Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dimensions at Comerica Park are being altered to make it more hitter friendly.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      The dimensions at Comerica Park are being altered to make it more hitter friendly.
      Again? Haven't they already moved the fences in 30 feet? I'm pretty sure when the park opened the bullpen were located along the foul lines and not in left field.

And they're bringing them further in?

Amazon boxes are going to be bigger than Comerica Park.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        The dimensions at Comerica Park are being altered to make it more hitter friendly.
        Jesus Christ. Just move all games to Williamsport. **** me.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• You know what? **** this. I hate it. Like, I'm bothered by this. Why don't we just have no fielders? Just have them clean up outs in the 32-team playoff home run derby.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I did a little digging. Turns out Comerica will still have a generous outfield. The new dimensions will make it *just* a hair smaller than Mackinac Island State Park. Comerica is a much bigger park than I thought it was.

http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/ComericaPark.html

They're only moving in center field, from 420 down to 412, will be second deepest in the majors now, giving Coors Field the top spot.

One thing I do find interesting is the center field, right center field, and right field wall are all being lowered to seven foot tall, which should mean more stolen homers.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I did a little digging. Turns out Comerica will still have a generous outfield. The new dimensions will make it *just* a hair smaller than Mackinac Island State Park. Comerica is a much bigger park than I thought it was.

http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/ComericaPark.html

They're only moving in center field, from 420 down to 412, will be second deepest in the majors now, giving Coors Field the top spot.

One thing I do find interesting is the center field, right center field, and right field wall are all being lowered to seven foot tall, which should mean more stolen homers.
              Old, now, but a good infographic

https://twistedsifter.com/wp-content...nfographic.jpg
              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I love that it also shows where the infield sand is.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Automated Ball/Strike calls take another step forward

Lindsey hit's the nail on the head with her commentary here. If we rely fully on the computer, we're gonna have some real issues with how pitches are called. She's right with how often the system is not correct (especially regarding height and/or body proportions).

I'm almost wondering if we're coming to a point to where EVERY MLB player will just have a physical done where precise height measurements are taken and recorded. They are then given a "strike zone height" based on those measurements (like between 16.4" and 49.7"above the ground or whatever those numbers may be).
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Dammit. Twins are trading Arraez to the Marlins for RHP Pablo Lopez. Not sure I'm a huge fan of this...
                    Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Dammit. Twins are trading Arraez to the Marlins for RHP Pablo Lopez. Not sure I'm a huge fan of this...
                      They need pitching, and preferably controllable assets.

I like Arraez, but he doesn't have a natural fit as a corner infielder. Due to his total lack of power. So then he profiles as a bench player since our middle infield is set.

also, Arraez is about to get a payday in arbitration I assume.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Ok, we've got an IF prospect (Jose Salas) and another unnamed coming withl. This seems a bit better.

Edit: Described as "one is a top prospect". Not sure I'd call Salas a "top prospect" but we're still waiting on that second name

Edit 2: Reiner or Byron Chourio is the other. THere's a lot of confusion
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-20-2023, 02:21 PM.
                        Code:

Comment

• Jeff Passan:

Full trade, per ESPN sources: Marlins receive: 2B Luis Arr�¡ez Twins receive: RHP Pablo L�³pez, SS Jose Salas, OF Byron Chourio

Seems like Lopez is going to be a decent option for 4-5 in the rotation. Not sure what that means for the guys there now. Seems like Salas is a really solid prospect. Switch hitter, fast, likely sticking at SS. Might be a good option when Correa's ankle falls off. Should be about the same timetable.

Edit: Actually, looking at the projected rotation, Lopez could figure in much higher than that.
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-20-2023, 02:39 PM.
                          Code:

Comment

• Twins trade for another outfielder. Albeit right handed. Michael A. Taylor.

If they don't trade some of the left hand bats before the season i have no idea whats going on.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Scott Rolen was the only player elected to the Hall.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Due to MLB’s limit on four jerseys per team, the Mariners will not have a grey jersey.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/01...ames/baseball/

Teams have been without grey before, like the powder blue era and the Padres sand jerseys, but this has gotta be a first for the modern era where a team doesn’t have a road-only jersey. The Astros basically wore red every road game their last couple years in the NL, but they still wore it at home as well. The last paragraph of the article makes it sound like the M’s won’t be alone in this, though. The Padres are wearing brown as their road jersey and rumors that the Rays will get rid of grey too.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X