No announcement yet.

2022 World Juniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here were go, definitely the correct decision being made after a series of unbelievably stupid ones.

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...484659719?s=21
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Tournament Cancelled.

Comment

We're still champs!

Comment

TSN finally realized they weren’t gonna get that Canada-Finland, USA-Russia doubleheader on New Years Eve?
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Holy **** what a gongshow.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Now that I’m not in a hurry at work, here’s the text:
              Team officials have stated that their players are being extremely cautious, staying in their rooms, obeying all protocols and yet this still keeps happening. I'm told there is a wedding reception planned for the hotel USA and Sweden are staying in tonight. What else can they do?
              Again, holy **** what a gongshow.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Tournament Cancelled.
                Well, that's that.

How the hell could they have pulled this off last year in the exact same location and then throw caution to the wind this year? Yes, that was a rhetorical question...

And to think, they switched Sweden for this year to 2024, just so Canada (specifically, Edmonton) could host it again this year ... with fans and presumably better ratings.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Well, that's that.

How the hell could they have pulled this off last year in the exact same location and then throw caution to the wind this year? Yes, that was a rhetorical question...

And to think, they switched Sweden for this year to 2024, just so Canada (specifically, Edmonton) could host it again this year ... with fans and presumably better ratings.
                  Well, Hockey Canada was in charge of all the logistical stuff like hotels and transportation. And boy did they screw that up.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The Collective Canadian Meltdown over the WJC being canceled is already far more entertaining than the normal CCM when Canada is eliminated:

TSN looks like it’s broadcasting a funeral.

The sports press is going after every executive in sight.

The regular press is going after Alberta’s politicians.

And this is on top of every other country involved blasting the Canadians in the press.

And it’s only been a few hours! Get the popcorn!
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

IIHF president Luc Tardif now discussing rescheduling the tournament. Somebody somewhere turned up the heat.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Here were go, definitely the correct decision being made after a series of unbelievably stupid ones.

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...484659719?s=21
                        And there's a typical American meathead crying about it claiming how much it must suck to live in Canada.

Comment

Also important: IIHF president Luc Tardif looks like Leslie Nielsen.

Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

And there's a typical American meathead crying about it claiming how much it must suck to live in Canada.
                            Haha look at 90% of that guy's replies. We should obviously hold his opinion in high regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              IIHF president Luc Tardif now discussing rescheduling the tournament. Somebody somewhere turned up the heat.
                              They will probably reschedule it during the NCAA playoffs...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

They will probably reschedule it during the NCAA playoffs...
                                It'll be either June, July, or August. No way they schedule it during the European or CHL seasons.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X