Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seattle Mariners and slugger Julio Rodriguez are finalizing a long-term contract extension that guarantees the rookie standout $210 million over 14 years and could be worth more than $400 million, sources confirmed to ESPN on Friday.

The new contract includes player and team options, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

A rookie.
    Last edited by SonofSouthie; 08-26-2022, 12:09 PM.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      The Seattle Mariners and slugger Julio Rodriguez are finalizing a long-term contract extension that guarantees the rookie standout $210 million over 14 years and could be worth more than $400 million, sources confirmed to ESPN on Friday.

The new contract includes player and team options, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

A rookie.
      Wow, I thought ATL was locking guys up early.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I hate it when people cut onions while I’m watching Ichiro’s speech.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Dammit Ichiro stop being so ****ing wholesome: https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1563651247290195968

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Quiz Time(hats off if anybody knows one): Name three Cy Young Award winners who hit 20 or more career home runs.

Comment

Quiz Time(hats off if anybody knows one): Name three Cy Young Award winners who hit 20 or more career home runs.
              Ruth, Glavine, Ohtani

Edit. Sh*t, Cy Young award started in the '50s.

Scratch Ruth. Replace with Sandy Koufax.
              Last edited by aparch; 08-29-2022, 08:29 AM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Ruth, Glavine, Ohtani
                Ohtani hasn't won the award.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Ohtani hasn't won the award.
                  Oh snap, really? How has he not had it?

I would have just gone Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz, but I don't remember Smoltzy having a good hitting career.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• If you only count the homeruns hit while pitching*, Ruth may not have 20 homeruns. Since Ohtani does not bat when he pitches AFAIK, he neither.

* I've always thought those records should be the ones that are relevant.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Quiz Time(hats off if anybody knows one): Name three Cy Young Award winners who hit 20 or more career home runs.
                      That's a good question. For some reason I seem to recall that Bob Gibson hit a bunch of home runs, but I don't know if he hit 20. Madison Bumgarner has hit a bunch of home runs, too. If I had to bet a modern guy, I'd bet on him. My guess is that it's a bunch of guys from the 50's to the 70's when pitchers from both leagues were hitting.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Warren Spahn (35), Don Drysdale (29), and Bob Gibson (24).

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

That's a good question. For some reason I seem to recall that Bob Gibson hit a bunch of home runs, but I don't know if he hit 20. Madison Bumgarner has hit a bunch of home runs, too. If I had to bet a modern guy, I'd bet on him. My guess is that it's a bunch of guys from the 50's to the 70's when pitchers from both leagues were hitting.
                          Madison Bumgarner has also never won the cy.

https://www.mlb.com/awards/cy-young
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Madison Bumgarner has also never won the cy.

https://www.mlb.com/awards/cy-young
                            Huh, interesting. I would have lost that bet. I would have guessed that he won at least one with SF.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Huh, interesting. I would have lost that bet. I would have guessed that he won at least one with SF.
                              2014 & 2016 he finished 4th in the voting. That's a close as he came.
                              A tip of the cap for mentioning Gibson though.

Comment

His big moments were more in the postseason. Lincecum however won two in a row before the WS years.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X