Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS, Now with KBJ

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://twitter.com/willy_lowry/stat...17935155679237

    Elizabeth Warren looks so distraught she could choke out Susan Collins with one hand.

    And do the same to Lisa Murkowski in the other hand simultaneously.

    While never breaking eye contact with Joe Manchin.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

    Live Radio from 100.3

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aparch View Post
      https://twitter.com/willy_lowry/stat...17935155679237

      Elizabeth Warren looks so distraught she could choke out Susan Collins with one hand.

      And do the same to Lisa Murkowski in the other hand simultaneously.

      While never breaking eye contact with Joe Manchin.
      That's cause her life on the hill is hard. For those others who only really care about money, it's not so hard to cast those detached votes and cash their checks.
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-03-2022, 01:04 PM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

        I still don't understand the philosophy behind "court-granted" rights

        the whole point is to determine if it was a right to begin with. Correct? And when they decided that the 14th granted that right, that's it. It did.
        The right has confused "rights of people" with "ability to oppress people".

        Do you have a right to an abortion? Nope. Do you have a right to ban abortions? Yes!
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by unofan View Post

          Somebody stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

          Congress would still have power to act under Article I.
          Hasn't it been Sic the moron who's been saying for years that this day would never come, because both sides like the political fight it affords them too much? I know that's Hovey's view too.

          Yeah, shows what he knows. Almost as dumb as Drew.
          Last edited by rufus; 05-03-2022, 01:20 PM.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post


            yep, and I think Kepler said it even earlier than me

            Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Deeply rooted in history is very thinly veiled threat to all post reconstruction rights. Every single one of them.

            You mean like giving the darkies the vote?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

              The right has confused "rights of people" with "ability to oppress people".

              Do you have a right to an abortion? Nope. Do you have a right to ban abortions? Yes!
              Right?! It's just the dumbest possible logic and it works so well on Cletus and his broodsows.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                You mean like giving the darkies the vote?
                Voting? Ha. They already fucked the VRA. The end goal is to make sure they're not even citizens.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  The Federal government certainly has the power to decide the issue. All Congress has to do is pass a law.
                  You are correct; Congress would need to act. However, they have not. And if they did, SCOTUS would have to press the law against A10.

                  In light of Congress' inaction, a prior SCOTUS made a decision. This SCOTUS is questioning that decision/action.


                  Again, this will all fall back to the several States under A10.

                  Roe isn't going away; it's becoming State law.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                  North Dakota Hockey:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                    I still don't understand the philosophy behind "court-granted" rights

                    the whole point is to determine if it was a right to begin with. Correct? And when they decided that the 14th granted that right, that's it. It did.
                    If the Roberts court decides that the Burger court was wrong in the way it originally interpreted the law when it decided Roe, then it can write a new opinion that sets a new precedent. So the self-proclaimed "strict constructionists" could issue a new majority opinion based on the 10th Amendment and basically tell states to do whatever they please with abortion regulations because the Constitution doesn't explicitly say anything about abortion.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                      If the Roberts court decides that the Burger court was wrong in the way it originally interpreted the law when it decided Roe, then it can write a new opinion that sets a new precedent. So the self-proclaimed "strict constructionists" could issue a new majority opinion based on the 10th Amendment and basically tell states to do whatever they please with abortion regulations because the Constitution doesn't explicitly say anything about abortion.
                      Yeah, it was my roundabout way of saying they're full of sh-it and always have been.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Roe isn't going away; it's becoming State law.
                        Feel free to explain that to the woman who was raped or raped by her dad or is dying from pregnancy. Make sure when you do it's in a non-Roe state.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          If the Roberts court decides that the Burger court was wrong in the way it originally interpreted the law when it decided Roe, then it can write a new opinion that sets a new precedent. So the self-proclaimed "strict constructionists" could issue a new majority opinion based on the 10th Amendment and basically tell states to do whatever they please with abortion regulations because the Constitution doesn't explicitly say anything about abortion.
                          There are now 50 states worth of court cases to be litigated and thousands upon thousands of billable hours for the attorneys.

                          Follow the money.
                          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-03-2022, 01:42 PM.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                          North Dakota Hockey:

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                            Feel free to explain that to the woman who was raped or raped by her dad or is dying from pregnancy. Make sure when you do it's in a non-Roe state.
                            One can still cross a state line. Or even move (as I said).
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                            North Dakota Hockey:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              There are now 50 states worth of court cases to be litigated and thousands upon thousands of billable hours for the attorneys.

                              Follow the money.
                              This is nonsensical even by your standards. Some cabal of lawyers schemed to get more caseloads by depriving women of their god-given rights of self determination and agency? Get the fuck out of here with that.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

                                One can still cross a state line. Or even move (as I said).
                                Hey, cool that you're white and rich. And what happens when you go out of state and texas decides it's still a felony to do that?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X