Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Craig Counsell narrowed his rose pick to two teams: staying with his boyhood team where he became the franchise's winningest manager, or following his long term GM pal David Stern and becoming a NY Met.

Instead, the Cubs swoop in and hire him before notifying David Ross of their plan.

Carlos Mendoza hired by the Mets away from the Yankees.

And now the Brewers need a new skipper...
    And the Cubs are paying him...being reported as 40 mil over 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Craig Counsell narrowed his rose pick to two teams: staying with his boyhood team where he became the franchise's winningest manager, or following his long term GM pal David Stern and becoming a NY Met.

Instead, the Cubs swoop in and hire him before notifying David Ross of their plan.

Carlos Mendoza hired by the Mets away from the Yankees.

And now the Brewers need a new skipper...

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

The story behind the link to the Tigers and Colonel Sanders is wild.

Good for them!
    Japanese baseball as a whole is wild. I’ve gone down the rabbit hole on NPB and it is fascinating stuff.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    For the first time since 1985 the Hanshin Tigers are Japan Series champions.

They celebrated by tossing a guy dressed as Colonel Sanders into the river.
    The story behind the link to the Tigers and Colonel Sanders is wild.

Good for them!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    For the first time since 1985 the Hanshin Tigers are Japan Series champions.

They celebrated by tossing a guy dressed as Colonel Sanders into the river.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Reminds me of the dig Mark Grace gave to the Cubs after winning the World Series with the DBacks. After playing the first 13 of his 16 major league seasons on Chicago's north side, he said upon winning a World Series with Arizona "I wasn't good enough to play first base for the Chicago Cubs, but I was good enough to play first base for the World Champions."

"It's great to be with a wiener." - Luis Tiant

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It is kind of funny that the Rangers won the WS, lead by two pitchers that the Yankees didn't believe were good enough to win in the post-season. 8 of the Rangers 13 wins.
    Reminds me of the dig Mark Grace gave to the Cubs after winning the World Series with the DBacks. After playing the first 13 of his 16 major league seasons on Chicago's north side, he said upon winning a World Series with Arizona "I wasn't good enough to play first base for the Chicago Cubs, but I was good enough to play first base for the World Champions."

And Bruce Bochy sure does know how to win a world series.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It is kind of funny that the Rangers won the WS, lead by two pitchers that the Yankees didn't believe were good enough to win in the post-season. 8 of the Rangers 13 wins.
    Oh, trust me. Us Yankees fans are fully aware of this... (I never could understand the Montgomery trade. Useless in the end.)

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I didn't watch or have much interest in the World Series but am happy Nate Eovaldi got another ring and I do like that a team that has never won a World Series finally won one.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Rangers win in five. Likely to be the lowest watch series. Games 1 and 5 were interesting. The rest were snoozers.
    I like Bochy winning with another team, the same team he beat for his first ring. Beyond that, meh. Will be interesting to see if Ted Cruz now pretends he's a Rangers fan and tries to join the parade; he got pretty upset when his daughter switched teams.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Over in Japan, the Hanshin Tigers are one win away from their first Japan Series title since 1985.

KFC’s across the Kansai region moving quickly to shutter their Colonel Sanders statues…

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    I'm excited to see a new pbp person for the Twins. I actively avoided home broadcasts because of Bremer and nearly every color commentator they rotated through.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I didn't watch or have much interest in the World Series but am happy Nate Eovaldi got another ring and I do like that a team that has never won a World Series finally won one.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

“Retires” doesn’t feel right. I know it is the word that’s been used, but something is fishy.
    Yeah reading more it sounds like it was not mutual and he was kicked upstairs.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Twins will be looking for a new TV network and a new TV play by play man...
    Dick Bremer retires after 40 years in the booth
    “Retires” doesn’t feel right. I know it is the word that’s been used, but something is fishy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X