Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

    A lot of women don’t know they are pregnant right away. ESP ones not planning to be
    True. But Handy did say "might be". I would hope most women would know if they are in that category or not.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

      True. But Handy did say "might be". I would hope most women would know if they are in that category or not.
      I’d think people who travel to Nola for fun are generally fun loving people, but yeah perhaps it will only be those who don’t have sex lol

      Comment


      • Among the zillions of reasons this is positively horrifying is Alito's claims that unenumerated rights must be "deeply rooted in history" to be valid. You know, like contraceptives, gay marriage, interracial marriage, transition treatment, etc. There have been 50 years of decisions that reference Roe, and with that fundamental bedrock removed...
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          Among the zillions of reasons this is positively horrifying is Alito's claims that unenumerated rights must be "deeply rooted in history" to be valid. You know, like contraceptives, gay marriage, interracial marriage, transition treatment, etc. There have been 50 years of decisions that reference Roe, and with that fundamental bedrock removed...
          Emancipation thingy is on shaky ground now

          sufferage too
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

          Comment


          • …not having to own land to vote
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              Among the zillions of reasons this is positively horrifying is Alito's claims that unenumerated rights must be "deeply rooted in history" to be valid. You know, like contraceptives, gay marriage, interracial marriage, transition treatment, etc. There have been 50 years of decisions that reference Roe, and with that fundamental bedrock removed...
              I’m not gonna pay my student loans back I guess. Not a deeply rooted right for women

              Comment


              • I read a comment joking (joking-ish?) that this draft read like a 2-Law student who just completed his Con Law courses and thinks he knows something, but is just using his (poor) grasp of judicial precedent to validate his pre-conceived conclusion. That this would result in either a straight F or a "re do this, but like, for real next time".
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                Comment


                • What would the Founding Fathers do??!?!?!1/ https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...on-recipe.html

                  Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                  KDR

                  Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                  Test to see if I can add this.

                  Comment


                  • The one thing saving Alaska from those Republican draconian laws is our personal privacy provision in our state constitution and decades of court rulings affirming the right (plus a system that prevents idiots from being appointed to judgeships).

                    In other news, Republicans in Alaska have been pushing for a state constitutional convention for some reason…
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      I read a comment joking (joking-ish?) that this draft read like a 2-Law student who just completed his Con Law courses and thinks he knows something, but is just using his (poor) grasp of judicial precedent to validate his pre-conceived conclusion. That this would result in either a straight F or a "re do this, but like, for real next time".
                      That sounds like Alito.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                      Comment


                      • I've read all the speculation. I've heard all the arguments. The only party that benefits from the leak is the Republicans. No one else. If a liberal leaked this they are stupid beyond belief.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                          I’d think people who travel to Nola for fun are generally fun loving people, but yeah perhaps it will only be those who don’t have sex lol
                          Well even if we stipulate that LA would want to test every woman within their border (I cant think of an airport that could even try to do that they can barely handle having CLEAR lines) what are they gonna go if say you go to LA and they find out you are pregnant? You can't get an abortion there, and you certainly wouldn't go to a doctor there even in NoLa unless you had a severe emergency. They can't force you to stay throughout the pregnancy so you would just fly home here and be safe after your travels. If you are an LA resident though get used to being spied on until the baby is born...

                          Here is where things are going to really destroy this country; as soon as the Supremes uphold any State Law that prohibits pregnant people from going out of state to get an abortion. If we are going to give States ultimate authority and sovereignty then by definition one state can't stop another state from doing what is legal within their borders. If the Supremes decide that is no longer the truth, then for all intents and purposes the Union is dissolved. Each state becomes independent, a nation unto itself. Plus, wouldn't the inverse then be true? If say NoDak can say no NoDaker can come to Minnesota to get an abortion couldn't Minnesota then say no Minnesotan can be denied an abortion in NoDak? Isnt this why the Federal Government exists, so such fighting between the states doesn't occur?

                          We are literally one decision by the Supremes away from basically nullifying the USA.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            We are literally one decision by the Supremes away from basically nullifying the USA.
                            It's murder. If it's murder it's not legal anywhere.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                              Well even if we stipulate that LA would want to test every woman within their border (I cant think of an airport that could even try to do that they can barely handle having CLEAR lines) what are they gonna go if say you go to LA and they find out you are pregnant? You can't get an abortion there, and you certainly wouldn't go to a doctor there even in NoLa unless you had a severe emergency. They can't force you to stay throughout the pregnancy so you would just fly home here and be safe after your travels. If you are an LA resident though get used to being spied on until the baby is born...

                              Here is where things are going to really destroy this country; as soon as the Supremes uphold any State Law that prohibits pregnant people from going out of state to get an abortion. If we are going to give States ultimate authority and sovereignty then by definition one state can't stop another state from doing what is legal within their borders. If the Supremes decide that is no longer the truth, then for all intents and purposes the Union is dissolved. Each state becomes independent, a nation unto itself. Plus, wouldn't the inverse then be true? If say NoDak can say no NoDaker can come to Minnesota to get an abortion couldn't Minnesota then say no Minnesotan can be denied an abortion in NoDak? Isnt this why the Federal Government exists, so such fighting between the states doesn't occur?

                              We are literally one decision by the Supremes away from basically nullifying the USA.
                              https://twitter.com/meidastouch/stat...W3rRUrXsuwFD9w

                              Comment


                              • I am not usually a fan of that crew...but that is a message that needs to be shared.

                                Speaking of people I am not a fan of Tesla says they will cover the costs of their workers who need to leave the state to get an abortion. Methinks MAGA won't be happy with that. Elon really just enjoys being a supervillain and ****ing off all sides.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

                                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

                                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X