Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

That's interesting. Shipping Donaldson makes sense, and Urshala is essentially his direct positional replacement. But, now we need a SS again, to keep Polanco at 2B where he is best. Hopefully we use Donnie's salary to fill the other needs.

Sanchez replaces Garvers hitting (until last year when he was horrible), but isn't the greatest defensively. Takes the pressure off of Jeffers to be the everyday guy.
    Trust me, us Yankees fans were begging for them to get rid of Sanchez. Even his hitting has been highly overrated the past couple of years, especially in clutch playoff situations. He never truly developed into the superstar many expected. And I don't even want to talk about his defense or complete lack thereof. You can have him.

I'm surprised they were willing to trade Urshela. He will be a good addition to your Twins. So, just how good is Kiner-Falefa? I know he's super fast, but he only passed through Minnesota...
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-14-2022, 09:33 AM.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Trust me, us Yankees fans were begging for them to get rid of Sanchez. Even his hitting has been highly overrated the past couple of years, especially in clutch playoff situations. He never truly developed into the superstar many expected. And I don't even want to talk about his defense or complete lack thereof. You can have him.

I'm surprised they were willing to trade Urshela. He will be a good addition to your Twins. So, just how good is Kiner-Falefa? I know he's super fast, but he only passed through Minnesota...
      Sanchez will be the backup C/occasional DH, if he stays. So his defense shouldn't hurt too much. Maybe the scenery change will help his bat. Kiner-Falefa looks like he's above avg. as a defender and can hit. He's not a power guy though. More bat-on-ball type.

The Twins real move was to clear the Donaldson money. He's over 20/mil a season and the report says the Yankees took all of it.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Sanchez will be the backup C/occasional DH, if he stays. So his defense shouldn't hurt too much. Maybe the scenery change will help his bat. Kiner-Falefa looks like he's above avg. as a defender and can hit. He's not a power guy though. More bat-on-ball type.

The Twins real move was to clear the Donaldson money. He's over 20/mil a season and the report says the Yankees took all of it.
        Sanchez's swing was perfect for Yankee Stadium. Take that as you will.

Baseball overall needs more bat on ball type of hitters, so I'm okay with that.

Yeah, the Yankees can afford it. LOL
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the clubhouse when Cole and Donaldson come together.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Hot Stove is on fire!

Matt Olson to... the Braves?! They give up a ton in prospects to make it happen.

That means Freddie Freeman is likely signing elsewhere.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Hot Stove is on fire!

Matt Olson to... the Braves?! They give up a ton in prospects to make it happen.
              I don't know how much Freeman is asking for, but Olson who was already under contract gets $168m/8-years from the Braves.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I want FFF. If this is wrong...
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mets and Yankees who are unvaccinated cannot play in New York. This is on top of the border crossing mandate that will not allow unvaccinated players to go between Canada and the US and vice versa (Blue Jays are 100% which is why the rule effectively is only keeping American-based teams from Toronto). So right now Aaron Judge and other Yankees are currently unable to play in roughly 90/156 games on the schedule.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Unless they have a specific medical issue that keeps them from being vaccinated, I don't feel bad for them. I also never will feel bad for the Yankees in general.

A lot of hot stove updates:

Blue Jays - Matt Chapman (A's)
                    Mariners - E. Suarez, J. Winkler (Reds)
                    Cubs - S. Suzuki (JP)
                    Phillies - K. Schwarber (FA)
                    Yankees - A. Rizzo (FA)

I expect news anytime now on the A's pitchers (Montas, Manaea), as well as landing spots for Story, Freeman, Correa, and old man Greinke.
                    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 03-16-2022, 10:26 AM.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Mets and Yankees who are unvaccinated cannot play in New York. This is on top of the border crossing mandate that will not allow unvaccinated players to go between Canada and the US and vice versa (Blue Jays are 100% which is why the rule effectively is only keeping American-based teams from Toronto). So right now Aaron Judge and other Yankees are currently unable to play in roughly 90/156 games on the schedule.
                      Mets players last year topped out at 55% vaxxed.

Are we really 156? Not 162? Not 154?
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Mets players last year topped out at 55% vaxxed.

Are we really 156? Not 162? Not 154?
                        I just guessed. I thought two series were knocked out due to the lockout.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I thought they were doing all 162.

I wish they had taken this opportunity to knock back to 154 permanently. If not far fewer.

A 100-game season would have such higher quality.
                          Cornell University

Comment

MLB will be 162 games this year as normal.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Rockies giving a 30yo K. Bryant 7-years with full no-trade. Feels about 2-years too many.

Z. Greinke (FA) to the Royals for 1-year.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Rockies giving a 30yo K. Bryant 7-years with full no-trade. Feels about 2-years too many.
                                And yet, the Rockies dumped Nolan Arenado last year when he was signed to a similar deal...
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X