Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 hours until we find out the new HOF class.

if Mauer makes it, he’ll be the first player who was born in the 1980s elected

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      3 hours until we find out the new HOF class.

if Mauer makes it, he’ll be the first player who was born in the 1980s elected
      Since he will have a pretty high percentage, based on revealed votes. Even if he falls short, he's a good bet to get in soon. Which makes me less anxious about it.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I think he’ll get it.

Handy and I know a guy who hates Mauer. Just hates him. Last week, he texted me “Mauer wouldn’t even be considered for HOF if he wasn’t a catcher”

…..

Comment

I think he’ll get it.

Handy and I know a guy who hates Mauer. Just hates him. Last week, he texted me “Mauer wouldn’t even be considered for HOF if he wasn’t a catcher”

…..
          Lol. Technically correct I guess, but totally missing the point. Haters gonna hate.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Lol. Technically correct I guess, but totally missing the point. Haters gonna hate.
            Nolan Ryan wouldn’t be in the hall if he wasn’t a pitcher I guess. lol

Comment

• 55 WAR seemed borderline but I did not know how other C stack up. He is 11th and 9 of the 10 above him are in. Only Torre isn't and he spent much of his career at 1B.

Seems to me he should be in if he was a decent defensive C. I have no idea -- he's not in any way a memorable player to me, but I am not much of an AL fan.
              Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2024, 03:14 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• He won 3 gold gloves I believe. He'd probably had been more memorable if not for the Twins doing absolutely nothing in his 4 post-season appearances.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-23-2024, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  55 WAR seemed borderline but I did not know how other C stack up. He is 11th and 9 of the 10 above him are in. Only Torre isn't and he spent much of his career at 1B.

Seems to me he should be in if he was a decent defensive C. I have no idea -- he's not in any way a memorable player to me, but I am not much of an AL fan.
                  His easiest comp is buster posey who a lot of people think is a shoe in for the hall, and he leads him pretty much everywhere except world series wins.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

• The person who wrote that dumb fan piece kepler linked is gonna having some serious tears if he gets in first ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      55 WAR seemed borderline but I did not know how other C stack up. He is 11th and 9 of the 10 above him are in. Only Torre isn't and he spent much of his career at 1B.

Not memorable?

Well played Mauer…
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Not memorable?

Well played Mauer…
                        I honestly have no memory of Joe Mauer. His career spanned a time when I paid zero attention to the AL. It's me, not him. Trout was 7 years into his career before I could remember his name. I probably can't name 20 Mariners from the last 20 years, and they are ostensibly my AL team.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2024, 04:34 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Joe Mauer, welcome to cooperstown!

Comment

I think he’ll get it.

…..
                            That guy doesn't know much about the game. If anything, Mauer might have been underrated during his career. Absolutely HOF worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

That guy doesn't know much about the game. If anything, Mauer might have been underrated during his career. Absolutely HOF worthy.
                              The guy is from turkey so baseball is a new sport for him.

the only people who don’t seem to think he’s HOF worthy are Molina fan boys. It’s hilarious to read forums where yankee, dodgers and Red Sox fans are all banding together saying Joe is worthy while cardinal fans cry about Joe

Comment

The guy is from turkey so baseball is a new sport for him.

the only people who don’t seem to think he’s HOF worthy are Molina fan boys. It’s hilarious to read forums where yankee, dodgers and Red Sox fans are all banding together saying Joe is worthy while cardinal fans cry about Joe
                                How dare you besmirch the self-proclaimed best fans in baseball?!? (/sarcasm)

Comment

Working...
                                X