SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    The last 10 years has taught me this is categorically untrue. Most people are selfish c—ts.
    I said many, not all.

The breakdown:

10% only care about themselves (libertarians)
    30% empathize with people who look like them (conservatives)
    50% empathize with all people as long as it is absolutely no inconvenience to them (liberals)
    10% have empathy with no qualifications (saints)
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-09-2022, 04:38 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      Yeats comes immediately to mind.
      "Sod the Jews"?

But what better summation is there of the hate-pinched "pro-life" inquisitors than:

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-09-2022, 04:37 PM.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        what I’m saying is if every woman who doesn’t have an abortion doesn’t think this of the utmost importance, they are dumber than I thought
        I completely agree, but sadly there are quite a few of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

how's the vote going over there? excited about your new leader? :-)
          I'm hopefully out by EOY but will I come back to? =^O

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I completely agree, but sadly there are quite a few of them.
            This is so hard for me to fathom.

Obviously I can see Single Issue Pro-Choice.

And from the brain damaged I can see Single Issue Anti-Choice.

But a woman not caring?

"Hey Bob, you coming down to the polls today? We're voting on whether to castrate every guy in town."

"Naw... I'll take what comes."
            Cornell University

Comment

• BTW that report of Alito having to be moved to an undisclosed location for safety...sounds totally made up.

https://twitter.com/studentactivism/...JD9vsW9sA&s=19
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is so hard for me to fathom.

Obviously I can see Single Issue Pro-Choice.

And from the brain damaged I can see Single Issue Anti-Choice.

But a woman not caring?

"Hey Bob, you coming down to the polls today? We're voting on whether to castrate every guy in town."

"Naw... I'll take what comes."
                It is a matter of what is believed. If the rest of you believed as I do there would be a line of liberals and progressives a mile long at every gun shop and ammo outlet out there but most of you don't. If every woman actually believed their bodily autonomy was being taken away, 2/3rds of them would be prepared to vote republicans out of existence. But many do not. The only hope for our democracy is that a sizeable majority of the voting public believes how dire this is. It is going to take way more than half due to gerrymandering, the electoral college, and votes being overturned in 5 or 6 states.

Comment

what I’m saying is if every woman who doesn’t have an abortion doesn’t think this of the utmost importance, they are dumber than I thought
                  Not to diminish the obvious and directly horrifying assault on women, because duh, but if this draft decision is even remotely close to the majority and final decision, the implications go far beyond abortion/healthcare.

So yeah, I agree that even women who do not intend ever to have an abortion - and men who obviously cannot - should be very up in arms over this.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Not to diminish the obvious and directly horrifying assault on women, because duh, but if this draft decision is even remotely close to the majority and final decision, the implications go far beyond abortion/healthcare.

So yeah, I agree that even women who do not intend ever to have an abortion - and men who obviously cannot - should be very up in arms over this.
                    That’s what I was saying when I said right to privacy.

my mind can’t yet grasp how far the fascists will take it

Comment

Be prepared to hear the word "penumbra" used a lot by amateurs and experts alike.

Comment

Seems obvious how far they plan to take it. As far as possible. When you are literally declared property, with no more rights than the couch in my living room, well that's when they will be satisfied.

Of course I'm just unhinged and hysterical.

Comment

Maybe if you explain it as "no more anal," people will get up and vote.

Because killing me won't register. Explain it as no more kinky stuff with their partner...
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Bill unanimously passes senate to provide justices more security.

glad the dems can stand up for sc justices. Women just have to suffer.

so fucking sick of hearing men moan about people standing outside a house. Get the fuck out of my uterus - until then, I don’t care if you or your offspring get peace and quiet .

Comment

• You'd think the Dems would care more about abortion rights seeing as none of them have balls
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The Dems are feckless losers...the kind of annoying brat who whines about doing their best and wonders why no one likes them.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X