Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It has a ton to do with the baserunners. Odds are you have some fat clod on base when a third of your players on base
    The only runner who could conceivably prevent an inside the park slam is the guy on first. The 2 lead runners could jog in. Even then, given he'll have about a 110 foot head start, he shouldn't really impact the batter running the bases unless he's a catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The only runner who could conceivably prevent an inside the park slam is the guy on first. The 2 lead runners could jog in. Even then, given he'll have about a 110 foot head start, he shouldn't really impact the batter running the bases unless he's a catcher.
      Hey, Willians Astudillo is quick for his size!
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        An inside the park grand slam should never happen. And not in a quadrillion years inside Fenway.
        Believe there were 2outs
        runners should be going on contact

not all that hard to imagine
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Believe there were 2outs
          runners should be going on contact

not all that hard to imagine
          That makes more sense then
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Nolan Arenado, Paul Goldschmidt, and Austin Romine won’t be taking the trip to Toronto for the Cards this week because they aren’t vaccinated. Miles Mikolas also decided to share that he now wishes he didn’t get vaccinated.

Pitcher Johan Oviedo at this point isn’t making the trip due to an expired passport, but he’s in Miami trying to get everything in order.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• The clock has started on the professional baseball career of a man with a chance to have the greatest name in MLB history.

The Mets have signed their draftee Zebulon Vermillion.

Last edited by Kepler; 07-25-2022, 09:20 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The clock has started on the professional baseball career of a man with a chance to have the greatest name in MLB history.

The Mets have signed their draftee Zebulon Vermillion.

When did futurama come out again? 1999?

That checks

edit: apparently it's Hebrew. I'm sticking with DOOPish
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Nolan Arenado, Paul Goldschmidt, and Austin Romine won’t be taking the trip to Toronto for the Cards this week because they aren’t vaccinated. Miles Mikolas also decided to share that he now wishes he didn’t get vaccinated.

Pitcher Johan Oviedo at this point isn’t making the trip due to an expired passport, but he’s in Miami trying to get everything in order.
                  These guys will shove a needle full of steroids up their dick if some meathead at the gym convinces them they won't get caught, but they won't believe that a vaccine that has literally been given over 600,000,000 times in the US alone is a danger to them. I really hope Toronto makes the playoffs and goes to the World Series and some team will have to leave a superstar home for games north of the border. Goldschmidt is already having an MVP type year. Imagine 3 or 4 games in Toronto for all the marbles without him. Or if LA made it and someone like Trea Turner or Freddie Freeman had to be left behind (I have no idea about their vax staus, just using examples)

Comment

• Modes ponens

Most jocks are conservative.
                    All conservatives are morons.
                    --------------------------------
                    Most jocks are morons.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Not sure I've seen too many teams playing .500 baseball in last place in their division bit there lie the Red Sox.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        It's the 2nd IPH grand slam in Blue Jays history(Junior Felix in 1989 @ Fenway).
                        The 11 runs Toronto scored in the 5th all came with 2 outs.
                        Most runs allowed in 3-game span, since at least 1901: 1950 St. Louis Browns - 56, 2022 Sawx - 55.
                        I hope Scarlet wasn't in attendance last night for that debacle.
                        Scarlet was recovering from some oral surgery and that was probably better than witnessing that...that...whatever that was. My niece went, she left after the 5th. Then came down with COVID on Sunday. Coincidence?

I was there last night to see the Red Sox honor David Ortiz. It was really nice. Yaz was there!!!! Overall it was a great ceremony. Then I found out the 2004 World Series super huge banner they unfurled on the field was held by long time season ticket holders. There had to have been close to 100 people (did I mention the banner was super huge?). Now, I'm not saying there aren't but my family has had these tickets for 54 years. Even if there are plenty of season ticket holders with more years than me, what was the cut off, I'm wondering. I never received a notification about it. Harrumph. Then the game totally sucked. I left after the third inning. Thankfully I was by myself and didn't have to worry about someone who might have wanted to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Scarlet was recovering from some oral surgery and that was probably better than witnessing that...that...whatever that was. My niece went, she left after the 5th. Then came down with COVID on Sunday. Coincidence?

I was there last night to see the Red Sox honor David Ortiz. It was really nice. Yaz was there!!!! Overall it was a great ceremony. Then I found out the 2004 World Series super huge banner they unfurled on the field was held by long time season ticket holders. There had to have been close to 100 people (did I mention the banner was super huge?). Now, I'm not saying there aren't but my family has had these tickets for 54 years. Even if there are plenty of season ticket holders with more years than me, what was the cut off, I'm wondering. I never received a notification about it. Harrumph. Then the game totally sucked. I left after the third inning. Thankfully I was by myself and didn't have to worry about someone who might have wanted to stay.
                          Hope your and your niece are feeling better. Not sure how the banner thingy worked out. Maybe they did some sort of lottery and only notified the winners. My Giants? Don't ask. 6 game losing streak and closer to last place in the NLW than a WC spot. This pretty much sums them up,

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...thairo-estrada

Comment

Hope your and your niece are feeling better. Not sure how the banner thingy worked out. Maybe they did some sort of lottery and only notified the winners. My Giants? Don't ask. 6 game losing streak and closer to last place in the NLW than a WC spot. This pretty much sums them up,

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...thairo-estrada
                            Kinda felt like they were on borrowed time for awhile before the complete rebuild is necessary.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Not sure I've seen too many teams playing .500 baseball in last place in their division bit there lie the Red Sox.
                              It's easier with tiny divisions.

4 x 8 is The Way.

And FFS abolish interleague.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• before the complete rebuild is necessary.
                                I think it's time.

And FFS abolish interleague.
                                Yes please.

Comment

Working...
                                X