Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Down 8-2 after 4 innings...What'd Giselle say about Tom, "he can't throw the ball and catch it too".
    And Altuve is still going home.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Altuve is going home...
    Down 8-2 after 4 innings...What'd Giselle say about Tom, "he can't throw the ball and catch it too".

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I suppose Ted Cruz now becomes a rangers fan? Lucky them
    So he's allowed to switch teams but his daughter isn't?!

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Bochy now makes it 14-0 in series after winning game 1.

I think that was also the second ever seven game series where the road team won every game. The other was the Astros-Nats WS.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    On one hand, Astros being eliminated = Yay!

On the other hand, Rangers winning = Boo!
    I suppose Ted Cruz now becomes a rangers fan? Lucky them

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    On one hand, Astros being eliminated = Yay!

On the other hand, Rangers winning = Boo!

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Altuve is Mr. October.
    Altuve is going home...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Bang the drum slowly for Houston...

This is the first I have watched of the post-season. How can you guys stand network television?

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Altuve is Mr. October.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    So for all the criticism that was leveled at the MLB playoff system, the Hanshin Tigers had two weeks off between the end of the regular season and their Climax Series opener against Hiroshima.

The Tigers swept the Carp.

Similarly, the Orix Buffaloes had eight days off before their series against Chiba. The Buffaloes are one win from advancing.

NPB has had their playoff system in place since 2007 and in the 32 series where the #1 seed has had at least a week off the #1 seed has failed to advance only 6 times.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Road team has won every game in the ALCS so far. And now with it at 2-2, Bochy’s 13-0 series record after winning Game 1 is back in jeopardy .

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    If the Twins don't blow it vs the Yankees in '04, do the Red Sox still win the World Series?

Eta. I'm not implying the Twins would beat them.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-18-2023, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Pile on a little bit,

The Dodgers became only the second team in baseball history to win 100 games during the regular season and never have so much as a lead during an ensuing postseason series, joining the 1963 Yankees, who were swept in the World Series by the Dodgers of another time.
    It marked the third straight year the Dodgers were eliminated in the postseason by a team they finished more than 15 games better than during the regular season. In each of the past two years, they were defeated in the NLDS by a division rival they previously dominated -- first by the Padres then by Arizona, both in the wake of relatively long layoffs.
    Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down.

The Los Angeles Dodgers have won 211 regular season games in the last two seasons, and have just one playoff win to show for it.
    Mookie Betts(.307/39/107/.987) and Freddie Freeman(.331/29/102/.976) were a combined one for 21(Freeman got an infield hit in game 2). They failed to reach base safely in the final 17 innings of the best-of-five series.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Baltimore had a young team with questionable pitching. Blew up in their face. Dodgers had pitching wrecked by injury. Braves had one starter that showed up. The difference between 90 and 104 wins is 9-7 and 10-6 in football.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

I'm fully on board with Hovey's plan. Two best of threes (WC, DS), one best of five (CS), and a best of seven World Series.

Only way I can get on board with your plans Kep is if you can promise me the NL gets rid of the stupid DH.

Either way. Can they stop playing World Series games in November? Last week of October should be it. Opening day should be a week later as well....
    If it were up to me we would get rid of the DH and interleague and we would play a 100-game regular season, every team created since 1973 would be folded, and every team that moved since 1973 would be returned to their location at that time.

But we would keep the pitch clock and 3-PA minimum because those rules are great.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2023, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X