Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    For '24 let's go with:

C: Jeffers, FA backup
    1B: FA, 2B: Julien, SS: Correa, 3B: Lewis
    LF: FA, CF: Taylor (or FA), RF: Wallner
    DH: Buxton
    Bench: Farmer, Solano, Gordon

Fill in bench with either FA or call-ups. Gordon can play too may positions to let go. Larnach and Kirilloff will have to fight for opening day spot in spring.

SP: Lopez, Ryan, Ober
    RP: Duran, Jax, Stewart, Thielbar, Varland

Fill in the rest of the SP/RP with FA or call-ups. Gray might retire so can't count on him. Maeda may not want a bullpen spot, but that's his value now as long reliever.
    Paddack? Dude looked lights out last night.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    For '24 let's go with:

C: Jeffers, FA backup
    1B: FA, 2B: Julien, SS: Correa, 3B: Lewis
    LF: FA, CF: Taylor (or FA), RF: Wallner
    DH: Buxton
    Bench: Farmer, Solano, Gordon

Fill in bench with either FA or call-ups. Gordon can play too may positions to let go. Larnach and Kirilloff will have to fight for opening day spot in spring.

SP: Lopez, Ryan, Ober
    RP: Duran, Jax, Stewart, Thielbar, Varland

Fill in the rest of the SP/RP with FA or call-ups. Gray might retire so can't count on him. Maeda may not want a bullpen spot, but that's his value now as long reliever.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    I'm not high on Polanco, even at 2B. He can go too. This core group had its chances. Time to reset with the kids and a few free agents.

Kepler can go too.
    I agree. I would have traded Kepler at his apex which was a couple of years ago.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    I'm not high on Polanco, even at 2B. He can go too. This core group had its chances. Time to reset with the kids and a few free agents.

Kepler can go too.

Leave a comment:

• cF[Authentic]
    replied
    Twins won't, but they really need to clean house with their roster.

I don't like any of the regulars in the outfield. Taylor was passable, but he only exists because Buxton is made of paper.

Need a real 1st baseman. Not named Gallo.

Bullpen has a few guys i'd dump, starting with Pagan.
    The biggest issue with this team going into next year is the bullpen. It's the most blaring weakness of the 2024 roster. But, did you watch Pagan this year, especially in the 2nd half of the season? He's not the player we saw blowing everything the season before. 2.99 ERA and .95 WHIP in 69 innings. I'll take that any day of the week.

The 2nd half roster is significantly different than opening day. Kirilloff, Wallner, Julien, and Lewis were all in St. Paul. Expect Martin and Lee to join the Twins at some point next season. Make Julien spend all off-season working on defense.

Gallo, Taylor, and Donnie Barrels are all FAs and I'd hope they bring back Solano although he may have earned himself a big pay raise. If you let Taylor go, then you have to decide if you trust Wallner, Larnach, Buxton, and Martin to hold down the outfield all season. I personally would prefer a former gold-glove CF in Taylor, who can also move to other spots. Do you pick up the 10m option on Kepler? After his 2nd half, I'd say it's not a horrible decision. Find a way to get rid of Vasquez and his 10m.

Your ideal lineup for opening day has to be:
    OF: Wallner, Buxton and Martin
    IF: Lewis, Correa, Polanco, Kirilloff
    C: Jeffers and a new backup
    Backups consist of Farmer, Solano, Julien, MAT and/or Kepler, Luplow, Lee.

Super Bowl, homeboy

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Baltimore out, LA out, Atlanta teetering on the ledge.

16 team-leagues, one pennant winner, no playoffs. Fight me.
    At the very least I think they need to expand so there are no byes (since they aren’t contracting the playoffs). Still a small sample size since it’s only been two years but besides the Astros giving these guys an extra All Star break length time off isn’t good when they’re facing teams still on a regular season timeline.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    The Twins had seemingly turned around their offensive woes of the first two thirds of the season, only to have them come back once playoffs started. Fitting that it ends with calmly watching strike three float past and end your season.
    He just stood there and watched it go by. They went from a team that can't pitch when it counts to a team that can't hit. Gotta have all 3. Defense, pitching, and hitting.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Twins won't, but they really need to clean house with their roster.

I don't like any of the regulars in the outfield. Taylor was passable, but he only exists because Buxton is made of paper.

Need a real 1st baseman. Not named Gallo.

Bullpen has a few guys i'd dump, starting with Pagan.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    The asterisk is getting bigger next to the 2020 dodgers WS *

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Baltimore out, LA out, Atlanta teetering on the ledge.

16 team-leagues, one pennant winner, no playoffs. Fight me.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Arizona sets a postseason record with four homers in a single inning. All solo shots but now up 4-0 after 3.5

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    The Twins had seemingly turned around their offensive woes of the first two thirds of the season, only to have them come back once playoffs started. Fitting that it ends with calmly watching strike three float past and end your season.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    My last hot take, that the Houston pitcher in game 3 was “weaker”, was to originally include the series would end in 4 games. Since my original hot take turned out so well, I’m going to reaffirm the series will end in 4 games.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Joe Ryan has been terrible the 2nd half, so I expect the series to end tonight. Also, Buxton replaces Kirilloff.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I realized but I didn't put it together until just now. Have the Rangers and Twins ever played a post season series?
    No, and I didn’t realize how bad the Rangers were. Granted playoffs were much different back then but it took 33 years for the franchise to make it to the postseason. And then they lost to the Yankees in three series over four years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X