_ _ _ _ o
    _ X X _ o
    X X X X X
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Seriously, w t f is Wordle???

Comment

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So its the old mastermind game we played as kids.

eta: only 3 tries to get todays.
        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-06-2022, 09:17 AM.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Mastermind was brilliant.

I used the board to keep track of medals in the Olympics. It was fun designing unique color combos for flags (the Slavic nations are a PITA).

I still remember Brazil was GGYGG.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wordle 202 5/6

_ _ _ _ o
            X o _ _ _
            X _ _ o _
            X o _ o _
            x x x x x
            Code:

Comment

Dx are you not trying to use all the vowels in the first 2 turns? You should have more yellow/green by turn 3. Better than guessing the word, is working out strategy.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

202 5/6 That was fun. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. And I love the interface.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Dx are you not trying to use all the vowels in the first 2 turns? You should have more yellow/green by turn 3. Better than guessing the word, is working out strategy.
                  I play by the "hard" rules. You have to follow the guidance from prior guesses.

I also think of vowels as wasted guesses. Y__ c_n f_g_r_ __t _v_ry w_rd _n _ s_nt_nc_ _f y__ r_m_v_ _ll v_w_ls f__rly q__ckly. _o__o_a___, _o_ _o _u__. (Consonants not so much.)

The only question I haven't worked out is whether you should guess a word with an S in the last position or any other position. It's one or the other. I'm guessing 50-75% of all words with an S have an S at the end. So is it better to guess an S in another position hoping you hit the Battleship on the first guess or do you guess something with the highest chance of being correct? Which tells you more information?
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-07-2022, 09:35 AM.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I play by the "hard" rules. You have to follow the guidance from prior guesses.

I also think of vowels as wasted guesses. Y__ c_n f_g_r_ __t _v_ry w_rd _n _ s_nt_nc_ _f y__ r_m_v_ _ll v_w_ls f__rly q__ckly. _o__o_a___, _o_ _o _u__. (Consonants not so much.)

The only question I haven't worked out is whether you should guess a word with an S in the last position or any other position. It's one or the other. I'm guessing 50-75% of all words with an S have an S at the end. So is it better to guess an S in another position hoping you hit the Battleship on the first guess or do you guess something with the highest chance of being correct? Which tells you more information?
                    I'm not sure what you mean by hard rules. I don't ignore my previous guesses. If i get a hit, i will continue to use it going forward. But, i will add more vowels until i've covered them all. I don't put in non-words (unless by accident or typo). Since the first word is free, i maximize the vowels and common consonants.

I'd guess that most 6 letter words have at least 2 vowels (including y), and knowing them makes guessing the consonants easier. So, if i am getting at least 33% of the letters in 2 guesses, i am right on pace to finish in 6 tries.
                    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-07-2022, 09:49 AM.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by hard rules. I don't ignore my previous guesses. If i get a hit, i will continue to use it going forward. But, i will add more vowels until i've covered them all. I don't put in non-words (unless by accident or typo). Since the first word is free, i maximize the vowels and common consonants.

I'd guess that most 6 letter words have at least 2 vowels (including y), and knowing them makes guessing the consonants easier. So, if i am getting at least 33% of the letters in 2 guesses, i am right on pace to finish in 6 tries.
                      I usually do rotate through the vowels if I don't get hits. Today was just several in a row.
                      Code:

Comment

"LOUSY" would be a great first word. Eliminate less common vowels (assuming A,E are most common), and find out if Y or S is in the word.
                        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-07-2022, 01:42 PM.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

My wife just showed me the game yesterday. 2 for 2 now. I’m a genus!
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Two for two as well. Five guesses yesterday. Got today on the fourth.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

1 for 1 so far... I don't suck at life!
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X