Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is something incredibly wrong with seeing seeds in the score chyron for the MLB postseason.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• So Seattle gets to have some home games afterall. Nice comeback. Crazy one, but nice.

Comment

• A guy at the watch party in Seattle put a shoe on his head and the Mariners started to come back. It spread through the watch party and now #rallyshoe is a thing.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Between crowd noise and pitching changes, the Mets have batted for 40 minutes in the bottom of the 7th and recorded one out.

The shortest 9-inning game in ML history is 51 minutes.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Between crowd noise and pitching changes, the Mets have batted for 40 minutes in the bottom of the 7th and recorded one out.

The shortest 9-inning game in ML history is 51 minutes.
            Yeah when I wrote earlier that I was against pitching clocks in the post season, I was wrong. 15 seconds from end of pitch to release of next pitch.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• I didn't realize that all the games in the Wild Card series were played in the same city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I didn't realize that all the games in the Wild Card series were played in the same city.
                It's like the whole thing is poorly thought out and implemented.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Not having a travel day (or 2) was the smartest thing they did!
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I see your point- but at the same time JF's point is more important- there's already more than enough baseball playoffs- Mr October is going to end up being Mr December if we drag this on much longer. BB should be relieved that so few northern teams are in, so the risk of snow outs or players getting frost bite is left to Cleveland, New York, and Philly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I see your point- but at the same time JF's point is more important- there's already more than enough baseball playoffs- Mr October is going to end up being Mr December if we drag this on much longer. BB should be relieved that so few northern teams are in, so the risk of snow outs or players getting frost bite is left to Cleveland, New York, and Philly.
                      Going back to a single WC game per league would save even more time and actually make sense.

KDR

Comment

Going back to a single WC game per league would save even more time and actually make sense.
                        We all know there is no "going back".
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

We all know there is no "going back".
                          True; no takebacks once additional playoff games are added.

KDR

Comment

It certainly would be nice.

The sad thing is that the DS series will probably go 7 games next. Because income.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

"OK so we'll have a wild-card round, and it will contain 3 wild cards......and a division winner. OK, I guess the NFL kinda does that, so it's not too weird. So we'll have that division winner host one of those games, and the other is hosted by.....a wild card team. So one WC-WC game and one DW-WC game, that makes consistent sense."

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X