speech about Build Back Better, or voting rights or abortion rights or the Child Tax Credit and tell people the reason none of that is happening is Joe Manchin. If he really wants to emulate LBJ, he could pull Manchin aside before he takes the stage and say, "I'm going to go out there and talk about my wildly popular proposals...am I going to say you're the hero who will help me pass them or the goat who is the sole reason none of them are getting what they want?"

              Has anyone in the Administration or the Senate leadership ever mentioned that a big reason Manchin is against the Green New Deal and Build Back Better is because he has a financial stake in a fucking coal company? Has anyone mentioned that he is against the minimum wage increase because he is an investor in a hotel chain that relies on maids getting minimum wage? No? Why is that?

              But the fact is Joe Biden doesn't give a ****. In 2018 he gave a speech and endorsed an anti-choice, pro-forced birth Republican over a pro-choice Democrat in Michigan. Real champion of women.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by unofan View Post

                You push Manchin, he just flips parties and you lose the Senate altogether. Sinema has clearly been bought off by someone, likely the Russians, and if she's removed from office she gets replaced by a Republican since Arizona still has a GOP Governor, and you lose the senate altogether.

                In some ways, the Dems would've been better off if they hadn't taken the Senate, because McConnell would've been the unifying villain (though the country would've been far worse off overall because pandemic assistance wouldn't have happened). Instead, we get people like you blaming them for being handed a toothbrush and not having cleaned the entire mansion in 18 months.
                Who do you think voters will blame? Not the ones who spend all day reading news and following politics, but the vast majority of Americans who don't have time to pay close attention but know the Democrats are in charge, promised things would get better and then things have gotten worse. Think they'll blame the folks who haven't been in office for the last few years?

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

                  Who do you think voters will blame? Not the ones who spend all day reading news and following politics, but the vast majority of Americans who don't have time to pay close attention but know the Democrats are in charge, promised things would get better and then things have gotten worse. Think they'll blame the folks who haven't been in office for the last few years?
                  I agree that's who people will blame. But I also ascribe to George Carlin's maxim: "picture the average American in your head, then remember half the population is dumber than that."

                  The mob is stupid. And democracy is the theory that the common man knows what he wants and deserves to get it good and hard.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    From Twitter:

                    Alito's draft opinion explicitly criticizes Lawrence v. Texas (legalizing sodomy) and Obergefell v. Hodges (legalizing same-sex marriage). He says that, like abortion, these decisions protect phony rights that are not "deeply rooted in history." https://t.co/4690k0KG1F https://t.co/urF7A02INU
                    There will be another Stonewall and I will be out there throwing bricks.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

                      For starters, Biden could use the bully pulpit. Go to Wheeling and give a speech about Build Back Better, or voting rights or abortion rights or the Child Tax Credit and tell people the reason none of that is happening is Joe Manchin. If he really wants to emulate LBJ, he could pull Manchin aside before he takes the stage and say, "I'm going to go out there and talk about my wildly popular proposals...am I going to say you're the hero who will help me pass them or the goat who is the sole reason none of them are getting what they want?"

                      Has anyone in the Administration or the Senate leadership ever mentioned that a big reason Manchin is against the Green New Deal and Build Back Better is because he has a financial stake in a fucking coal company? Has anyone mentioned that he is against the minimum wage increase because he is an investor in a hotel chain that relies on maids getting minimum wage? No? Why is that?

                      But the fact is Joe Biden doesn't give a ****. In 2018 he gave a speech and endorsed an anti-choice, pro-forced birth Republican over a pro-choice Democrat in Michigan. Real champion of women.
                      You think Joe Manchin is scared of Biden? He benefits from looking like he doesn’t get along with the man in a +2,748 R state. Harris and Sanders went after him. He told them to fuck off, and there is no BBB. Who won that battle?
                      Sinema can die in a fucking fire.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                        KBJ is the only justice she has voted to confirm since I voted for her.
                        You’re just like Hovey in that I’ve never seen either of you admit to being wrong on something. Hovey will always have 20,000; you have Susan Collins. Can’t wait to see her run away from reporters when they ask her about Kavanaugh and Roe v Wade being “settled law.”

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

                          For starters, Biden could use the bully pulpit. Go to Wheeling ,,,,,.
                          Fuck, that’s worse than Kennedy going to Dallas :-)

                          well, that isn’t entirely true as the thing keeping joeb alive is the fear of president harris
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by psych View Post

                            You’re just like Hovey in that I’ve never seen either of you admit to being wrong on something. Hovey will always have 20,000; you have Susan Collins. Can’t wait to see her run away from reporters when they ask her about Kavanaugh and Roe v Wade being “settled law.”
                            As I tell my wife all the time if at some point I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it ; )

                            After all the vitriol that came my way last night I read a couple post mortems on the 2020 ME senate election and it made me feel good about my choice. I’m sorry if people don’t understand but Gideon and the campaign she ran was truly that bad. Collins has been a good senator for Maine too.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              We were all hysterical. Right? This would never happen.

                              Goodbye privacy rights. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Glad I live in Minnesota since I still have to live in this ****hole of a nation.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                              Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                                As I tell my wife all the time if at some point I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it ; )

                                After all the vitriol that came my way last night I read a couple post mortems on the 2020 ME senate election and it made me feel good about my choice. I’m sorry if people don’t understand but Gideon and the campaign she ran was truly that bad. Collins has been a good senator for Maine too.
                                Sure she has. She's set back women's rights in Maine 50 years. That's awesome.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X