Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Tbf, not seeing the Tigers this season might be the best part of the deal.
    Well you're not wrong. Especially with the current broadcast crew.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Welcome to the sports world of 2023 and beyond...
    I forgot about the Apple Friday game. But yeah, getting more and more fragmented.

And there's the Peacock game. Currently don't have it, but since Big Ten basketball is apparently going to be featured somewhat frequently on there, might need to.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• The fragmenting is irking me. I pay MLB for MLB.tv so I can watch all the out of town games. I understand the Mouse is a behemoth and Sunday Night Baseball will never be available on MLB.tv. There was a good stretch of two or three years where I could watch every Out-of-Market game, minus ESPN SNB, for one price.

Now they're piecing out the games again, and *raising* my MLB.tv price. I wanted MLB.tv to get away from the fragmentation. They're losing their way.

If they're going to piece out games, how about offering MLBNet via the MLB.tv app? They could black out the live games since those are already covered MLB.tv.

Side note, they also promised in-market availability via the MLB.tv app. And that's never arrived either.

Oh, I was happy to hear that all MiLB games would be streamed. I was hoping they would finally put them on MLB.tv instead of a separate MLB app, but nope, they agreed to put all the games on Bally Sports' app. *rolleyes*

They're really letting MLBAM go to hell.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• When did they promise the in-market for MLB.tv?

I've heard of it being a possibility, but only for clubs whose contracts Bally kills during their bankruptcy. Currently there are four teams named as losing TV from Bally (CLE, CIN, ARI, SD), but a report came out and said six were being considered while only naming four, so there are two others possibly out there.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          When did they promise the in-market for MLB.tv?
          https://nypost.com/2021/10/17/mlb-in...or-home-games/
          https://www.engadget.com/mlb-home-ga...174132524.html
          https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2021...ames-in-market
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Ah, so awhile ago at this point. I think we'll see that sooner or later. With Bally trying to get out of certain contracts and AT&T giving up their networks, it's only a matter of time.

I wonder what a price point will be for one that has ALL the games, though. MLS is 80, but MLB is currently $150 for non-in-market. I would have to think in-market would make that jump to at least $200.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• MLB and MLBPA agree to a deal for minor leaguers.

Pay increases:
              Complex league: From $4,800 per year to $19,800 Low-A: $11,000 to $26,200
              High-A: $11,000 to $27,300
              AA: $13,800 to $30,250
              AAA: $17,500 to $35,800
              Players will be paid almost year-round, aside from a six-week break in the winter.

However, it does cut their reserve list from 180 to 165.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...wZFJ8zBRgGpPbw

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

MLB and MLBPA agree to a deal for minor leaguers.

Pay increases:
                Complex league: From $4,800 per year to $19,800 Low-A: $11,000 to $26,200
                High-A: $11,000 to $27,300
                AA: $13,800 to $30,250
                AAA: $17,500 to $35,800
                Players will be paid almost year-round, aside from a six-week break in the winter.

However, it does cut their reserve list from 180 to 165.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...wZFJ8zBRgGpPbw
                Seems pretty low for the players.
                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Seems pretty low for the players.
                  Players in the minors have never gotten paid. Sure, top prospects were able to get a decent signing bonus up front, but many were making close to minimum wage.

I worked in the front office of the Tennessee Smokies (Cubs AA affiliate) for the 2009 season. My internship paid $1000/month. There were players making that same amount.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Happy Opening Day peeps! Gets earlier every year it seems. These games should all be played in warm weather markets. Opening Day at Fenway today will be in the 30s with the wind chill. Glad I'm not going. Last year it was in the 60s! But it was also mid April because of the delay in the start of the season with the lockout.

Any. Way. Can't/Won't be able to deal with baseball till the Frozen Four is over.

Comment

• Full day today. Probably have the Giants/Yankees on in the background while working. Then catch a little bit of Brewers/Cubs before the Twins/Royals start at 4 pm.

Wrap up with White Sox/Astros and if i can't sleep, Guardians/Mariners.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Opening day on a Thursday instead of Monday is wrong. Now get off my lawn while I put an onion on my belt.

Comment

• - Judge. 1st HR of the year.
                          - Acuna Jr. had 1st hit of the season as far as I can tell.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Verlander to the IL with a muscle strain.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              - Judge. 1st HR of the year.
                              Really rubbing it in to the Giants, huh?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Verlander to the IL with a muscle strain.
                                "There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said -- no. But somehow we missed it."

― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X