Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

New AL record holder and **** whoever says nay.
    FYP. ; )

And if you think Judge isn't on something...
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Braves win and Mets are #1 Wild Card.
      Last edited by joecct; 10-04-2022, 08:58 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

New MLB record holder and **** whoever says nay.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Ahem. Roger Maris still holds the AL record for home runs hit in AL ballparks in a season.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Typical new Yorker
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Under baseball originalism, isn’t the record still 60? Only Ruth and Judge got to 60 by game 154 and Judge didn’t hit 61 until game 155.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Under baseball originalism, isn’t the record still 60? Only Ruth and Judge got to 60 by game 154 and Judge didn’t hit 61 until game 155.
                That's a different record, homeruns per game. The better record is actually homeruns per PA, which is probably held by Ralph Kiner.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Last day of the regular season. I believe every game (or almost every game) is at 4:10. Why is that? I'm going to Fenway, well, just because. I was there last night in the miserable raw, cold rain. Saw what was probably Nathan Eovaldi's last appearance in Sox uniform, and Bogaerts' last home run in a Sox uniform (unless he hits one today) and it was a doozy - TOWERING grand slam. The umps called the game in the bottom of the 5th with two out. I was thinking they could just get that last one, but it was a complete game and on that last play it looked like a player slipped on the wet grass so they stopped the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Last day of the regular season. I believe every game (or almost every game) is at 4:10. Why is that?
                    So if competing teams are dependent on out of town results neither gets an advantage.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So if competing teams are dependent on out of town results neither gets an advantage.
                      Yup, helps prevent possible collusion and match fixing.

4:10pm ET is also 1:10pm PT.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Which today would have been a great setup had they kept the 163rd game, but nooooooooo, they had to do away with that with the expanded wildcard round.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I think it’s more for drama than anything. The common start time came about shortly after the final day of 2011 when the Rays pulled off a giant comeback against New York while the Red Sox were battling the Orioles and the Rays ended up with the wild card.

I don’t think they’ve ever been able to capture that magic again, though. Last year was the closest with like three or four teams battling for the final spot, but if I remember right, while the games were close, there weren’t many lead chances or jockeying positions.

That was the last chance at a game 163 and in one scenario the first and only game 164 would’ve been possible.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• I think more wildcard teams is not actually helping them generate more interest and drama. There is a point when it's too many, and we are past that.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I think more wildcard teams is not actually helping them generate more interest and drama. There is a point when it's too many, and we are past that.
                              It especially blows when you’re team still can’t make it.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Panama qualified for the WBC yesterday. One spot left now between Nicaragua and Brazil.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X