Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No offense but listening to a lot of the pundits, and even some legal experts, talk about this is exhausting.

    And they can't make this unique if they are going to do it for LGBTQ+ rights too. There is no chance that a Red State won't ban marriage equality and recognizing out of state marriage that isn't a man and woman will the Court strike that down or keep it? If they keep it then abortion isnt unique and the argument falls apart. What about transgender rights? Legal experts seem to talk in circles about all this sometimes.

    Until we see the final draft we cant know how best to fight whats coming. We cant lose ourselves in hypotheticals yet, we need to plan for all contingencies. The fight hasn't even begun yet...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

      This has been a big story around here this year because of the harassment Michelle Wu(new mayor of Boston) has received at her house. I don’t think it is right to harass her or Collins. And what about the neighbors?
      Funny. Your whataboutism literally starts with "What about...." Dead giveaway.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

      Comment


      • They don't care if the argument falls apart. When it does, then there will be a different reason.

        The goal is government and political representation by straight white men only.

        The rest of you don't count, don't matter, and don't get a say.
        Last edited by rufus; 05-10-2022, 04:23 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          No offense but listening to a lot of the pundits, and even some legal experts, talk about this is exhausting.

          And they can't make this unique if they are going to do it for LGBTQ+ rights too. There is no chance that a Red State won't ban marriage equality and recognizing out of state marriage that isn't a man and woman will the Court strike that down or keep it? If they keep it then abortion isnt unique and the argument falls apart. What about transgender rights? Legal experts seem to talk in circles about all this sometimes.

          Until we see the final draft we cant know how best to fight whats coming. We cant lose ourselves in hypotheticals yet, we need to plan for all contingencies. The fight hasn't even begun yet...
          If you haven't learned yet that the GOP is now in charge of the Supreme Court of the United States and they can do whatever the **** they want to do, well, you'll get there soon.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            This is the dumbest **** you've ever said.

            But thanks for misrepresenting my views and insulting my intelligence
            It’s not the dumbest thing he’s said. Two weeks ago he mansplained to me how I needed to treat people like drew (with your vehement agreement) and then three days later drew was duuurrrring all over his keyboard about womens rights. (Kep did apologize for that when I pointed it out though)

            point being, you may at times sound different than you think, but it’s not on purpose and You’ve come a long way. I don’t consider you a lefty yet but you’re making your way
            Edit- I wouldn’t label you an outright centrist either
            also remember kep said that Thomas Perez would be good!
            Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-10-2022, 06:42 PM.

            Comment


            • ****ing sea turtles. I’m done

              https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1524...1hfF8Lp6YCFzGg

              Comment


              • I'm with the Mayor.

                https://mobile.twitter.com/LoriLight...44510735908864
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

                Comment


                • This isn’t hypothetical, this is Happening right now and it’s disgusting

                  https://twitter.com/hannah_recht/sta...kDPOd6gPWkKpfw

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                    This is the dumbest **** you've ever said.

                    But thanks for misrepresenting my views and insulting my intelligence
                    You're welcome.

                    I don't know why you flew off the handle, though. What I said was to get what you want you need to push for someone far enough Left that you don't want them. We all do. That shouldn't be controversial.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-10-2022, 08:04 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                      It’s not the dumbest thing he’s said. Two weeks ago he mansplained to me how I needed to treat people like drew (with your vehement agreement) and then three days later drew was duuurrrring all over his keyboard about womens rights. (Kep did apologize for that when I pointed it out though)

                      point being, you may at times sound different than you think, but it’s not on purpose and You’ve come a long way. I don’t consider you a lefty yet but you’re making your way
                      Edit- I wouldn’t label you an outright centrist either
                      also remember kep said that Thomas Perez would be good!
                      Perez sucked. TBF I said Dr. Mrs. thought he would be good because she knew him. In the event, she was wrong, and I am surprised but it is always a gift when one's spouse is wrong.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • lmao

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Just nod and smile, like you did in college when some polisci major started talking about how Communism could work if handled correctly...
                          I knew a guy at Tech who started a presentation, "Communism works...(pregnant pause)", just to troll the ROTC cons in his class. They reacted the exact way you'd expect. He then continued, "...in theory. However, in practice..."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            This isn’t hypothetical, this is Happening right now and it’s disgusting

                            https://twitter.com/hannah_recht/sta...kDPOd6gPWkKpfw
                            Good god do you think if we gave them $20 bucks we could get Mexico to take back Texas?
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Its only funny because we both know that exact type of headline has been pitched.

                              The New York Times is the Chuck Todd of Politicos.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                                Good god do you think if we gave them $20 bucks we could get Mexico to take back Texas?
                                Kim wexler could win that case

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X