Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Guardians are an option.

And don't tell my fellow Mets fans this, but I have no issue with the Phillies. I root for NL East teams not from slave states if we are eliminated.
    Can't root for Cleveland, my caveman tribalism prevents that. The Phillies are fine, but they did win a WS somewhat recently - and the Padres over the Dodgers bank account is too appealing. Plus the Padres uniforms are fire.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Can't root for Cleveland, my caveman tribalism prevents that.
      Is this a Michigan thing?

I think Cleveland gets a pass from being associated with Ohio. For one thing it's demographically the opposite of Flat West Virginia / Northern Kentucky. For another, Cleveland has been down so long they inspire a lot of sympathy.

I don't even think Cleveland is a Pennsylvania city. I think it's West Buffalo.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• If cheer for San Diego but Machado and Hader prevent me from doing so. The Phillies are absolutely nothing to me, so sure what the hell.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Is this a Michigan thing?

I think Cleveland gets a pass from being associated with Ohio. For one thing it's demographically the opposite of Flat West Virginia / Northern Kentucky. For another, Cleveland has been down so long they inspire a lot of sympathy.

I don't even think Cleveland is a Pennsylvania city. I think it's West Buffalo.
          Sports are the only time it is acceptable for caveman tribalism. Plus they are on the worst lake. By far.

Also, the end of the Padres game was entertaining.
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Former UMaine Baseball player wins it for Houston, cool
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Rangers hire Bruce Bochy as their manager.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Phillies vs. Astros World Series.

Astros in 5.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Phils in six and I can't stand either team.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Astros in 4 to finish off their perfect post-season.

The only way Philly wins a game is Wheeler throws a perfect game.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Astros in 4 to finish off their perfect post-season.

The only way Philly wins a game is Wheeler throws a perfect game.
                      Only two previous times did a team enter the World Series undefeated in the playoffs. They both lost.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• I'm officially better than Angel Hernandez....

You Be the Ump 6/7
                        ✅✅✅✅✅✅⚪️
                        https://nyti.ms/3SJsFaS
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• In my Facebook memories today, I saw my posts from this day when the Red Sox beat the Dodgers in the World Series in 2018. This year's World Series starts today. That's just not right. Question - had the lockout not happened, the World Series would have started a little earlier, correct? Even with the new Wild Card 3-game series? They added games to the end of the original regular season when the lockout ended so no team lost out on games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            In my Facebook memories today, I saw my posts from this day when the Red Sox beat the Dodgers in the World Series in 2018. This year's World Series starts today. That's just not right. Question - had the lockout not happened, the World Series would have started a little earlier, correct? Even with the new Wild Card 3-game series? They added games to the end of the original regular season when the lockout ended so no team lost out on games?
                            It would have saved maybe 3 days. So not a ton.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

It would have saved maybe 3 days. So not a ton.
                              I thought it was more than that. I thought the World Series would not have gone into November. Of course, we can look at next year's schedule to get an idea for that. But I'm too lazy to look...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I thought it was more than that. I thought the World Series would not have gone into November. Of course, we can look at next year's schedule to get an idea for that. But I'm too lazy to look...
                                Even moving it back 6 days, it would be to 10/31. So not much difference.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X