Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Two days ago Ohtani reported cramps in his back. Last night with bases loaded in the 9th, down 4-1, he had to be pinch hit for because he had leg cramps.

It would be right in line with the Angels for Ohtani to get hurt as soon as they take him off the market and go for a playoff push.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Good gravy the Twins suck.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    The fact that the Twins will likely win their division with the same record as the Mariners probably has something to do with that.
    The problem for the Twins going back a decade was failing to have a pitching staff (SP and RP) built for the playoffs, and their bats often disappeared in the post-season. Their pitching has definitely improved (although it remains to be seen how much of that success is due to playing in possibly the weakest divisions) and they've showed some promise at the plate that could improve as some players get healthy.

I still don't expect them to win a playoff series this year and sadly the playoff L streak may continue.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Your sarcasm meter on the fritz?
    Perpetually. I'm only equipped with an emitter, not a receiver.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

With the balanced schedule and not guaranteeing 81 home games to all teams, it will never happen.

Every National League team would only have 61 home games under the old format.
    Oh my god no, not in a million years.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    And the Twins are setting themselves up for playoff disappointment for the 70th time in a row.
    The fact that the Twins will likely win their division with the same record as the Mariners probably has something to do with that.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

2023 - 1991 = 70?
    Your sarcasm meter on the fritz?

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Get the owners involved. Bring back interleague as it was and the winning side of the ASG gets home field for all interleague series.
    With the balanced schedule and not guaranteeing 81 home games to all teams, it will never happen.

Every National League team would only have 61 home games under the old format.
    Last edited by aparch; 07-27-2023, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    And the Twins are setting themselves up for playoff disappointment for the 70th time in a row.
    2023 - 1991 = 70?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    The Orioles are in first place for the first time after the All-Star break since Aug, 15, 2016.
    I literally can't believe it's been so recent.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

But it shouldn't mean anything concrete. It is and always has been a fun little exhibition game. It didn't grow to its importance because it had any material effect on the real season. But one year the fun little exhibition game ended in a tie, because they had already played everyone, because that's what everyone is there to see, all of the favorites play in one game, and everyone lost their minds.
    Get the owners involved. Bring back interleague as it was and the winning side of the ASG gets home field for all interleague series.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I know back in the day the All Star Selection was run by like some furniture polish company.

But this was amazing:

I agree with you 100%.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I saw an actual triple play in person last night! That was cool. Except that my team was on the wrong side of it. Oh well. Good news is it somehow didn't affect anything as the Red Sox beat the team currently with the best record in the majors.
    And it was the first time that triple play (8-3-5) had been done in 90 or 100 years, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I saw an actual triple play in person last night! That was cool. Except that my team was on the wrong side of it. Oh well. Good news is it somehow didn't affect anything as the Red Sox beat the team currently with the best record in the majors.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    32nd time in a row, thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X