Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I didn't watch or have much interest in the World Series but am happy Nate Eovaldi got another ring and I do like that a team that has never won a World Series finally won one.
    It is kind of funny that the Rangers won the WS, lead by two pitchers that the Yankees didn't believe were good enough to win in the post-season. 8 of the Rangers 13 wins.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It is kind of funny that the Rangers won the WS, lead by two pitchers that the Yankees didn't believe were good enough to win in the post-season. 8 of the Rangers 13 wins.
      Oh, trust me. Us Yankees fans are fully aware of this... (I never could understand the Montgomery trade. Useless in the end.)
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Reminds me of the dig Mark Grace gave to the Cubs after winning the World Series with the DBacks. After playing the first 13 of his 16 major league seasons on Chicago's north side, he said upon winning a World Series with Arizona "I wasn't good enough to play first base for the Chicago Cubs, but I was good enough to play first base for the World Champions."

And Bruce Bochy sure does know how to win a world series.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          Reminds me of the dig Mark Grace gave to the Cubs after winning the World Series with the DBacks. After playing the first 13 of his 16 major league seasons on Chicago's north side, he said upon winning a World Series with Arizona "I wasn't good enough to play first base for the Chicago Cubs, but I was good enough to play first base for the World Champions."

"It's great to be with a wiener." - Luis Tiant
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• For the first time since 1985 the Hanshin Tigers are Japan Series champions.

They celebrated by tossing a guy dressed as Colonel Sanders into the river.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              For the first time since 1985 the Hanshin Tigers are Japan Series champions.

They celebrated by tossing a guy dressed as Colonel Sanders into the river.
              The story behind the link to the Tigers and Colonel Sanders is wild.

Good for them!
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

The story behind the link to the Tigers and Colonel Sanders is wild.

Good for them!
                Japanese baseball as a whole is wild. I’ve gone down the rabbit hole on NPB and it is fascinating stuff.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Craig Counsell narrowed his rose pick to two teams: staying with his boyhood team where he became the franchise's winningest manager, or following his long term GM pal David Stern and becoming a NY Met.

Instead, the Cubs swoop in and hire him before notifying David Ross of their plan.

Carlos Mendoza hired by the Mets away from the Yankees.

And now the Brewers need a new skipper...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Craig Counsell narrowed his rose pick to two teams: staying with his boyhood team where he became the franchise's winningest manager, or following his long term GM pal David Stern and becoming a NY Met.

Instead, the Cubs swoop in and hire him before notifying David Ross of their plan.

Carlos Mendoza hired by the Mets away from the Yankees.

And now the Brewers need a new skipper...
                    And the Cubs are paying him...being reported as 40 mil over 5 years.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• How does a kid from South Bend wind up a Brewers fan?
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        How does a kid from South Bend wind up a Brewers fan?
                        Born there...grew up in Wisconsin and his dad worked for the Brewers.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

And the Cubs are paying him...being reported as 40 mil over 5 years.
                          As much as I loved having the local kid be the hero, his post season record left a lot to be desired. I know a good portion of that is the talent on hand, but...

I appreciate what he did and look forward to what the new guy can do. Just as long as it isn't another 30 years of bullsh*t.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Born there...grew up in Wisconsin and his dad worked for the Brewers.
                            Ah, thought he was a Hoosier.
                            Cornell University

Comment

As much as I loved having the local kid be the hero, his post season record left a lot to be desired. I know a good portion of that is the talent on hand, but...

I appreciate what he did and look forward to what the new guy can do. Just as long as it isn't another 30 years of bullsh*t.
                              I'm just shocked the Cubs are showing out that much money for a guy who hasn't won a title while screwing the catcher and manager who did... Granted didn't just a manager... But also help lead that team to a near playoff spot with a roster that in my opinion shouldn't have been there.
                              Could be a very interesting offseason for the Cubs
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

"It's great to be with a wiener." - Luis Tiant
                                why is he not in the hall, yet roy halladay is?!?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X