Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5 Gas... It's De-Ja-Vu All Over Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure someone on here did an explainer which showed how US refineries aren't set up to work with the gritty oil sands from Canada and Dakotas, and has to be shipped overseas anyway.

I also love the conservative talking point of "Build Keystone XL!" like oil dug by a Canadian company on Canadian soil, shipped to a Canadian owned port in Texas and sold to some overseas company whereby the Canadian firm keeps the profits somehow benefits America. Because capitalism?
    That's just it. Everything seems to be set up for private profit. And as has been proven over and over and over again, trickle down doesn't work. So, why our society needs to be entirely based around it is beyond my comprehension.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Also, I'm pretty sure someone on here did an explainer which showed how US refineries aren't set up to work with the gritty oil sands from Canada and Dakotas, and has to be shipped overseas anyway.

I also love the conservative talking point of "Build Keystone XL!" like oil dug by a Canadian company on Canadian soil, shipped to a Canadian owned port in Texas and sold to some overseas company whereby the Canadian firm keeps the profits somehow benefits America. Because capitalism?
      Bingo. It's exporting all of the environmental risk to the US. All of the profits stay in Canada. **** that.

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I'm not going to backread. Are the last 4 pages just Sic pretending the whole world isn't seeing substantial inflation, and just blaming everything on things he doesn't like?
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          I'm not going to backread. Are the last 4 pages just Sic pretending the whole world isn't seeing substantial inflation, and just blaming everything on things he doesn't like?
          Cheaper than a therapist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Cheaper than a therapist?
            And as effective. Now tell me about your childhood.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Or we also start developing energy storage techniques. Reservoirs, flywheels, batteries, pressurized gas, etc.

Night loads will always be trickiest. But we're a nation of brilliant scientists and engineers. It's not like it's an unsolvable problem. People like sic are just intellectually lazy as ****.
              I'm the one saying "large scale energy storage" is the missing link for the last decade or so.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Why restart Keystone? The majority of the oil would be exported first of all, oil is a globally traded commodity, never mind the average monthly production of US crude has only been higher one year than it has been so far in 2022:
                I have been told inflation is global. Greater oil supply short term would be a relief to global inflation. And it would aid Europe to get off Russia sources.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I'm the one saying "large scale energy storage" is the missing link for the last decade or so.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/03/11149...china-vanadium Our technology, they get it and run
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I've been wondering what ever happened to vanadium batteries. Remember reading they were some massive breakthrough back in college.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• It's going to be really interesting with gas creeping up again. Currently it's $4.59 for me...

I'm sure the R's will start playing this card openly and freely as we head into midterms. We all know how this can creep up as the #1 issue for many folks, regardless as to what else is floating around in their head.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Republicans called in a favor and Saudi Arabia and Russia (OPEC Central) was more than happy to comply. I expect the United States to dissolve in less than 10 years at this rate.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Republicans called in a favor and Saudi Arabia and Russia (OPEC Central) was more than happy to comply. I expect the United States to dissolve in less than 10 years at this rate.
                          Dissolve? No. We just will become Russia2, where our oligarchs feast off the profits, and everyone who used to earn 600k and under a year are practically homeless.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Dissolve? No. We just will become Russia2, where our oligarchs feast off the profits, and everyone who used to earn 600k and under a year are practically homeless.
                            Many many "states" that were part of the Soviet Union split off. You don't think that will happen here?

Comment

We just will become Russia2, where our oligarchs feast off the profits, and everyone who used to earn 600k and under a year are practically homeless.
                              Become?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• OPEC planning to cut production. Meanwhile US reserves almost to minimum. Thus, gas prices will be headed up soon.

https://www.tiktok.com/@mrglobaltoo/...97953992674606
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X