Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Schwarber to Phillies to join Castellanos. Fun fact: the Phillies had the worst defense in MLB last year and added the statistically two worst available OFs to it. Gonna be a lot of bloopers coming from there.

JFC the NL East is going to be murderers row though. Mets, Braves, and Phillies all adding bigly. The Nats are going to lose 110 games.
    The Phillies can't field the ball and their rotation is suspect to me. So they will have to win every game 9-7 to have any chance.

Strasburg/Corbin is better than Wheeler/Nola.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Oh boo. I liked Kyle Schwarber. He had some fun at bats during the playoffs for the Red Sox last fall. I'll miss him.

Comment

I guess today's arbitration deadline (1 pm) is part of the hold up in any pitching moves by the Twins. I don't really see why. It's not like the pitchers they are interested in are going to break the bank, even if they win their hearings.
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So, a somewhat ethical question for all of you - my Red Sox season ticket package is for weekday games, Monday through Friday only with the exception of Opening Day and Patriots Day. I received my email from my account manager letting all of know a few things - the six games initially cancelled have been added back into the schedule and that the credit we were going to get from them for those games has been cancelled. Which makes sense. I open up the MLB Ballpark app where they load the tickets and what do I see? Tickets for Opening Day! I am torn between not asking if it was a mistake and keeping my mouth shut and going to the game. I would have that maybe they would have mentioned something like "Hey, thanks for you 50+ years as a STH!" Or "we appreciate you keeping your STH payment with us while we worked this out so these tickets are a thank you."

My fear is I go to the game and someone is sitting there. But I have tickets so I have to think they won't re-sell them. Right?

I can be too honest at times.

Comment

Scarlet. You likely have opening day because of the cancelations. I don't see it as a mistake. You get to keep the games you had, regardless of the schedule change. Those with the original opening day tickets will still get to see that game, just at the end of the year instead.
            Last edited by JF_Gophers; 03-22-2022, 10:54 AM.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Scarlet. You likely have opening day because of the cancelations. I don't see it as a mistake. You get to keep the games you had, regardless of the schedule change. Those with the original opening day tickets will still get to see that game, just at the end of the year instead.
              I thought of that, but I do not have tickets for the Patriots Day game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I thought of that, but I do not have tickets for the Patriots Day game.
                Because that part of the schedule didn't change. I believe just the first 2 series were moved around. Added to double headers and off days. So if Patriots Day is the same team/time it was before, it makes sense. Unless I am missing something (which is possible). I read it as you saying you dont get patriots day normally.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Because that part of the schedule didn't change. I believe just the first 2 series were moved around. Added to double headers and off days. So if Patriots Day is the same team/time it was before, it makes sense. Unless I am missing something (which is possible). I read it as you saying you dont get patriots day normally.
                  Patriots Day is now the Monday after Opening Day and it's part of the four game series with the Twins (Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon). What I'm wondering is - did regular Opening Day tickets ever go on sale? Not sure. I think I will just keep my mouth shut and go to the game.

Comment

So, a somewhat ethical question for all of you
                    I don't it as unethical at all for you to go to this game if the Sox emailed you a ticket to it. If a mistake was made (which I doubt), its on the team isn't it? The only thing I'd wonder about it how much of a hassle is it to get to and from the ballpark? If it was a mistake and your email didn't gain you access for some reason it would have sucked to drive 2 hours only to find out you can't get in. I say go, have a blast and hopefully the weather is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I don't it as unethical at all for you to go to this game if the Sox emailed you a ticket to it. If a mistake was made (which I doubt), its on the team isn't it? The only thing I'd wonder about it how much of a hassle is it to get to and from the ballpark? If it was a mistake and your email didn't gain you access for some reason it would have sucked to drive 2 hours only to find out you can't get in. I say go, have a blast and hopefully the weather is nice.
                      This is my only issue with it: having ****ed up once will they then **** you to compensate?

So have a back up plan. If you can't get into the game poison the water supply or do something useful with the day. The Pru is still there, waiting to be dynamited.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, a somewhat ethical question for all of you - my Red Sox season ticket package is for weekday games, Monday through Friday only with the exception of Opening Day and Patriots Day. I received my email from my account manager letting all of know a few things - the six games initially cancelled have been added back into the schedule and that the credit we were going to get from them for those games has been cancelled. Which makes sense. I open up the MLB Ballpark app where they load the tickets and what do I see? Tickets for Opening Day! I am torn between not asking if it was a mistake and keeping my mouth shut and going to the game. I would have that maybe they would have mentioned something like "Hey, thanks for you 50+ years as a STH!" Or "we appreciate you keeping your STH payment with us while we worked this out so these tickets are a thank you."

My fear is I go to the game and someone is sitting there. But I have tickets so I have to think they won't re-sell them. Right?

I can be too honest at times.
                        Move the tickets to your digital wallet and GO TO THE GAME.

I can't believe I'm helping out a Red Sox fan...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Move the tickets to your digital wallet and GO TO THE GAME.

I can't believe I'm helping out a Red Sox fan...
                          They're in the MLB Ballpark app. I can't move them to a digital wallet. They live there. If I sell tickets (which I do on occasion) I email to someone and that someone has to have the MLB Ballpark app, they click on the link in the email and the tickets move to that person's app.

WeAreNDHockey - it's not a hassle. I live close. I will have to pay to park - that will be the only hassle. Since it's a day game, I will most likely not be able to get a meter on BU's campus like I do for night games. If I wind up paying all that money and not get in, well, I may need to provide my niece with the bail money she will need to get me out of jail for the **** I will pull.

Comment

I guess today's arbitration deadline (1 pm) is part of the hold up in any pitching moves by the Twins. I don't really see why. It's not like the pitchers they are interested in are going to break the bank, even if they win their hearings.
                            Montas got $5m, and Manaea got $9m in arbitration deals.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Hey Kepler, how do you feel about Shohei Ohtani DHing for himself?

Cause that will be legal in MLB this year, ha ha... You can have the best of both worlds now!

Explanation: A Player can DH for himself. When he is removed from the mound, he continues to DH while the new pitcher fulfills the defensive component.

It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                A Player can DH for himself. When he is removed from the mound, he continues to DH while the new pitcher fulfills the defensive component.
                                Are you sure about this? I always thought if the pitcher was removed the team lost their DH, even if it was the same guy.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X