Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$5 Gas... It's De-Ja-Vu All Over Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5 Gas... It's De-Ja-Vu All Over Again...

Going to be a hot topic going forward for at least a bit here, so I figured we can give fossil fuels their own thread...

It's gonna be really interesting for me and my fishing tournaments this Summer... I'm driving to Detroit 3 times this summer (About 300 miles one way) and will have to pitch in for my boater's gas as well (a Bass boat will hold about 50-70 gallons and we will use a good chunk of a tank on the Great Lakes for tournament days).
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Jimmy Carter said we needed to achieve energy independence through renewables 44 years ago.

Everybody laughed, called him a loser, and elected The Actor.

How many trillions of dollars and millions of lives have been expended without us getting significantly closer, as every year it becomes more glaringly obvious he was right?

Just imagine how different world history would have been if instead of giving the rich trillions in tax cuts instead we had launched a Manhattan Project for renewable energy in the late 70s and accomplished it in say the 90s?
    Last edited by Kepler; 03-09-2022, 02:02 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

subscribed
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Jimmy Carter said we needed to achieve energy independence through renewables 44 years ago.

Everybody laughed, called him a loser, and elected The Actor.

How many trillions of dollars and millions of lives have been expended without us getting significantly closer, as every year it becomes more glaringly obvious he was right?

Just imagine how different world history would have been if instead of giving the rich trillions in tax cuts instead we had launched a Manhattan Project for renewable energy in the late 70s and accomplished it in say the 90s?
        This.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"First they built the road Then they built the town
          That's why we're still driving around and around"- Arcade Fire, "Wasted Hours"

I wouldn't be so upset with gas prices if we had better city planning and better public transportation. For example, I live in a suburb of Grand Rapids and it's a planning disaster. I've become lost in certain neighborhoods. It feels like they put a road wherever and then built houses to accompany the road.

The city bus line can take an hour or more, with several transfers, to move someone from point A to even the area of point B.

My car is gas efficient, but that doesn't do me much good when 131N is slow moving at best and trying to get on 28th anywhere near the Beltline takes awhile. And my job is 20 minutes away even if I take the most direct approach.

Electric vehicles need to become more accessible, along with more places to charge up, for them to be a viable option. And Teslas have been recalled for safety issues in the past.

Those alive in 2580 will still be paying for the short-sighted approach of those who built some of our cities.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I love watching Qtards foaming at the mouth that if Biden just forced oil companies in the US to drill more gas prices would magically drop to levels they approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I love watching Qtards foaming at the mouth that if Biden just forced oil companies in the US to drill more gas prices would magically drop to levels they approve.
              He’s keeping prices high to force us all into electric cars

Comment

For the first time in my life, I'm about to see gas prices start with a 6...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  For the first time in my life, I'm about to see gas prices start with a 6...
                  Pretty much all of us are.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What's gas?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Those are the same Qtards (Reagan) that designed the Global Economy as we know it today. After the World is destroyed (won't be long) I hope their legacy is forever etched somewhere that no one will ever forget what they did.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I paid $71.50 to fill up my Optima yesterday at $5.29/gal. No matter who or what you think is responsible, that is friggin' robbery. Thankfully I'm one of the 7.3% enjoying the luxury of still working from home and I don't even regularly commute to the airport anymore, but I still have to fill up every 2-3 weeks just running errands around town where fuel efficiency is at its worst.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I paid $71.50 to fill up my Optima yesterday at $5.29/gal. No matter who or what you think is responsible, that is friggin' robbery. Thankfully I'm one of the 7.3% enjoying the luxury of still working from home and I don't even regularly commute to the airport anymore, but I still have to fill up every 2-3 weeks just running errands around town where fuel efficiency is at its worst.
                          Yeah, all you have to do is look up $XOM and see what their stock has been doing. Point your cannons appropriately (not you, specifically, but the country as a whole)
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Normally I don't need gas these days. But I had to drive long distance this week. Paid $4.55/gal across 4 states.

Sounds like that isn't too bad.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yeah, all you have to do is look up $XOM and see what their stock has been doing. Point your cannons appropriately (not you, specifically, but the country as a whole)
                              No no, this is obviously that Brandon guy's fault.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                              X