Clear All

Took me until the fifth try.

Wordle 205 5/6

_ _ _ o _
    _ _ _ _ _
    _ o x _ _
    x x x _ _
    x x x x x

With almost no help on my first word, I chose my second word to see what other letters I could flush out. Had to do the same on my third guess, but re-used the hint from the first word.
    Last edited by aparch; 01-10-2022, 09:57 AM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Fourth try.

_ _ o _ x
      _ _ o _ x
      o x _ _ x
      x x x x x

I've tried the last three words. Gotten them correct on the 4th try twice and failed once. In the one I failed I didn't realize letters can repeat.
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Wordle 205 5/6

_o___
        _oX__
        __X__
        ___o_
        XXXXX

Yeah the letters repeating from the other day is BS.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Meh.

wings
          fated
          lordy
          chump

Those give you 20/26 letters (just missing the relatively uncommon zxvbqk). Put those 4 guesses in first every time and then you have 2 chances to anagram it. I’d predict >95% success rate with this strategy.

(No, as it happens, I *don’t* get invited to a lot of parties. Why do you ask?)

ETA: For those who think you are into word games, you’re not. Check out the very enjoyable “Word Freak,” where Stephan Fatsis delves into the world of competitive Scrabble. Those guys are the lexigraghical equivalent of those who memorize pi to 100,000 places….only they are memorizing 100,000 words.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Thought I'd dive in. Got it in 4 today.

_ _ o _ X
            o X _ _ X
            _ X _ X X
            X X X X X

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Meh.

wings
              fated
              lordy
              chump

Those give you 20/26 letters (just missing the relatively uncommon zxvbqk). Put those 4 guesses in first every time and then you have 2 chances to anagram it. I’d predict >95% success rate with this strategy.

(no, as it happens, I *don’t* get invited to a lot of parties. Why do you ask?)
              Different words, but same method for me.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Meh.

wings
                fated
                lordy
                chump

ETA: For those who think you are into word games, you’re not. Check out the very enjoyable “Word Freak,” where Stephan Fatsis delves into the world of competitive Scrabble. Those guys are the lexigraghical equivalent of those who memorize pi to 100,000 places….only they are memorizing 100,000 words.
                You have two d's and no j.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yeah I have a friend who competes in Scrabble tournaments. They take the fun out of it by just memorizing every valid 2/3/4/5 letter word possible.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Wordle 205 2/6
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

You have two d's and no j.
                      Sigh....that's what I get for just typing them out in ~30 seconds....

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Yeah I have a friend who competes in Scrabble tournaments. They take the fun out of it by just memorizing every valid 2/3/4/5 letter word possible.
                        Proper order for memorization is probably more like:

2 (tactical)
                        7 (bingos - duh)
                        3 (tactical again)
                        8 (bingos crossing/using an existing letter)

4s, 5s, and 6s are mainly for dumping letters that won't contribute to your next bingo, so within those sets you want to focus on words to get rid of letters unlikely to help you with a bingo (z, q, j, etc). And of course "memorize" means that when you see the letters completely scrambled (or alphabetical order, if that is your preference), you are able to just "see" the word essentially automatically. Like if I gave you "aeft" you should just see "fate."

Fun is in the eye of the beholder....

Comment

Meh.

wings
                          fated
                          lordy
                          chump

Quantian1 posted a solution as well, on Twitter
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I took 5 turns today. Got two letters right away but still had issues.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wordle 206 4/6

_ X _ _ _
                              _ X X _ _
                              _ X X X X
                              X X X X X

:-(
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Took 6 guesses today because I missed I had a yellow early on that would have helped.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X