Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once the Twins are out of contention this summer they can flip Correa to the Mets anyways. Ha
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Once the Twins are out of contention this summer they can flip Correa to the Mets anyways. Ha
        Be especially hilarious because they don’t really have any pieces to deal. “Correa to the Mets for $200M cash.”
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Be especially hilarious because they don’t really have any pieces to deal. “Correa to the Mets for $200M cash.”
          "My offer is... one dollar."
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Apparently the Mets were at 6/$157mm and then have physicals every year to get additional 6 years. Which if the case, is a joke. Players would never agree to that.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Apparently the Mets were at 6/$157mm and then have physicals every year to get additional 6 years. Which if the case, is a joke. Players would never agree to that.
              I like that we tried that deal, though. I am fine with SAC and Eppler playing smart.

God I am so glad the Ponzis are gone. Ding, dong, the witch is dead.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

"My offer is... one dollar."
                A second for the next 20 years.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Apparently the Mets were at 6/$157mm and then have physicals every year to get additional 6 years. Which if the case, is a joke. Players would never agree to that.
                  Which is how football works. And I agree with you.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Twins presser at 11:30 am central.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• I had MLB Network on last night when I got home and they were replaying Mad Dog Russo's hour talk show. He was absolutely sh*tting all over the entire Twins organization.

One thing he kept reiterating (other than providing bulletin board material for the entire team in how they'll never amount to WS contenders even if he got a 12 year deal) was how awkward that presser is going to be when he starts talking about how he always wanted to stay a Twin, loves the area snd organization, blah blah blah; when the Twins were at best his third option.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I had MLB Network on last night when I got home and they were replaying Mad Dog Russo's hour talk show. He was absolutely sh*tting all over the entire Twins organization.

One thing he kept reiterating (other than providing bulletin board material for the entire team in how they'll never amount to WS contenders even if he got a 12 year deal) was how awkward that presser is going to be when he starts talking about how he always wanted to stay a Twin, loves the area snd organization, blah blah blah; when the Twins were at best his third option.
                        That's kind of his shtick. So no surprise.

I dont think its disingenuous to say he loves the org. But $350mm and a lot of years is too much to pass up. Similar with the $315mm from Mets.

He's not obligated to take a pay cut just because he liked his time here.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• In order to combat the visiting team from not getting enough home runs, the Tigers decided to move in center field by 10 feet, and lower all the walls in the outfield to 7 feet. Personally, I'd rather see the park be as they are currently.
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

That's kind of his shtick. So no surprise.

I dont think its disingenuous to say he loves the org. But $350mm and a lot of years is too much to pass up. Similar with the $315mm from Mets.

He's not obligated to take a pay cut just because he liked his time here.
                            Yeah, Russo cut his teeth talking to New Yorkers, where it's not important whether what you are saying makes any sense, only that you shout it.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• If there's anyone I'd listen to less than an east coast sports shock jock, i haven't found it (much less someone with a stupid ****ing name like Mad Dog)
                              Code:

Comment

• Don't judge me. I was too lazy to turn the channel. We leave MLB Network on for our dogs during the day. (Long story)
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X