Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2022: Playing Ball, But Is Anyone Still Watching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Morosi
    @jonmorosi
    The Tigers -- and baseball gods -- orchestrated one of the great sendoffs in sports.
    On the only play of Miguel Cabrera's first defensive appearance since '21, he recorded an unassisted putout. Then his kids helped A.J. Hinch remove him from the game.
    Goosebumps.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Bob Nightengale tweeted yesterday that regardless of wins or losses today by Arizona or Miami, the suspended game between Miami and the Mets will not be resumed, and the records (and resulting seeding) will simply be based on the records after Sunday. But I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. Does anyone know? The only thing at stake is who will go to Milwaukee and who will go to Philly.
      During the Mets game it was announced that if the game had bearing on the post-season then the top of the ninth would be scrubbed and we would win in 8, while if it had no bearing it would finish including the top of the 9th and we would lose.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Jon Morosi
        @jonmorosi
        The Tigers -- and baseball gods -- orchestrated one of the great sendoffs in sports.
        On the only play of Miguel Cabrera's first defensive appearance since '21, he recorded an unassisted putout. Then his kids helped A.J. Hinch remove him from the game.
        Goosebumps.
        I was happy with it. Sort of made up for walking him in his last at bat in 7th.
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Braves only manage to tie the Twins single season HR record. Only 3rd team over 300.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            The fact that the Twins will likely win their division with the same record as the Mariners probably has something to do with that.
            Almost a perfect call from 2.5 months ago.

Comment

• Tim Wakefield passed away from brain cancer this weekend, at a time when his wife is battling with pancreatic cancer. Tim was one of the good guys - the 2010 Roberto Clemente Award winner - and I'm so bummed. Win or lose, he was a stand up man and the world is a little less without him in it.

Meanwhile, in enraging news, he had been keeping it private. So former World Series hero-turned MAGA chud Curt Schilling outs him last week and calls him selfish for keeping it private. Thanks Curt, you raging *******, for making Tim's last days on earth filled with stress. Take your bloody sock and shove it up your MAGA ***.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• In the tradition of the NFL post, these are the MLB teams that should always suck:

Expos
                Mets

Padres
                Braves

Indians
                Brewers

Rangers
                White Sox
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  In the tradition of the NFL post, these are the MLB teams that should always suck:

Expos
                  Mets

Padres
                  Braves

Indians
                  Brewers

Rangers
                  White Sox
                  I half-adopted the Expos as my 2nd favorite team as a kid because I loved their hats. These should live on for eternity:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I half-adopted the Expos as my 2nd favorite team as a kid because I loved their hats. These should live on for eternity:

They are amazing.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Bob Nightengale tweeted yesterday that regardless of wins or losses today by Arizona or Miami, the suspended game between Miami and the Mets will not be resumed, and the records (and resulting seeding) will simply be based on the records after Sunday. But I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. Does anyone know? The only thing at stake is who will go to Milwaukee and who will go to Philly.
                      I thought this was an odd decision. Sure, everyone made the playoffs, but seeding was still at-stake. Ended up being irrelevant because the Marlins ended 0.5 games up and own the tiebreaker so they’d keep their seed regardless. Unless Miami said they’d rather have their day of rest than care if they end up in Milwaukee or Philly.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Almost a perfect call from 2.5 months ago.
                        Just another brick in the Mariners Hall of Sadness.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Only question left to answer is, will the Twins season be over on Wednesday or Thursday?
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Tim Wakefield passed away from brain cancer this weekend, at a time when his wife is battling with pancreatic cancer. Tim was one of the good guys - the 2010 Roberto Clemente Award winner - and I'm so bummed. Win or lose, he was a stand up man and the world is a little less without him in it.

Meanwhile, in enraging news, he had been keeping it private. So former World Series hero-turned MAGA chud Curt Schilling outs him last week and calls him selfish for keeping it private. Thanks Curt, you raging *******, for making Tim's last days on earth filled with stress. Take your bloody sock and shove it up your MAGA ***.
                            On the day Tim Wakefield passed away, George Kirby broke out a knuckleball. ❤️ - YouTube
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Only question left to answer is, will the Twins season be over on Wednesday or Thursday?
                              Are you asking about the chances of a rain delay?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• The streak ends at 18!!

Comment

Working...
                                X