Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post
    Excellent.
    Yes. Very dominant performance by Lopez. Now it's Gray's turn to shut down the Astros in Game 3.

And the Twins stop the 16-game ALDS losing streak!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Yes. Very dominant performance by Lopez. Now it's Gray's turn to shut down the Astros in Game 3.

And the Twins stop the 16-game ALDS losing streak!
      And a 9 playoff game losing streak on the road, I believe.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Gray at home in the cold* versus a weaker Houston pitcher. Gotta get it done Tuesday.

*As a native Minnesotan, I recognize 56 and sunny isn’t cold, but y’all know what I’m saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
          Gray at home in the cold* versus a weaker Houston pitcher. Gotta get it done Tuesday.

*As a native Minnesotan, I recognize 56 and sunny isn’t cold, but y’all know what I’m saying.
          I’ll be there

Comment

• I just tweaked to the fact that we could be headed for an all-Senators ALCS.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’ll be there
              Jealous. As a newly promoted nurse, my increased responsibilities come complete with my own office, which I’ll most definitely be using on Tuesday, with the door shut, to watch the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Did I hear the announcers right that Lopez has now gone further into a game (7 innings) than any other pitcher in Twins' postseason history other than Jack Morris and Johan Santana? That can't be right...
                My guess is that it would be shutout innings, not just innings. The Twins had three complete games in the '65 World Series alone.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

My guess is that it would be shutout innings, not just innings. The Twins had three complete games in the '65 World Series alone.
                  I didn’t take the time to look it up, but I figured there mist have been another qualifier somewhere. With guys like Blyleven, Kaat, and Grant in your history it just couldn’t be true.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I'm sure this is something repeated often enough until the last 30 years or so, but all 7 games of the 1965 World Series featured the winner pitching a complete game. Along with the Twins Grant and Kaat throwing three, Osteen and Drysdale threw complete game wins for LA in games 3 and 4, and Koufax threw CG shutouts in games 5 and 7. His line over the two games: 18 7 0 0 4 20.

In 4 World Series (1959, '63, '65, '66) Koufax threw 57 innings over 8 games, gave up 36 hits and 11 walks (WHIP .825) and pitched to an ERA of 0.95. That's pretty good I guess, maybe a little better than Kershaw.

Comment

• btw had the Twins won Game 7 of the '65 WS, assuming '87 and '91 didn't change they would have 3 WS titles in which the home team won every game of the series.

Comment

• Johan Santana throwing to joe Mauer for first pitch tmrw. Gaetti to gladden Wednesday

man am I pumped- able to go to both games for total of $200. Won’t be able to afford any subsequent series that may follow

Comment

• What a crazy ending.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Welp, that started about as poorly as possible. Twins need to respond quick.
                            North Dakota

Comment

• 20 minutes in and I already have no interest in this game. See you tomorrow!
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                20 minutes in and I already have no interest in this game. See you tomorrow!
                                Yep. Absolutely terrible start. "Cold" weather games are notoriously low scoring. A 4 run deficit feels like 10. Yuck...
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X