Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you groove a pitch to Albert Pujols?

Keep in mind Denny McLain did to Mickey Mantle (even told him what was coming) back in 1968.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Would you groove a pitch to Albert Pujols?

Keep in mind Denny McLain did to Mickey Mantle (even told him what was coming) back in 1968.
      Al Downing to Hank Aaron.

Also Chan Ho Park to **** Face's Brother, a fitting tribute for the dumbest record holder in sports.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Al Downing to Hank Aaron.

Also Chan Ho Park to **** Face's Brother, a fitting tribute for the dumbest record holder in sports.
        I don't think Downing grooved it or telegraphed what was coming.

Heck, McLain waved at The Mick, told him what was coming and asked where did he want it.

Who's FF?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I don't think Downing grooved it or telegraphed what was coming.

Heck, McLain waved at The Mick, told him what was coming and asked where did he want it.

Who's FF?
          Downing admitted it; said he enshrined his name in Cooperstown.

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don't know who Louis Varland is, but he's pitching for the Twins today.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              I don't know who Louis Varland is, but he's pitching for the Twins today.
              Oh, he gave up a homer to Judge. Obviously no good.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Oh, he gave up a homer to Judge. Obviously no good.
                Seems like a managerial error, in light of the fact that Judge has 55 HR, 118 RBI and 110 runs scored, while the rest of today's NY lineup has a total of 27 HR, 120 RBI and 144 runs scored, batting a collective .230.

Edit. Torres now goes deep as well to tie the game.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I was going to go to the Twins game this coming Sunday but I just can't support this team by buying a ticket until they prove they give a rip about beating teams besides Kansas City and the White Sox. I realize it won't matter to the owners but **** them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I was going to go to the Twins game this coming Sunday but I just can't support this team by buying a ticket until they prove they give a rip about beating teams besides Kansas City and the White Sox. I realize it won't matter to the owners but **** them.
                    Not sure which is worse Twins leading the Tigers 10-6 in their series, or the Twins only leading the Tigers 10-6 in their series.
                    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• New rules. The gist:
                      Major League Baseball passed a sweeping set of rules changes it hopes will fundamentally overhaul the game, voting Friday to implement a pitch clock and ban defensive shifts in 2023 to hasten the game's pace and increase action.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...fensive-shifts
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        voting Friday to implement a pitch clock
                        OK.

ban defensive shifts
                        **** that. Do batters get to request pitches too?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Obvious:

Pitch clock! Whatever time they decided on, cut it in half.

Robot umps for strikes.

End Interleague.

Replace the Homerun Derby with a MLB-wide Old Timers Day.

GET RID OF THE MAN ON SECOND, FOREVER, FFS!!!

Do despite the whining:

Get rid of the DH in both leagues.

Eliminate all trips to the mound except for injuries. You don't need to talk to to the reliever.

Keep the 3 batter rule; expand it to 6.

Allow any shift, batters can adjust or die.

32 teams, 4 x 8 team divisions, no wild cards.

My radical changes:

100-game RS with no games before 4/15 or after 9/15.

7-inning games.

Cornell University

Comment

• 32 teams -- check
                            but 8 divisions of 4 with only division winners making the post season. F the wild card.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

32 teams -- check
                              but 8 divisions of 4 with only division winners making the post season. F the wild card.
                              I liked the WC when it was 2 per league. Then they have to play an extra round to get to where the division winners are. 1 WC didn't make sense, you placed them at the same stage as division winners. 3 WCs doesn't make sense, one of the division winners is penalized. If there are 4 divisions, then yes, just division winners, since there's no way to fit WCs in correctly.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I'd be ok with getting rid of the DH, but I enjoy inter-league play.

In my dream world they'd reduce the regular season from 162 games to 150 which would allow them to shorten the season 2 calendar weeks, and then also remove the WC round, with the Divisional series including the 2nd place team with the best record.

Comment

Working...
                                X