Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go. 3-2 in the 9th. McNeil, Betts, Trout due up.

Ohtani on the bump.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Well, baseball peaked in March this year.

Ohtani strikes out Trout to win the WBC. Blows a couple 100mph fastballs by him and ends it on a 3-2 slider. Literally could not write it better.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 03-21-2023, 10:04 PM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Can a front page win a Pulitzer?

Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• TIL that Ken Griffey Jr is the 4th highest paid player on the Reds roster.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Speaking of The Kid, I learned that he refused to sign with the Atlanta Braves because Bobby Cox would not allow children in the clubhouse.

I knew about his reason to personally hate the Yankees, but didn't know about the Braves.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              TIL that Ken Griffey Jr is the 4th highest paid player on the Reds roster.
              People are using it as LOLReds but just as with Bobby Bonilla Day it misses the point.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://***********/pitchingninja/st...wZFJ8zBRgGpPbw

A’s and Giants and all four umpires believe second out of the 6th inning is the third out, despite it only being the third batter grounding into a fielders choice.

They did eventually come back out and finish the top half of the 6th.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• The Giants first 8 games are against the AL?!
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

People are using it as LOLReds but just as with Bobby Bonilla Day it misses the point.
                    Wasn't this part of a deferred payment plan?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• The schedule format changed this year. Every team will now play eachother.

13x vs division
                      6x vs ten non-division league
                      7x vs remaining four non-division league
                      4x vs interleague rival
                      3x vs interleague

So three straight interleague series for SF doesn’t seem too outlandish.
                      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 03-27-2023, 09:38 AM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Just thought it an odd way to open the season. The Red Sox open at home with 4 with the O's, 3 with Pitt, and then hit the road.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Just thought it an odd way to open the season. The Red Sox open at home with 4 with the O's, 3 with Pitt, and then hit the road.
                          I think the weirdest thing is getting sent to NY for the season opener. Looking at the schedule only Cleveland and SF have to go multiple timezones and they’re getting sent 3 away. The only other teams are AZ and CO (always moving because of MT time) and Toronto, but they’re all just moving one timezone.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• With YoutubeTV dropping MLBN, I’m down to ESPN, TBS, and FS1 for baseball. ESPN only has one game opening day.

I saw where you can get 50% off MLBTV for joining the MLB Alumni Association for 20 bucks, but that’s still 75 bucks to not be able to see the Tigers and having to switch to an entirely different app when I want to throw a game on.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              With YoutubeTV dropping MLBN, I’m down to ESPN, TBS, and FS1 for baseball. ESPN only has one game opening day.

I saw where you can get 50% off MLBTV for joining the MLB Alumni Association for 20 bucks, but that’s still 75 bucks to not be able to see the Tigers and having to switch to an entirely different app when I want to throw a game on.
                              Tbf, not seeing the Tigers this season might be the best part of the deal.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                With YoutubeTV dropping MLBN, I’m down to ESPN, TBS, and FS1 for baseball. ESPN only has one game opening day.

Welcome to the sports world of 2023 and beyond...
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X