Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Are you sure about this? I always thought if the pitcher was removed the team lost their DH, even if it was the same guy.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-a...ei-ohtani-rule

"The proposed new rule says that if the starting pitcher is also in the lineup as the DH, then that player can remain as the DH even if he is removed as a pitcher."

Additional changes:
    - 2 extra roster players for April
    - Runner on 2nd to start extra innings for all of 2022 only.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 03-23-2022, 07:07 AM.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-a...ei-ohtani-rule

"The proposed new rule says that if the starting pitcher is also in the lineup as the DH, then that player can remain as the DH even if he is removed as a pitcher."
      Oh. An Ohtani Rule. I think it is fair.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh. An Ohtani Rule. I think it is fair.
        I can see the Brewers taking advantage of that one as well.

Also, booooooo to bringing back the extra innings runner on second. MLB Network heard it may have been implemented starting with the 12th inning which I like better. But oh well.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I can see the Brewers taking advantage of that one as well.

Also, booooooo to bringing back the extra innings runner on second. MLB Network heard it may have been implemented starting with the 12th inning which I like better. But oh well.
          That would be a good compromise.

Comment

I would rather have a game end in a tie after the tenth inning than have a runner on second to start an inning.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Uggh, then they should have stopped at two WC teams. That made sense. If you don't win your division, you have to play the extra game. One WC team didn't punish the WC team enough, more than 2 punishes division winners. How hard was this to understand?
              Yeah, 2 WC is probably the best option. It's manfried. If it can be ****ed, it will be.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                I would rather have a game end in a tie after the tenth inning than have a runner on second to start an inning.
                Yeah, I don't get America's borderline neurotic avoidance of ties. We invent so many rube-goldberg-assmode reindeer games just to avoid a tie.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Charlie Steiner straight up calling Cleveland the Indians 99% of the time while doing today's spring game.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Charlie Steiner straight up calling Cleveland the Indians 99% of the time while doing today's spring game.
                    Charley,come on out and get ya whooping’!
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Are you sure about this? I always thought if the pitcher was removed the team lost their DH, even if it was the same guy.
                      You're thinking of the "Double Hook" rule that was one of the test rules in the South Atlantic (?) league... That was where the DH was yanked when the starter was removed and reliever's hit for themselves....

MLB will allow the pitcher to continue hitting... This is basically Othani and that's it... Everyone else will use the DH traditionally 99% of the time.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The new DH rule is pretty much the Player/DH rule that high school has had for a couple years. Odd seeing a rule move up the chain. Although with shortened DHs and the international tiebreaker in extra innings I guess that’s becoming more common in baseball.

In the other sports it almost always goes pro > college > high school.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          The new DH rule is pretty much the Player/DH rule that high school has had for a couple years. Odd seeing a rule move up the chain. Although with shortened DHs and the international tiebreaker in extra innings I guess that’s becoming more common in baseball.

In the other sports it almost always goes pro > college > high school.
                          A Player DH-ing for themselves has been a thing in college for years. It's always a stud athlete who pitches, but has a fragile arm and/or ZERO control at times.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Literally like three days ago:
                            Adams: I will not cave the vaccination mandate for workers in NYC.

Yesterday:
                            Adams: I have caved and allowed exceptions for professional athletes and performers.

So, Yankees and Mets can breathe a little. But the mandate still applies for games in Toronto. Some are complaining it’s an advantage for the Jays, but they’re technically at a disadvantage because it applies to half their games instead of 3-10. They just happen to be super cool and 100% vaxxed so they’re good for all 162.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Literally like three days ago:
                              Adams: I will not cave the vaccination mandate for workers in NYC.

Yesterday:
                              Adams: I have caved and allowed exceptions for professional athletes and performers.

So, Yankees and Mets can breathe a little.
                              God, this is so dumb. I would absolutely have been willing to have every non-vaxxed Met lose all that money, and the Mets lose those games, just for a teachable moment.

But nope. Superstition > science and greed > both.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

A Player DH-ing for themselves has been a thing in college for years. It's always a stud athlete who pitches, but has a fragile arm and/or ZERO control at times.
                                *Says an umpire who’s undoubtedly been beaned by said pitcher*

;-)
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X