Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

    Around 25% of women have an abortion by age 45. It is literally one of the most common medical procedures performed. You are woefully misinformed.
    Glad someone with said this. I had no idea a month ago that it was so high.

    ive heard this stay now a couple times and it really needs to be what Dems really push. This is incredibly important.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-11-2022, 07:40 PM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

      It’s what they tell themselves so they don’t have to care while others are stripped of their rights.

      do all men think that women announce their abortion? That you can’t think of anyone who had one? Do you tell everyone you know that your dick is limp and you need to see a doctor? You being men in general, not directed at the good doc here
      I really feel like it's important for women who are ok being open with their medical history, be it a matter of choice or survival. It takes a ****ton of guts and it's sucks that that is what it takes, but I think it moves the needles.

      so thank you for sharing your story
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

        Yawn...this is completely wrong and for someone who is supposed to be smart she makes herself sound like a second rate Twitter activist. She is basically saying "Hey if we just ignore Ukraine and start talking tough then in the end everything will be fine!" which is cute and like something out of a Capra film. What the fuck does she live in a cave? Biden could stand up at every PC and say "those guys over there are fucking traitors and they hate everyone and if you vote for them you are voting for the destruction of this country and thousands of needless deaths and overt poverty" and the entirety of Dem leadership could stand with him and completely shut down the Government in protest to try and "save the American Experiment" and it would not change the fundamental things that prevent such a change from happening.

        1) The Dems don't have the votes. They can't even break the filibuster because people like Joe Manchin are duly elected

        which leads to...

        2) The people are the real fucking problem. If people actually cared about "saving the American Experiment" they wouldn't vote for people who openly admit they hate Democracy and want to end it. If they cared about Women's Rights or LGBTQ+ Rights or even making sure cops can't murder Black People in Broad Daylight on video they would vote for the party that pretty much runs exclusively on that platform and not a party that is openly hostile to all versions of Equality. If they wanted a Government to be functional, they wouldn't gum up the works every chance they get by either splitting the Government or electing leaders and people who have no intention of governing.

        The truth (the type people like her never seem to get) is that most of this country is filled with selfish *****s. (no Kepler, it is not 30%...30% just revel in it and admit it out loud) When things are going well we will make sure to support everything that is great and push for reforms that could make a difference. (BLM and Pride Flags for everyone!!!) But when we are down to our last chip, when the market is sagging and (mostly White) People aren't feeling up to it they will abandon every principle they have to get what is there's. (not all of us mind you, but well more than enough to screw up everything) She pretends that messaging on the jobs numbers is inconsequential...that tells me she doesn't understand the average voter because that lame *** messaging is sadly what wins elections.

        And see, if anyone said any of that to her she would deflect, she would say "its voter purges and restrictions!!" or "The media is the problem!1!1" but no, the problem is that voters care more about the Ukraine War than the real fights at home. Voters care more about jobs reports and a Dow Jones Industrial Average they can't even explain than they do about Equality. Voters care more about an extra $20 on their paycheck because of a Tax Break For Billionaires than the fact that at the end of the year they will owe way more than they got back and oh btw their Social Security was gutted, Medicare ripped off and there is no money to fix the roads or help when natural disasters caused by Climate Change ravage half the country. You wanna know why...BECAUSE VOTERS ARE FUCKING MORONS!! Because the elected officials we have perfectly represent us just as they were supposed to. (they suck because we as a whole pretty much suck) Even us, as Dem activists, are basically just a whiny owner blaming the refs for why his team lost and ignoring that it was our bad decisions that put the team in that position in the first place. Sometimes we are so up our own azz we might as well be Republicans because we are helping them way more than we are helping us.

        You want to know the real American Exceptionalism...it is that we are so arrogant and full of ourselves even now, post Trump, we still can't see how we are the problem. The rest of the world has figured it out (travel abroad and tell me they don't look at us just a little bit different) but yet we are just blind to it. The reason is simple, they have all had their dalliances with this type of disassociated populace and flirtations with Authoritarianism so they see all the telltale signs. We don't, because we are so full of ourselves that we never thought it could happen here. (even though it has been staring us in the face since 9/11) Roe v. Wade is the perfect example...the second Trump got Kavanaugh and ACB on the Court it was over. Many of us were shouted down because we said so...and now half the electorate is acting shocked and appalled over it. I bet Ms. Activist is organizing a Women's March...man that will show them!!

        tl;dr: If she wants to fix America so badly, fix Americans. We are the monkey wrench in the machine.

        (sorry Scoob...I am just done with vague platitudes and pretending the problem is some rando talking points)
        Once ACB got on the Court, I cried for two days straight because I knew any right I had was in danger of being overturned. I had a feeling in early September 2020 when Thomas and Alito were whining about Obergefell.

        Handy, I'm not a violent person at all. But given that Americans will show up at Pride events to gawk and then turn around and do nothing the other 11 months of the year, and given that Republicans are openly talking about killing my community, well then. Even the most gentle of human beings can be pushed over the edge.

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukW8...=Rihanna-Topic
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

          I really feel like it's important for women who are ok being open with their medical history, be it a matter of choice or survival. It takes a ****ton of guts and it's sucks that that is what it takes, but I think it moves the needles.

          so thank you for sharing your story
          I’ve been sharing it a lot. I can’t tell you how many WOMEN tell me they forget how this affects a run of the mill miscarriage

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

            Around 25% of women have an abortion by age 45. It is literally one of the most common medical procedures performed. You are woefully misinformed.
            Misinformed is being nice. Willfully blind is more likely. And of course there is always the chance he's being intentionally misleading or flat out forgetting who he happened to be lying to. I'm sure there are plenty of people in his life who he could say this too and they would clearly agree that since it can't be more than 2% of all women it means the left is just being hysterical again and the supreme court overturning what is one of the most important correctly ruled decisions it ever made is really a big nothing burger.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

              Misinformed is being nice. Willfully blind is more likely. And of course there is always the chance he's being intentionally misleading or flat out forgetting who he happened to be lying to. I'm sure there are plenty of people in his life who he could say this too and they would clearly agree that since it can't be more than 2% of all women it means the left is just being hysterical again and the supreme court overturning what is one of the most important correctly ruled decisions it ever made is really a big nothing burger.
              Agree.

              I work for a large health system. I am not in OB/GYN, but was party to a meeting today with many stakeholders and our legal department who was outlining how much this is going to fuck up providing healthcare. There is real, legal concern for doctors to go to prison for treating an ectopic pregnancy or providing similar care.

              Those who write the laws have no fucking clue medically. Laws on the book still cite "quickening" in many cases (best of luck defining that accurately), when in reality, there is not an accepted medical definition of conception (try me...I can poke a hole in any definition one provides).
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

              Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

              Comment


              • Women are going to literally die because doctors will be too scared to treat them.

                first world nation my ***

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Women are going to literally die because doctors will be too scared to treat them.

                  first world nation my ***
                  Yeah...it truly is bad.

                  I can assure you the physicians absolutely want to continue to provide standard medical care, but I think there are only a very select few that are willing to risk decades of prison time to do so. One worry (per our legal team) is that the statute of limitations for many of these laws is long, so even if you have a favorable AG, a new one could come in and change prosecution patterns. We also have to provide a record to the state health department so there is a clear paper trail that can be used for political purposes. They used the decriminalization of marijuana as an example of how it is still illegal federally and basically prosecution indifference has "legalized" it in a way.
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

                  Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

                    Around 25% of women have an abortion by age 45. It is literally one of the most common medical procedures performed. You are woefully misinformed.
                    Interesting. I did not know the percentage of women who will get an abortion is at about 25%. Well, maybe that isn't the reason why there isn't more of a national conversation or outrage on the issue.

                    I still suspect numbers may have something to do with the fact there isn't more of a conversation going on. Even if 25% of all women are likely to get an abortion, that's maybe 13% of the overall population. I have to assume that a certain percentage of those reside in states where abortion is protected by their own state legislature or courts, so it isn't really an issue for them. Also, assuming 25% of women will ultimately get an abortion at some time in their lives, how many really expect to? Don't know.

                    Maybe people just don't like talking about it.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                      Interesting. I did not know the percentage of women who will get an abortion is at about 25%. Well, maybe that isn't the reason why there isn't more of a national conversation or outrage on the issue.

                      I still suspect numbers may have something to do with the fact there isn't more of a conversation going on. Even if 25% of all women are likely to get an abortion, that's maybe 13% of the overall population. I have to assume that a certain percentage of those reside in states where abortion is protected by their own state legislature or courts, so it isn't really an issue for them. Also, assuming 25% of women will ultimately get an abortion at some time in their lives, how many really expect to? Don't know.

                      Maybe people just don't like talking about it.
                      Quibbling over the numbers is an irrelevant sideshow. Whether a law is good or not good is not dependent on how many people it impacts.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

                        Agree.

                        I work for a large health system. I am not in OB/GYN, but was party to a meeting today with many stakeholders and our legal department who was outlining how much this is going to fuck up providing healthcare. There is real, legal concern for doctors to go to prison for treating an ectopic pregnancy or providing similar care.

                        Those who write the laws have no fucking clue medically. Laws on the book still cite "quickening" in many cases (best of luck defining that accurately), when in reality, there is not an accepted medical definition of conception (try me...I can poke a hole in any definition one provides).
                        I was in an OB/GYN informatics meeting right after this news leaked and the chair was talking about how our new parent company's legal team had been sort of planning for this eventuality and that even here in MA they were working with the state legislature on how to product our medical staff, here.

                        That's how horrifying this is. Liberal-as-hell Massachusetts doctors are concerned about being sued or criminally prosecuted for performing safe and legal medical procedures, in this state, on out-of-state patients.


                        So, what happens if a Texan pregnant woman gets whalloped in a a car accident in Boston and they - together - make the heart breaking decision to terminate the pregnancy for <literally any reason that's none of my god damned business>. Will Texas go after the OB?
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

                          Quibbling over the numbers is an irrelevant sideshow. Whether a law is good or not good is not dependent on how many people it impacts.
                          I'm not arguing about abortion laws, and whether states should restrict abortions, and to what extent. I posted years ago here in Cafe that I am pro-choice and think any restrictions should be minor, if at all.

                          My posts have been in response to the twitter link (and some follow up comments here) about why there hasn't been more of a national conversation or sense of outrage by a larger percentage of the population over what appears to be a reversal of Roe v. Wade (and apparently blaming Biden for that lack of conversation). That's all.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                            I'm not arguing about abortion laws, and whether states should restrict abortions, and to what extent. I posted years ago here in Cafe that I am pro-choice and think any restrictions should be minor, if at all.

                            My posts have been in response to the twitter link (and some follow up comments here) about why there hasn't been more of a national conversation or sense of outrage by a larger percentage of the population over what appears to be a reversal of Roe v. Wade (and apparently blaming Biden for that lack of conversation). That's all.
                            The Stepford Wives don't care, and males do not speak out on the issue for the most part. So, you have maybe have 50% of the women who do and none of the men listen to them anyway. Spend 5 minutes listening to the Republicans and how they talk (not talk) about the issue and then consider that they own 53% of the white women in the country.

                            We'll never get honest debate. Murkowski and Collins are so afraid of the Maga folks they won't even vote for a completely logical bill. They'd rather have all women's rights destroyed to protect a very few medical providers than protect all the woman and all the other medical providers in the country.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • And it all comes down to the media. If the media decide they want to make an issue important, it will be. Like Hillary's emails.

                              If they decide they justcdont feel like talking about something, it just disappears. Like a sitting Supreme Court Justice's wife advocating for, and making plans on how to, overthrow the duly elected government of our country. And how that Justice was the only one who voted for keeping such communications secret.

                              But hey, headlines one day, into the ether the next. Yawn. Bored now.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                              Comment


                              • Yes, one wonders why Hillary's Emails got so much traction and why none of the issues with the Trump administration matter. The media should be hammering on Merrick Garland and the fact he hasn't arrested anyone for Jan 6 yet. The evidence is overwhelming.

                                Chuck Todd needs to be replaced. The most liberal corporate media channel in America and they fail every single day.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X