Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Falcons beat the Jets 21-3. Oh wait, no that was the Braves over the Mets. And that was just the first game of a double header. Braves took the second 6-0.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    IMO, it's just bluster to get the Wisconsin legislature to pass the funding. $290 Million were bandied about in this years budget, but left off when squabbling over details started (and GOP lawmakers whined about the added spending in the bill).

A surcharge on top of ticket prices has been mentioned, like what is currently in place for Fiserv Forum (Bucks). And the five county sales tax was allowed to sunset which would bring additional funding back in.

I can't imagine just where there needs to be $440 Million of upgrades needed *immediately* considering they just replaced the scoreboard and other AV items the last few years.

​IF the team did move, there wouldn't be any demand for a replacement right away (if at all). And without them, can the City of Milwaukee survive as just a basketball (and minor hockey) city?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    You know, the Expos proposed new stadium was supposed to be called Labatt Park... Montreal Brewers playing at Labatt Park seems like a good pairing. Just like Miller Park was a great name before they switched to another insurance company.

In reality if they move they're definitely going to Nashville or Charlotte/Raleigh.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Brewers next to move?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...novation-funds

Leave a comment:

• jjuliajul11
    replied
    Yes, from time to time, especially when the Yankees are playing. I often place bets on their winnings on UFABET เข้าสู่ระบบทางเข้า . I like their game. All the more, I remember this team from my childhood and even watch movies about them. A very cool team, I hope it will be alive for a long time
    Last edited by jjuliajul11; 08-16-2023, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    The Little League regionals are on ESPN, so I decided to look up how the international regionals went. In the Asia-Pacific region it was strange seeing that the Phillipines had beaten South Korea in the semifinals, yet it was South Korea who played Taiwan on the finals. Then it said Taiwan beat Korea 6-0 in the final, which is the score of a forfeit. Then went back and noticed all of Korea's games are forfeits. Turns out they tried to cheat and grabbed three players from another league after the national tournament and added them to their Asia-Pacific roster.

https://www.littleleague.org/world-s...d-by-t-mobile/

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    A little grade school humor.

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-cont...ic-605x340.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Mets lose on a balk-off to the Royals in extras. Appears there were pitch comm issues and the pitcher lifted the back leg but came back down on the rubber instead of stepping off.
    The last 3 innings were an epic sh-tshow by both teams. Truly a comedy of errors.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Of course the Twins did nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Mets lose on a balk-off to the Royals in extras. Appears there were pitch comm issues and the pitcher lifted the back leg but came back down on the rubber instead of stepping off.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Mets fire sale/restructuring looks to be continuing. Reportedly talks on Verlander are heating up.

EDIT/UPDATE: Back to Houston. Waiting for surrender terms.
    Geez. And here I thought the Mets were finally doing some good for the Yankees by keeping Verlander away from Houston...

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Mets fire sale/restructuring looks to be continuing. Reportedly talks on Verlander are heating up.

EDIT/UPDATE: Back to Houston. Waiting for surrender terms.
    Last edited by joecct; 08-01-2023, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I'm amazed we got Acuna. Top 50 prospect in all of baseball and now our #1 prospect. We now have 5 or 6 of the top 100.

Mr. Upton next if we can get a good offer. LA-N and NY-A want him. DANCE, MONKEYS!

Last edited by Kepler; 07-29-2023, 10:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    The Mets will receive Luisangel Acuna, 21, a middle infielder and center fielder who will likely be among New York's top prospects.
    Acuna was playing for Double-A Frisco in the Rangers' system and was hitting .315 with seven home runs, 51 RBIs and 42 stolen bases in 82 games. He is the younger brother of Atlanta Braves superstar Ronald Acuna Jr.

As part of the deal, Scherzer has elected to opt in to the 2024 season with the Rangers. Texas will pay Scherzer $22.5 million, while the Mets will cover more than $35 million of the remaining terms.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Scherzer has waived his no trade and is headed to Texas. No word on $$ eaten by Mets or prospects headed back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X